Page 1 of 52 12341151 ... Last

1. Post

www.arma3.com

Alpha available 5th March

Alpha + beta + full release versions available from $38 NZD
    (http://www.arma3.com/buy?#alphaasic)

Features
    • Single-Player Campaign
    • Evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in an open-ended & story-driven campaign.
    • Vehicles & Weapons
    • Control a multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with accurate simulation, shoot anything from pistols to sophisticated weapon platforms.
    • Customizable Soldier Load
    • Choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get loaded up.
    • Physical simulation & improved animations
    • Take advantage of PhysX™ supporting vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and a revamped animation system.
    • Rich & authentic environment
    • Explore an unsurpassed modern ground combat experience set on an authentic Mediterranean island modeled from real-life geographic data.
    • Multiplayer Gameplay
    • Challenge both cooperative & competitive scenarios with full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
    • Completely Extensible & Moddable
    • Design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.
    • Storyline

After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched.

A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions…

Minimum Specifications:
    CPU: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or ATI Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 3000 with Shader Model 4 and 512 MB VRAM
    RAM: 2 GB
    HD 15 GB free space
    DirectX®: 10

2. Post

3. Post
    ArmA 2 is great but from what I hear it needed quite a while to get to that point, will probably wait at least a few months after release to gauge reactions before picking it up

4. Post
    Im addicted to Operation Arrowhead's online play. Buddying up with some mates on a server and working together to take objectives is the ****.

5. Post
    Looks incredible but I can barely play ARMA2 due to all the controls and my general tard'ness in remembering them all and handling the learning curve

6. Post
    isn't there a thread already on this.

7. Post
    sloane wrote:
    isn't there a thread already on this.
    theres a crappy uninformative thread, and a GP news snippit featuring the trailer.

Last i checked, theres about 4-5 threads on BF3

sloane: Get a new hobby, GP doesnt need you pointing out internet discrepancies

8. Post
    Video from this will probably end up in an ITV documentary one day.

9. Post
    WW2 era ARMA type game would be awesome imo.

10. Post
    RedNZ wrote:
    Im addicted to Operation Arrowhead's online play. Buddying up with some mates on a server and working together to take objectives is the ****.
    I've got OpAr but am embarrassed to say I've put in hardly any time compared to how much I used to play Operation Flashpoint back in the day. The custom missions with a small squad of mates was second to none back in the day.

I can remember one custom mission I d/l that started off with a sunrise to the sounds of Jimi Hendrix and soldiers running to the copters. Eventually flying to the dropzone and jumping out through low flying clouds and getting separated from the others. Trying to regroup in enemy territory was unreal and the immersion combined with atmosphere is something I'll always remember. Does Arma2 have custom missions similar to download from fansites? Never taken the time to look, always get sidetracked with other games.

11. Post

12. Post
    The server i always hang out in is OAB public server 2...

They have the Domination WEST EDIT mode on the Takistan map. Pure awesome. Some others too, but I havent played them yet.

13. Post
    For some reason I am under the impression that it was to be released September 2012, which is a year away. Anyone know for sure?

14. Post
    ErAd wrote:
    WW2 era ARMA type game would be awesome imo.
    world war 2 online :P

15. Post
    There is a WW2 based game product for ARMA2 engine. Liberation 44 or something. Who knows if it will ever come out, it features mostly russian and german forces with some british and us appearances from what I hear.

here it is

http://www.deepsilver.com/en/game-vi...ll/iron-front/

Very nice work, but could be vapour ware..

16. Post
    PRiME wrote:
    For some reason I am under the impression that it was to be released September 2012, which is a year away. Anyone know for sure?
    Our winter, 2012...roughly June

17. Post
    This looks bloody good. Thanks for putting the thread together

Now just have to decide whether to get into arma2 over summer or wait for this.
    lumpy custard

18. Post
    lumpy custard wrote:
    Now just have to decide whether to get into arma2 over summer or wait for this.
    Get ArmA 2 Combined Operations in the next Steam sale and play that. ArmA 3 will likely be a buggy mess for at least the first 6 months of release, probably longer.

19. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Get ArmA 2 Combined Operations in the next Steam sale and play that. ArmA 3 will likely be a buggy mess for at least the first 6 months of release, probably longer.
    That or Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead...its a stand-alone expansion that has most of the kinks worked out

20. Post
    Combined Ops = ArmA 2 vanilla + OA merged into one.

21. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Combined Ops = ArmA 2 vanilla + OA merged into one.
    I thought it was those 2 + the other 2 expansions?

22. Post
    Nope. British Armed Forces and PMC are DLCs for OA.

23. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    They are also worth getting if you play online, unless of course you like your British uniforms looking like a blurry mess haha.

24. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    OIC...I have both games (purchased separately)...OA is almost like a whole new game compared to the glitches in Arma 2.

Also: Beta patch for Operation Arrowhead is a MUST...it almost eliminates the teleporting effect you see when looking at moving objects at distance, as well as other performance fixing.

Latest beta patches are found here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

25. Post
    Not Arma 3, but just showing off the kind of **** you can look forward to from the dedicated Arma modding community:

Page 1 of 52 12341151 ... Last