1. Post
    0.9.0/0.13.0 is still beta isn't it?
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

2. Post
    0.8.9/libTorrent 0.12.9 is the stable however I've had some problems too with wrong hash's from some uTorrent torrents. However the easy fix was to just throw the torrents in the watch directory instead of uploading them in the webUI.

3. Post
    bzE wrote:
    0.8.9/libTorrent 0.12.9 is the stable however I've had some problems too with wrong hash's from some uTorrent torrents. However the easy fix was to just throw the torrents in the watch directory instead of uploading them in the webUI.
    Now you tell me. I can cancel these 2 seedboxes now and restore my VPN - it was always faster for me anyway.

Thanks for the tip.

4. Post
    You get what you pay for with seed.st? FTP only. Variable speeds and ruthless customer support. But the price and the weekly option alone makes that worth it.

5. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    I have used maybe 60 providers in the last year or so for all sorts of different reasons and for the generic reason most people here would be using one, Seedunlimited was always the most consistent.

Might not be the quickest or the cheapest but I was always able to get top speed regardless.
    60? Really? And seedunlimited was the best for you? Speeds were always so bad for me. I like the setup though. Feral has been the best for me speed and usability wise. I go with Seedroots purely because of how much space they give you.

Seedroots has still done me well though. Good customer service and speeds. How slow is it Liger and which ISP are you with?

6. Post
    im with slingshot AYCE. I know about the peak throttling, but off-peak, its so up and down. Between 500kb and 1mbit. Whatbox maxes out a steady 2mbit.
    Using vnstat to see the box speed, and the box is hardly being raped on uploads, so i don't know what's going on there really. It was good last month, but all of a sudden, its just ****.

7. Post
    I'm more than happy with my Kimsufi box at this point.

edit: and just as I say that, Pulsedmedia are breached and 20 servers are compromised.

Mine was one of them. All my data is goooooone.

GG ratio, GG.

8. Post
    So I was unable to revert my cancelled VPN. Am a little sad, but I can just always buy a new one from the same provider.

For the time being, I have seed.st and SeedHost.eu boxes to tide me over.

9. Post
    Khann wrote:
    I'm more than happy with my Kimsufi box at this point.

edit: and just as I say that, Pulsedmedia are breached and 20 servers are compromised.

Mine was one of them. All my data is goooooone.

GG ratio, GG.
    Bah got the email too. Not affected though because I'm on PDS2 which isn't affected. Sucks for them though because it was their birthday yesterday

10. Post
    So they were hacked?

11. Post
    I think an ex-employees email account was hacked which had help desk support tickets containing user/passes to older dedicated servers.

e; it was 18 machines said ex-employee was in charge of.

12. Post
    Yep they got mine too. One interesting thing is it's apparently the same ex-employee that hacked them in November and took down a bunch of servers, I've been with Pulsed Media for less than a month (I was previously with Boxslots who also got hacked)

13. Post
    Could happen to anyone I guess. Pulsed is still great value for money.

14. Post
    Any tips for UK VPN providers at reasonable prices?

15. Post
    No love

16. Post
    Credit card was compromised today according to the bank.

I have a card I only use for boxes, so others may want to check balances etc.

17. Post
    That wholly depends on who you were with.

And anyone using Paypal would be fine.

18. Post
    bzE wrote:
    That wholly depends on who you were with.

And anyone using Paypal would be fine.
    Yup, but as I said above I have used a large range of providers and most of the "main stream" sellers. Bank doesn't know what site it was but could have been any.

My credit card is gets around so it could have been anywhere.

19. Post
    Seedroots users, have you tried adding magnet links? my one seems to crash the webUI all the time.

20. Post
    There's probably a magnet friendly gui.

21. Post
    Must ask their admin team then about looking into it.

22. Post
    Anyone else using seedbox.fr?

They give you the ability to "move" between lituania, poland, the netherlands and france, provide a vpn end point, and proxy services. Unrated network and 170gb storage for ~NZD$25 per month. Gig connected (shared) but i can normally get upwards of 40-50MB/s 80MB/s is about the max i've seen.

23. Post
    **** yeah! Seedroots fixed my magnet links issue in less than an hour!

24. Post
    How did they fix it in the end? I have no need for magnets at the moment but I guess they are the way of the future.

25. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    How did they fix it in the end? I have no need for magnets at the moment but I guess they are the way of the future.
    reinstalled rutorrent again. seems that there was an initial problem with the installation for mine