Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post
    This game is looking f*cking great and was definitely a surprise for me which emerged from this year's rather ho-hum E3. It's a co-op MP focused FPS, where you pull off heists and obviously gameplay mechanics are inspired by Left 4 Dead. By a start-up indie developer Overkill Software, who're made up of ex-GRIN staffers (who made Bionic Commando: Re-Armed). It's coming to PC and PS3 in October. The publisher is Sony Online Entertainment.

E3 playthrough with game/sound designer Simon Viklund commentary Pt. 1 - Pt. 2

Recent developer Q&A article

P.S. In case you need reminding who Simon Viklund is, he composed the awesome score for BC: Re-Armed.

2. Post
    PSN download isn't it? Looks epicly good fun, can't wait.

3. Post
    Yeah, it's digital distribution only.

4. Post
    Looks cool but would get repetitive within a few hours tbh

5. Post
    It'll be cool if you can do stuff using stealth and taking hostages instead of just shooting everyone.

6. Post
    Haha, the media is going to have a field day with this one if its what I think it is

(Did not watch videos)

Burglary simulation?!?!

7. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Haha, the media is going to have a field day with this one if its what I think it is

(Did not watch videos)

Burglary simulation?!?!
    Yea, that's the first thing I thought as well.

8. Post
    Comes free if you purchase all four PLAY titles from what I understand, that being a good deal or not is debatable

9. Post
    For those waiting for the PC Release (delayed earlier this month) its being released 10AM PST 20/10.

10. Post
    So wait, thats today?

11. Post
    Therk wrote:
    So wait, thats today?
    Hrm the Reference from the steamforums to 10AM has disappeared, but Gamespy and vg247 are still reported 20/10 release so perhaps its 20/10 US Release.

12. Post
    yeah it's 10am pacfic US time tomorrow. post from one of the devs on the steam forums

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2187540

13. Post
    Picked this up yesterday on the US psn store. I dropped it pretty quickly though. The game is a bit repetitive and the mission are unclear, ontop of that there was no splitscreen which is annoying

Can't pass judgement on the online coop though, yet to try it

14. Post
    Just come up on Steam now,Downloading,hopefully this isnt to bad...

15. Post
    Had a play this morning on singleplayer (pc/steam version). Seems like a bit of fun while waiting for Battlefield 3 to release.

People over the steam forums are complaining that it's a console port - if it is, it's very clean and performs great on my rig anyway. The lack of proper video settings is a giveaway, but I'm happy with how it runs nonetheless.

The AI are relatively stupid in singleplayer, but the game mechanics feel solid. Worth the cheap price tag I think.

We could get some good coop games going if anyone is interested? Add me:
    jordNZ
    on steam. Don't know how much I will be playing it but would be keen for some online action.

16. Post
    Jordan NZ wrote:
    Had a play this morning on singleplayer (pc/steam version). Seems like a bit of fun while waiting for Battlefield 3 to release.

People over the steam forums are complaining that it's a console port - if it is, it's very clean and performs great on my rig anyway. The lack of proper video settings is a giveaway, but I'm happy with how it runs nonetheless.

The AI are relatively stupid in singleplayer, but the game mechanics feel solid. Worth the cheap price tag I think.

We could get some good coop games going if anyone is interested? Add me:
    jordNZ
    on steam. Don't know how much I will be playing it but would be keen for some online action.
    Cool,ill add you,i havent been able to play on line yet...cant find a server/game,had a go singleplayer wasnt to bad,but i got it for MP.

Do you have any servers at all in your Server list page,i dont anything.

17. Post
    Anyone keen on going in on a 4 pack? I've got two spare spots, will purchase then gift through steam. Works out at $15US each.

18. Post
    Managed to have a couple of games this arvo,after changing my Steam server to an off-shore one,was pretty fun.

Anyone know why if you have your server set to a kiwi one you dont get any P2P servers?

19. Post
    Because it uses matchmaking instead of dedicated servers, and I assume the matchmaking is restricted to other local players.

A few screenshots from the Panic Room/Drug deal scenario, after we finished the bank vault

After setting up the saws, setting the C4 charges and opening a hole from the roof

Calling the chopper in

Having to go back downstairs to secure the Magnet, what a mission.

Success!, but...we still need to get out safely (at this point we died trying to fight through to the sewers)

20. Post
    is that on max video setting?
    are the shooting mechanic solid?

i would love to play a bank robbing game haha.

21. Post
    Me and two friends are looking at buying a 4 pack. Wondering if anyone would like to buy the 4th copy?

Works out to be around $18-19 NZD each (using google)

22. Post
    whitenight wrote:
    is that on max video setting?
    are the shooting mechanic solid?

i would love to play a bank robbing game haha.
    Its only video setting is resolution, unless theres some config changes I haven't noticed yet. Shooting feels solid but you will need human players because the AI is a complete failure.

23. Post
    Renesis wrote:
    Do you have any servers at all in your Server list page,i dont anything.
    Nope, I don't see any servers either. Not happy right now, haha.

So is ANYONE keen to play? I'm already bored of this game because I can't play online... hahaha.

24. Post
    Looks like mud but it could be a bit of fun due to the concept.

Not for $20, though. Will wait till its $10

25. Post
    Jordan, add me on Steam (s0cks1985). Me and my mate are downloadin it now.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last