1. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Man i'm like 99% sure its going to be F2P

I bet you a pie it will be
    I don't trust you to pay out

Either way, I'll get it and play it for a week or so then decide. If it does end up being a DOTA clone then I certianly won't be playing for any longer.

2. Post
    clelcaz wrote:
    You're delusional. Last i checked, you were arguing about DotA, not Dota 2. We all are looking forward to how Dota 2 turns out... but we were saying we hope Dota 2 ISN'T just a gfx upgrade of DotA.

To come back, after getting the **** kicked out of you, and change your whole topic to Dota 2's prize pool.... You're a joke.

DotA has some ****ty 20k tournament... and a 'yet to be announced' 30k prize pool tournament. THAT'S what you should be comparing to LoL's 500k prize pool.
    Dota is allot older than LoL, also you're the delusional

3. Post
    527367 wrote:
    Dota is allot older than LoL, also you're the delusional
    Haha oh wow.

4. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    I don't trust you to pay out

Either way, I'll get it and play it for a week or so then decide. If it does end up being a DOTA clone then I certianly won't be playing for any longer.
    I will play if the items are done better and int/agi/str heroes all remain relevant all game

Otherwise, back to LoL

5. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    Perhaps, although at this stage, and knowing Valve I doubt it.
    You mean the company that recently made TF2 free to play, and pretty much lead the market on low price deals for AAA quality games? Yeah, I totally wish DotA2 was being made by Activision too.

6. Post
    They also admitted making TF2 was "their test dummy" or what ever... seeing how the FTP works...

Also, they said "we have a FTP game in the works" .... which i doubt is half life 3 or anything.... Dota 2 sounds A LOT more likely...

7. Post
    I dun think valve is making dota2 to make moniez, they making it to be the next big esports game. But major esports = moniez anyways lol

8. Post
    I'm confused, what do Valve think they can bring to the table that either LoL or HoN don't already do?

9. Post
    because by teaming up with the makers of dota, icefrog? i think.
    They r hoping to release a new and improved version of dota why else...

dota is the grandfather of LoL and HoN

10. Post
    FlipSide_nz wrote:
    I'm confused, what do Valve think they can bring to the table that either LoL or HoN don't already do?
    Serious?

Playtesting, quality control, reliable server infrastructure, superior meta features (stat tracking etc), a ****ing huge marketing budget, the fact that everything VALVE touches turns to gold?

11. Post
    FlipSide_nz wrote:
    Umm.. You have played LoL right?

Riot are **** - that's all.

Valve are boss - that's all.

But seriously:

exis wrote:
    Playtesting, quality control, reliable server infrastructure, superior meta features (stat tracking etc), a ****ing huge marketing budget, the fact that everything VALVE touches turns to gold?
    Edit:

Also I can't see Valve pumping out a new character every 2 weeks to sacrifice quality and throw out the balance of the game. I'm hoping their character implementation will still be at a good rate and won't be a complete ****storm like Riots is.

12. Post
    I just hope they come up with a good solution to rage quitters/greifing.

13. Post
    I like a new champ every two weeks but when you think about what little else they do, that isn't alot of work lol

14. Post
    Bt wrote:
    I like a new champ every two weeks but when you think about what little else they do, that isn't alot of work lol

I phrased that sentence badly. What I mean is that I think Valve would be able to keep up that rate of champion output whilst also improving many other aspects of the service. I'm also thinking they might offer it as F2P with large purchase packs like LoL do or premium membership like WoT where you have specific benefits due to paying; I'll assume these won't throw out game balance but just give you access to more portions of the game.

15. Post
    LOL is just **** and for noobs, why dont they give a 1 million dollar prize pool, o h wait thats because its a **** game for **** people

16. Post
    Hallucinogen_ wrote:
    LOL is just **** and for noobs, why dont they give a 1 million dollar prize pool, o h wait thats because its a **** game for **** people
    You heard it here first, **** game for **** people.

17. Post
    They need a system like the SC2 ones, where you play 5 games and be judged and put into a league... so you don't grouped up with noobs. With Dota 2's population it is certainly possible.

18. Post
    Shinken wrote:
    They need a system like the SC2 ones, where you play 5 games and be judged and put into a league... so you don't grouped up with noobs. With Dota 2's population it is certainly possible.
    THIS
    shinken for prime minister!

19. Post
    Numerical ELO style systems are standard for HoN and LoL already, but yeah something slightly classier like SC2's leagues would be great.

20. Post
    gpig wrote:
    I dun think valve is making dota2 to make moniez, they making it to be the next big esports game. But major esports = moniez anyways lol
    Gpig makes a very good point here, just look at this:-
    DotA Team Bought For $6.2m USD

My mind = blown. Esports is indeed serious business it seems.

21. Post
    God I hope the retards that want Dota 2 to be different to what DOTA currently is, to just stay on whatever respective game they already play.

To even suggest that agi/str/int heroes aren't equally relevant to the game is a pretty retarded comment to make. Maybe try play the game to a decent level before you make clueless cmoments.

It's hard to even fathom how terrible the game would be if you had to buy heroes to play like LoL or have horrible heroes introduced every few weeks just to try maintain interest in the game.

22. Post
    Lumb3r wrote:
    God I hope the retards that want Dota 2 to be different to what DOTA currently is, to just stay on whatever respective game they already play.
    then why the FU%* even make a second one?

Go play DotA if its perfect. stop caring about a sequel.

23. Post
    lol 6.2m wtf?

24. Post
    clelcaz wrote:
    then why the FU%* even make a second one?

Go play DotA if its perfect. stop caring about a sequel.
    Why even make Starcraft 2?

You can improve things without completely forgetting about what they originally were.

25. Post
    Lumb3r wrote:
    Too bad, because they'll be playing DOTA 2 initially in droves.

Lumb3r wrote:
    To even suggest that agi/str/int heroes aren't equally relevant to the game is a pretty retarded comment to make. Maybe try play the game to a decent level before you make clueless cmoments.
    You act like you've never played DOTA at all. INT drop way down in relevance by end game, due to how riced AGI become. Its a pretty ****ty feeling when one fed AGI carry can take out your whole team and you don't stand a chance and its definitely a flawed system. They need to implement some balance in DOTA2 with INT scaling and toning down AGI a notch.

Lumb3r wrote:
    It's hard to even fathom how terrible the game would be if you had to buy heroes to play like LoL or have horrible heroes introduced every few weeks just to try maintain interest in the game.
    It's not terrible at all. Maybe for cheapskates it'd be a problem, but for those of us that appreciate the time that these games soak up for us, $5 every couple of weeks for a new hero is chicken feed.

So yeah, what cle said above anyway, if you want it to be identical to DOTA, why are you getting so excited about it? I guarantee it won't be the carbon copy you're looking for.