Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

1. Post
    pre-orders are now live on the official site and gog.com with steam following sometime soon. release is set for april 1tth

http://www.grimrock.net/buy/

2. Post
    gonna wait for abit to see how this goes. Looks interesting tho , old school!

3. Post

and preordered from GOG.com

4. Post
    http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/legend_of_grimrock
    20% discount until April 10th.

I'm torn between getting this through GOG or waiting for it to pop up on Steam. Having a DRM free copy is nice yes, but I also like the "social" features and stat tracking features of Steam. You can't have the latter if you're simply running a game's EXE through Steam. External programs won't show up on my Steam community profile for example. "Oh, my mate spent 10 hours playing Skyrim this week."

5. Post
    Used to love Dungeon Master, this looks very similar so will have to look at it.

6. Post

Pre-ordering direct from the developer gets you a DRM free copy AND a Steam key, plus they get 100% of the profits. That automatically eliminates my aforementioned quandary. F*ck middlemen like GOG and the Steam store.

7. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:

Pre-ordering direct from the developer gets you a DRM free copy AND a Steam key, plus they get 100% of the profits. That automatically eliminates my aforementioned quandary. F*ck middlemen like GOG and the Steam store.
    Will order via link
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

8. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:

Yeah I just reading that. Time to cancel GoG pre-order.

9. Post
    Oh LOL, turns out that ordering through the developer uses Humble Bundle as the middleman. Oh well, still can't beat having a DRM free copy, Steam key AND all of the GOG extras as a pre-order bonus.

10. Post
    HB isn't really a 'middle man' as you can give 100% to the developers

11. Post
    No payment split options are given when you order Grimrock, which is understandable since this is no "charity" bundle. It's done through something called "Humble Store" and when I processed the transaction through Amazon Payments, it was charged to Humble Bundle Inc.

Either way nowhere do they say if HB get a percentage of the sale or not. I assume that they do, since bandwidth costs have to be paid.

12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    No payment split options are given when you order Grimrock, which is understandable since this is no "charity" bundle. It's done through something called "Humble Store" and when I processed the transaction through Amazon Payments, it was charged to Humble Bundle Inc.
    Interesting. Was under the understanding HB was a pure charity orginisation and had no fingers in other pies.

Will make me rethink my donations for future bundles... Who knows if they are slicing from the top...

13. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Interesting. Was under the understanding HB was a pure charity orginisation and had no fingers in other pies.

Will make me rethink my donations for future bundles... Who knows if they are slicing from the top...
    When did you get the idea that they were a pure charity organisation? With the Humble Bundles you can choose to give NO money to the charities. In the case of the "charity" bundles, they give you the option of giving HB Inc. a slice to pay for hosting costs and the like, so I highly doubt that they're "skimming off the top". The "charity" bundles would be an entirely different animal to a say an indie developer using them as a pure retail middleman, i.e. as is the case with Grimrock.

14. Post
    Just ordered, used to love Dungeon Master and have played it a few times in the last few years.

15. Post
    This is looking hot! I recently played through Eye of the Beholder 2 and Dungeon Master 2....curses I always forget how short dungeon master 2 really us!

This will certainly take up my time when I feel like some SP gaming. Pre-ordered directly from them.

16. Post
    Some early reviews

Game Banshee review

17. Post
    I had heard nothing at all about this game until I saw somewhere that it was on special.. Went to the website and watched the trailer and purchased it straight away.. It looks SO much like EOB that if its even nearly as good it will be worth the purchase price!

18. Post
    TB is proper impressed too
    It is a WTF is so its spoilerish as far as a few basic puzzles go for the very early levels.

19. Post
    Looking so awesome

20. Post
    I'm downloading it now. Look forward to giving it a go.

21. Post
    Installed and being playing it for about 30 minutes.

Really loving it, brings back all those Dungeon Master memories.

22. Post
    Looks like a real old school game, nice and difficult too.

23. Post
    Got this too, going to jump on in about 5 minutes

Excitement ensues

24. Post
    Sweet. Sounds good from the reviews. I totally forgot this was pre-ordered! Looks like my evening is sorted!

Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last