Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Watching a playthrough I did wonder how annoying passwords would be on a console.

3. Post
    'The second issue is inventory management. Rather than a typical quick wheel, or shooter-style quick change, to swap items or weapons it's necessary to enter the inventory and equip the item.'

Try holding down 'Y'. Brings up a wheel. You'll thank me later.

4. Post
    GP reviewers and their control issues, eep

5. Post
    Trading mouse support, higher resolutions and DirectX 11 features for a comfy chair

6. Post
    Bt wrote:
    GP reviewers and their control issues, eep

7. Post
    Xev wrote:
    'The second issue is inventory management. Rather than a typical quick wheel, or shooter-style quick change, to swap items or weapons it's necessary to enter the inventory and equip the item.'

Try holding down 'Y'. Brings up a wheel. You'll thank me later.
    Wait, What?

Stupid preview discs with no instructions ! I did a brief scan of the control options but I didn't notice it. Just out of interest, whats face palm about suggesting that playing in the comfort of a lounge is preferable for some people?

8. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    whats face palm about suggesting that playing in the comfort of a lounge is preferable for some people?
    Because YET AGAIN it the assumption that you're shackled to a desk when playing PC games. I'm playing DE:HR on PC with all the advantages AND playing on the couch with my 50 inch HDTV.

9. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    Wait, What?

Stupid preview discs with no instructions ! I did a brief scan of the control options but I didn't notice it.
    How in the hell could you have not figured out that holding down Y opens the quick menu? I bet knowing that would've made your playthrough a whole helluva lot less frustrating...

10. Post
    The Deus Ex series started on PC, and only dipped its toes into console waters on the Xbox. This latest title is the first to go multiplatform
    DEW was on Xbox and PC doesnt that make it multiplatform by definition?

11. Post
    Also DE1 was ported to PS2 years before IW was released.

12. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    Because YET AGAIN it the assumption that you're shackled to a desk when playing PC games. I'm playing DE:HR on PC with all the advantages AND playing on the couch with my 50 inch HDTV.
    So i should assume all pc players sit in the lounge? After all, if we are relying on your sample size, of, well, you....

most pc's are still on a desk, with monitor smaller than a TV. Are there exceptions? Of course.. I had the same set up for a while. But it's certainly not the majority.

hah, Fu, the game disc for review does not come with any instructions / manual.. as I say, i had a brief flick through the menu for control options, and didn't see / notice anything saying 'hold down Y'

13. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    It is not really an assumption when it's true. Majority of PC gamers don't hook their PC's up to HDTV's.

14. Post
    Couches are horrible for my back.

15. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    So i should assume all pc players sit in the lounge? After all, if we are relying on your sample size, of, well, you....

most pc's are still on a desk, with monitor smaller than a TV. Are there exceptions? Of course.. I had the same set up for a while. But it's certainly not the majority.
    That's cool and all, but it still doesn't make the wildly inaccurate, sweeping generalisation in your review true in the slightest. An individual doesn't have to sacrifice any of the benefits of the PC platform just to be able to play whilst sitting in a comfy seat (and/or on a large TV screen, in a lounge).

16. Post
    What do you couch guys use for keyboard/mouse rest? I like them on something solid like a desk.

17. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    What do you couch guys use for keyboard/mouse rest? I like them on something solid like a desk.
    Coffee table ftw

18. Post
    cencsor wrote:
    It is not really an assumption when it's true. Majority of PC gamers don't hook their PC's up to HDTV's.
    the fact is that is isnt true. The statement made states that you can either play on the couch with a console OR on PC with better gfx, etc.
    Trading mouse support, higher resolutions and DirectX 11 features for a comfy chair
    The two are not mutually exclusive.

Either its ALWAYS true, or its wrong. Based on my little unscientific poll around 25% of PC gamers use a HDTV as a monitor. So if 1/4 of PC gamers can and do use a TV as a gaming screen (at least some of the time) then they do NOT need to choose one option or the other.

19. Post
    You can also plug in the Xbox Keypad and use that for passwords, much easier.

TBH I think the reviewer needed to check a few more facts before posting the review up.

20. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    a piece of wood, like from an old desk or drawer set. it's got a slippery surface so my mouse has good response time, and it doesn't hurt my writsts or anything, can play for hours on end

21. Post
    You can also get achievements in Steam.*
    So feel free to remove that plus.

*Yes, I know you, I and your mothers dog don't care.

22. Post
    Jeff Sichoe wrote:
    You can also plug in the Xbox Keypad and use that for passwords, much easier.

TBH I think the reviewer needed to check a few more facts before posting the review up.
    Do many people actually have those? It would be useful, yeah, though it's a hassle to have plugged in to the controller imho..

And, folks like yourself who have the keypad, are welcome to read the article and decide, oh well, i'll use my keypad.

To be fair, whats a reviewer to do.. I could in theory cover every possible scenario in a super long section, ensuring every tangent or possible hardware / accessory combination is covered. I hear what you guys are saying but at the same time, it's limited space / time.

For some people doing that might be interesting, and for others it'd be a tedious list that would turn them away from the article.

But feedback is always welcome, and you learn something every time

23. Post
    Meh, I like playing on my PC at my desk. Have a nice chair and a decent full HD screen (1080p HD, while most console games can barely manage to render at 720p), quality headphones, nothing wrong with that

24. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    hah, Fu, the game disc for review does not come with any instructions / manual.. as I say, i had a brief flick through the menu for control options, and didn't see / notice anything saying 'hold down Y'
    http://www.replacementdocs.com/

25. Post
    Maddmatt wrote:
    Meh, I like playing on my PC at my desk. Have a nice chair and a decent full HD screen (1080p HD, while most console games can barely manage to render at 720p), quality headphones, nothing wrong with that
    Sif "most" PC games these days offer any real graphical advantages over the console versions. Most PC games coming out are just console ports anyway, look at DX: HR - even on max settings on a godly PC it looks no better than running 720p on PS3.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last