1. Post

Latest ISP latency comparison

Another Truenet comparison
    Good comparison for gamers

A few unexpected results it think, I didn't expect telecom to do as bad as it did.

Linky
    https://www.truenet.co.nz/articles/l...-international

2. Post
    IMO the differences are only really negligible at best... these are statistics for off-net traffic after all.

3. Post
    Why do so many people still have interleaving on (presuming that's what's causing the figures to be so high rather than 90% of people testing from Invercargill?).

4. Post
    When I was with Telecom, I'd ping ~20ms to the first hop, but ~40ms to the second, so everything was 40ms+ away.
    With Slingshot, ~20ms is pretty much anywhere in Auckland.

5. Post
    Zeon wrote:
    Why do so many people still have interleaving on (presuming that's what's causing the figures to be so high rather than 90% of people testing from Invercargill?).
    Some people require it to be on for a stable connection, it's usually the first thing that gets changed from an ISPs end if a customers complaining about frequent d/c's.

6. Post
    i DC about 20 times a day if i turn interleaving off, with interleaving its like 1 DC every 2 days or so

7. Post
    The leaders are Vodafone for national latency and TelstraClear Cable for international latency.
    O_o

8. Post
    it completely depends where you're going to.. most of the isp's will be kind of similar for facebook, but to sea.battle.net there's a lot more variation.

9. Post
    You have to remember...

National test is probably just to trademe and the international is only to one host/server in the US.

Some ISP's have interleaving on by default.

Some ISP's have their routers configured to drop/delay worthless ICMP packets.