1. Post
    You shoulda seen the line at penrose it was around the building and behind their second building.
    I drove past on my way home, not stopping for that shiz PBs wholesale prices arnt that amazing.

2. Post
    Man sooo many people at PBtech Penrose, the line was like 200m long lol. Didn't take too long to get in. They had this silly rule of a maximum of two of each thing so I went and hid some of the monitors around the store so I could come back and claim my prize later It was fruitless though as they didn't run out lol

3. Post

What do GP?

4. Post
    see a psychologist for hoarding

5. Post
    What the hell do you guys keep on your drives? I have a 250GB drive and when it gets full i just uninstall a game i never play or delete a tv series i never watch.

6. Post
    It's nice to have a sweet collection. Especially if you have a media box with XBMC or something like that.

7. Post
    Sphyre wrote:
    It's nice to have a sweet collection. Especially if you have a media box with XBMC or something like that.
    Also, D/L all you can from DC++ while at uni, saves a lot of your broadband quota when you aren't at uni.

8. Post
    Update:

sauce= MORE@ http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...oods-tech.html

Compared with the scores of companies in the disk drive industry with operations in Thailand, Seagate Technology Plc (STX) is lucky.

Only 180 of its 15,400 workers are among the 13 million people whose homes have been swamped. The floodwaters that have engulfed much of the industrial heartland north of Bangkok for the past six weeks have spared both of Seagate’s sprawling Thai factories, Bloomberg Businessweek reports in its Nov. 21 edition. In fact, the weather at Seagate’s plant in Teparuk, which is outside the flood zone, has been uncharacteristically dry, says Thailand country manager Jeffrey D. Nygaard.

Still, Seagate Chief Executive Officer Stephen J. Luczo is forecasting difficult times for the drive industry. Each of the hundreds of thousands of drives Seagate’s Thai factories ship every day contain parts from 130 or so suppliers, many still under three feet of water. The projections by some Wall Street analysts that production will be back to pre-flood levels by summer are nonsense, Luczo says.

“This is going to take a lot longer than people are assuming, until the end of 2012 at least,” he says. “And by then, demand will have gone up.”
    more@

tl;dr
    1. 130 part suppliers, many of which are still under water
    2. forcast to begin supplying by the end of 2012(demand will be enourmous)
    3. prices have jumped 20%+
    4. western digital and toshiba will be 50 million short of the 180million target
    5. 4.5 billion fund offered bt the thai government for rebuilding

9. Post
    Just an update from Tom's Hardware

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/HDD...and,14232.html

People still don't agree when the issues with production will be sorted but 2013 is a long way away.

10. Post
    i hope they have massive sales on during boxing day on HDs!

11. Post
    terminator99 wrote:
    Just an update from Tom's Hardware

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/HDD...and,14232.html

People still don't agree when the issues with production will be sorted but 2013 is a long way away.
    Dear god, make the pain stop.

12. Post
    Anyone know if Ingram Micro has WD 2TBs? Just ordered a pair for $250 wherein Ingram is the supplier.

Wondering if it will take a million years or quick fulfilment as a result of plenty of stock from the inflated price.

13. Post
    do u guys think we will get another one of those dick smith/jb hifi 2tb for 128 dollar deals in the upcoming sale season?

14. Post
    bombjack wrote:
    do u guys think we will get another one of those dick smith/jb hifi 2tb for 128 dollar deals in the upcoming sale season?
    Not a ****ing chance.

15. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    Anyone know if Ingram Micro has WD 2TBs? Just ordered a pair for $250 wherein Ingram is the supplier.

Wondering if it will take a million years or quick fulfilment as a result of plenty of stock from the inflated price.
    \

What model?

The WD 3.5 2TB Ext HDD USB3.0/2.0 there is 25 in stock. Other than that cant see any others at $250 ish with stock.

16. Post
    bombjack wrote:
    retailers are more likely to price gouge in my opinion. They put their prices up even when they still had existing stock.

So no, I doubt there will be any massive savings on hdds

17. Post
    si. wrote:
    \

What model?

The WD 3.5 2TB Ext HDD USB3.0/2.0 there is 25 in stock. Other than that cant see any others at $250 ish with stock.
    WD20EARX

18. Post
    bombjack wrote:
    No they were just getting rid of stock.

19. Post
    We're actually in a good position here in NZ, our "demand" is tiny compared to big countries like China, so we're actually seeing supplies of HDD coming through, albeit at a terrible price, but stock is still there.

20. Post
    Found some wd greens 1tb Sata 2 for about 80nz in china. I'm off to china in a few days so might stock some in and treat gp a little.

21. Post
    Lol I remember in Shanghai last year they had 640GB USB flash drives

22. Post
    Lol i remember buying a 128gb usb flash drive for 40 nz dollars last year from a chinese trademe kinda site. i was so happy when it arrived, it was so small and cute, and said "Sony" on it. but then i noticed although my computer recognized the usb as 128GB, after using up 2GB of the space initially, any other file that i put on top of that came up as error when i tried to open them.

i vote for "LOL CHINA" sub-forumz

23. Post
    $40 for 128GB usb? I guess people still believe in Santa too

I will be rationing space until prices are closer to normal. Will just start deleting unimportant files like irreplaceable family memories etc

24. Post
    Hugo Stiglitz wrote:

What do GP?
    You think you got problems! I got two 500GB drives unplugged that are full too haha. Need to cull some content I think.

25. Post
    Been deleting old **** I wouldn't watch again. Still not much space though.