1. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    Well that makes sense. Onpeak and all.
    I used to be able to get full speed any time of the day

Should I just except its gone to crap?

2. Post
    Can anyone recommend me a seedbox for just downloading from public trackers like tpb? Dont need lots of storage either. Im a nub never used a seedbox before either, so anything I should know before I do?

3. Post
    Debra wrote:
    Can anyone recommend me a seedbox for just downloading from public trackers like tpb? Dont need lots of storage either. Im a nub never used a seedbox before either, so anything I should know before I do?
    whatbox.ca

4. Post
    my whatbox has gone down. ram failure.

5. Post
    does anyone wanna split a seedbox? Alldebrid which I am currently using is turning to shit and since megaupload closed Im thinking its not worth maintaining a premium downloading account.

looks like im back to torrents

looking to split a whatbox.ca plan about 4-5 ways as I download relatively little (about 20gb a month) and 100GB is like farr more than my cap lol

6. Post
    I don't use seedboxes, but I have a few dedi's @ ovh 100mbit/1gbit/10gbit, a 4gbit nforce and a 1gbit dedicated line @ a university in rotterdam. Seedboxes are oversold and if you want quality service you'll go for a dedi whatever your needs maybe, torrents, ftp, direct downloads.

7. Post
    h3r3t1K wrote:
    I don't use seedboxes, but I have a few dedi's @ ovh 100mbit/1gbit/10gbit, a 4gbit nforce and a 1gbit dedicated line @ a university in rotterdam. Seedboxes are oversold and if you want quality service you'll go for a dedi whatever your needs maybe, torrents, ftp, direct downloads.
    Tho dedi's tend to be a bit more expensive :P

8. Post
    kyhwana wrote:
    Tho dedi's tend to be a bit more expensive :P
    not if you split between a few people

9. Post
    a few more providers are,
    techievps - uk/us london peering is great use coupon code BETA for 50% discount,
    underleech - decent boxes well slotted get what you pay for
    gbitbox - romanian based | lame support decent pipes gbit unmetered from 17euro

10. Post
    Is anyone else getting low speeds (under 300KB/s at any hour) on whatbox?

Been like this for a few days now on slingshot ayce plan. anyone else on ayce having this issue with whatbox?

11. Post
    SBKallstars wrote:

Been like this for a few days now on slingshot ayce plan. anyone else on ayce having this issue with whatbox?
    Are you using a DLM?

12. Post
    SBKallstars wrote:

Was getting full line speed mid day yesterday off whatbox, always slows down after about 6pm tho

13. Post
    getting pissed with seedroots now. Slow down speed from the box to home. grrrr been like this for the past week now

14. Post
    Well they're using Kimsufi boxes so if you move make sure to avoid anything from Kimsufi/OVH/France.

15. Post
    I have used maybe 60 providers in the last year or so for all sorts of different reasons and for the generic reason most people here would be using one, Seedunlimited was always the most consistent.

Might not be the quickest or the cheapest but I was always able to get top speed regardless.
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

16. Post
    I gave up on Seedroots for transferring stuff home. I'm just using it to amp up my ratios now.

17. Post
    I'm still loving www.seed.st 100mbit plan, it's the cheapest I've seen and I haven't found any reason to want to try any others.

When taking files off the seedbox I max out my line at 2mb/sec downloading via ftp using IDM.

18. Post
    I've cancelled my VPN after not being able to update rTorrent/libTorrent.

In the market for a seedbox now. Would love to give Seed.st a try, but the plan I want is sold out at the moment.

19. Post
    seed.st look crap. Only an average of 10MB/s on their gig plan?

20. Post
    Giving SeedHost.eu's 7/month plan a try. Comes out to $11NZ/month.

I'm not allowed to download from public trackers and only have 4 torrents active at any one time on that plan.

21. Post
    You either got the last slot, or they have no available.

22. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    seed.st look crap. Only an average of 10MB/s on their gig plan?
    I'm not on that plan but I think you would get higher. 100mbit plan says 2mb/sec average upload and I've seen it above 5mb/sec when I'm seeding something popular.

I'm not hard out so I'm just happy to keep my ratio in positives.

23. Post
    JaredMc wrote:
    I've seen it above 5mb/sec when I'm seeding something popular.
    That is still TERRIBLE speeds... On a 100mb/s upload SB I would expect at least 70-80mb/s minimum

Would not touch that provider.

24. Post
    Proxyep wrote:
    does anyone wanna split a seedbox? Alldebrid which I am currently using is turning to shit and since megaupload closed Im thinking its not worth maintaining a premium downloading account.

looks like im back to torrents

looking to split a whatbox.ca plan about 4-5 ways as I download relatively little (about 20gb a month) and 100GB is like farr more than my cap lol

Keen!

25. Post
    Getting 1.3MiB/s through SeedHost.eu. Got no ability to make torrents. Have lodged a support ticket about it. Download via regular FTP only - 108Kb/s

Signed up for a basic seed.st account. They're still on rTorrent 0.8.9/libTorrent 0.12.9, which is blocked by some of the trackers I'm using. Have been told it's related to torrents created by uTorrent being buggy. seed.st need to do more testing with 0.9.0/0.13.0 before they roll it out. Downloading via DownThemAll at 108Kb/s

Both boxes are hosted in the same datacentre in France.