1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Ramza and Bt will pleased.

3. Post
    dnt see it being enough to start playing again

wow expansions have always made mistakes, cata is just unenjoyable
    tho its nice to see theyve finally added a appearence system

and its obvious why theyve decided to release deathwing raid and finish this expansion early
    to release another and another expansion faster and faster to make as much money until they lose more chunks of subs (tho i dont think wow will ever die)

4. Post
    Awesome, includes screens. Moar content is always good

5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Ha, i must admit, i'm pleased Cataclysm is coming to an end as Deathwing is a terrible antagonist but i still won't come back at this point.

6. Post
    and inb4 recycled content because some of the instances and the new raid takes place in Northrend...

but why so much recycled content, blizz?

7. Post
    It makes perfect sense in terms of story that events are taking place where they are. It's too bad that story isn't at all compelling. Bring back Kael Thas, now there was a bad guy. Magister Terrace and the Cataclysm were merely setbacks.

8. Post
    shit story/community/devs/class balance/pvp

gg

9. Post
    Really for me, the whole cross server dungeon thing really killed my enjoyment of the game. There is zero community interaction now beyond lucking ones way into a tight nit guild.

10. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Really for me, the whole cross server dungeon thing really killed my enjoyment of the game. There is zero community interaction now beyond lucking ones way into a tight nit guild.
    QFT

11. Post
    Cross-server raids will be great though. No more pug trade chat raids, what a wonderful world we'll have.

12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Cross-server raids will be great though. No more pug trade chat raids, what a wonderful world we'll have.
    That's exasperating the problem, not solving it...

13. Post
    I assume you'll need a certain ilvl to enter, so this will hopefully helps to prevent failures. Also, since its cross-server, I'll assume finding a group will be faster than the 2 hours it takes to form one from trade-chat.

I don't see the problem. Yes you'll get people who don't know how to play WoW, but it should be less often and your groups should form faster, so if its failing, just leave and try again. The LFR lockout is also seperate from normal/heroic mode raids, so it wont intefere with guild raids.

As for community, wow has always being full of tards as long as I can remember. LFR will be for getting through content/loot, guilds is where you find community.

14. Post
    Yeah, you don't get it at all.My point was that guilds are now the only form of community, this has killed the game for me. At least half of my friends list pre LFD consisted of people i met randomly in instances and struck a chord with. This is now impossible to achieve as people across servers are only focused on getting their phat loots. It's made players even worse.

15. Post
    Yeah well that community died a long-time ago. There's always GW2 and WvWvW PvP (this kinda forces the community you're looking for)

In retrospect, you shoulda formed a guild with the people on your friends list

16. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Yeah well that community died a long-time ago. There's always GW2 and WvWvW PvP (this kinda forces the community you're looking for)

In retrospect, you shoulda formed a guild with the people on your friends list
    I have a perfectly fine guild even still. Can return to the game and Nevermore whenever, that has never been the issue. You don't need to be captain obvious to explain that the community died a long time ago. This is why the game is no longer worth playing.

Indeed, GW2 is what i'm waiting for at the moment. Long may it reign.

17. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    I have a perfectly fine guild even still. Can return to the game and Nevermore whenever, that has never been the issue. You don't need to be captain obvious to explain that the community died a long time ago. This is why the game is no longer worth playing.

Indeed, GW2 is what i'm waiting for at the moment. Long may it reign.
    And long may ArenaNet realise that the community makes the game.

18. Post
    My 25 man Heroic Guild just broke up and transfered/server changed to Frostmourne Alliance

19. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    My sub ran out yesterday, which ran for one month and wasn't active for at least eight months prior to that.

I'll probably sub just to see the new content, then not bother resubbing again.

20. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Yeah, you don't get it at all.My point was that guilds are now the only form of community, this has killed the game for me. At least half of my friends list pre LFD consisted of people i met randomly in instances and struck a chord with. This is now impossible to achieve as people across servers are only focused on getting their phat loots. It's made players even worse.
    I know what you mean. Although cross realm battlegrounds made things a bit faster I would no longer get to randomly play with friends and as a roll group face the alliances best teams.

It is kind of sad. They really are more devoid of what was a fun community to pvp in.

21. Post
    yeah the dungeon finder was a huge killer for a lot of people
    I personally found no fault in making groups from realm chat, it encouraged you to make lots of community friends for access to good healers/tanks for groups

i even prefered battlegrounds when they were 1 realm only, quite often ur'd recognise opposite faction rivals and have epic premade battles with groups uve fought multiple times

before i quit for good in feb this year, i created a huge thread on wowgeneral forums called world of smallcraft which discussed the failings of the expansions making the world smaller and smaller with flying mounts/teleports/dungeonfinder etc and how now everyone hangs out in stormwind and never leaves
    b4 my gametime ended i tried to give away my 6figure gold to random encounters in the world, 1000g per person was my aim, traveling around on a ground mount only, i rarely came across anyone, im passed thru complete zones without seeing a single other player, needless to say Azy on frostmourne still has a load of gold (not that gold is worth anything anymore, the economy is destroyed)

22. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I assume you'll need a certain ilvl to enter, so this will hopefully helps to prevent failures. Also, since its cross-server, I'll assume finding a group will be faster than the 2 hours it takes to form one from trade-chat.

I don't see the problem. Yes you'll get people who don't know how to play WoW, but it should be less often and your groups should form faster, so if its failing, just leave and try again. The LFR lockout is also seperate from normal/heroic mode raids, so it wont intefere with guild raids.

As for community, wow has always being full of tards as long as I can remember. LFR will be for getting through content/loot, guilds is where you find community.
    LFR will be a whole other difficulty level. Lets assume the Deathwing raid is roughly the same difficulty as Firelands, which normal modes got nailed in a week by any decent guild and were subsequently labelled "joke modes", the LFR difficulty would LITERALLY be faceroll easy.

I don't really like the fact that it will drop a lower ilvl form of tier 13 and that it likely won't share a lockout with regular jokemode/heroic but oh well. Hopefully the gear is crappy enough that it won't be appealing to clear LFR mode just to get my 4pc, that'd be just like early Wrath, and exactly what Blizzard wanted to get away from.

I agree with you Ramza about community and whatnot but it doesn't bother me to the point of not playing. Guild raiding is where it has always been for me even if I do miss my weekly Kara runs with my then huge friendslist.

23. Post
    instead of the looking for dungeon/raid systems, i wish blizz had done somethin like this

reduced the number of realms by 3/4s, strengthen servers to hold a lot more people and let the dungeon/raid finders work on single realms rather than battlegroups

and to stop epic lag in stormwind/org, setup all 5 faction cities as cata hubs
    as much as i hate world of citycraft, id be much happier in darnassus
    even if all cities were cata hubs the bulk would stay in SW much like in vanilla the bulk stayed in ironforge even tho all cities were equal (apart from area accessibility) but the option would be nice

and if the dungeon finder was realm based, the group could be formed without instant teleporting, and people could make their own way, make the world feel big again

but itll never happen, all this talk of wow just makes me sad, makes me wnna resub, but i know im just gnna end up hating it, constantly reminding myself of a time when it was sooo good

24. Post
    good lord, never got into WoW.... But you guys are speaking a whole other language

I did try it once on a free week trial. It just never struck me as a particularly friendly game