1. Post
    kyhwana wrote:
    You mean up or down?

I share it with some other people, but i've hit ~4MB/s down total.. up about the same, depending on who was downloading what..
    yeah i meant down for all those speeds

2. Post
    th3r3turn wrote:
    me and mate go halfs on a nice seed box, pay about 25-30$ for 3 mnths for a 100mb connection, 40gig space and unlimited downloads/uploads.
    nice,yeah this is a mate and i going halves too. this worked out to be NZ$10 each for a total of 75 gigs diskspace and unlimited downloads/uploads. the original plan was to get a big one and split between 3-4 people, but people being unreliable

3. Post
    527367 wrote:
    www.fastsh.it

however, if you need to restart your server, you may need to post a thread in the forums. Maybe they updated the servers though, i haven't used them in like year, you pay a premium, but to top it off, you can host nearly anything on the servers

edit: ok i just checked, they're now https://bytesized-hosting.com/

The plans seem ok
    That was actually one of the first providers i was recommended.only thing that stopped me using them was their "no open trackers" policy. i assumed this meant it wouldn't allow downloads from piratebay etc?

4. Post
    cheeky_darky wrote:
    nice,yeah this is a mate and i going halves too. this worked out to be NZ$10 each for a total of 75 gigs diskspace and unlimited downloads/uploads. the original plan was to get a big one and split between 3-4 people, but people being unreliable

yea keep it simple. the more people the bigger the problem! 40gigs is enough, and il download when it completed!

5. Post
    Feral Hosting is really good for the price and I've never had any troubles with them regarding downtime or slow speeds. I've heard some horror stories about Pulsed Media though.

Moderate price great performance is:
    Whatbox
    Gamestuff
    Xirvik
    Bytesized Hosting
    Feral Hosting - best bang for buck

I'm currently with seed.st at the moment. Mainly because I don't really need a provider full-time (ie. for more than a month) and they're service allows me to do weekly rentals. You get what you pay for. The speeds on the 100mbps (for transferring files) aren't great (but still better than ddl providers). They're usually about 5-800. They're 1gbps boxes are pretty good though. This is the service to use only if you're hard up for cash.

Re the open trackers thing. It makes perfect sense, and if you start using a seedbox more you will find that you won't be using them at all. But please let's not throw around names of trackers. Keep it strictly about seedboxs.

6. Post
    I'm with Feralhosting. Speeds are pretty good. Pic related.

7. Post
    cheeky_darky wrote:
    cheers guys, i ended up going with http://dediseedbox.com/
    Hey I just signed up for them too. However not able to get a decent browser running until sunday. Any idea if they have the rutorrent addon for just autodownloading off rss feeds?

8. Post
    All you need to consider is routing to your home connection when thinking about a seed box. The number one complaint is people with slow FTP/SFTP access. Use one of the US based providers for reasonable speeds home.

9. Post
    fira wrote:
    I'm with Feralhosting. Speeds are pretty good. Pic related.
    that looks pretty sweet,this the entry level plan?

10. Post
    The entry level one is such good value for money. $15 for 333gb. I'll probably switch back to that or go to something like Xirvik or Whatbox.

Re speed complaints. The easiest way to get good speeds is to use a download manager like IDM and copypasta from flashfxp.

11. Post
    I recommend Feral Hosting, always been perfect for me with great speeds.

12. Post
    cheeky_darky wrote:
    cheers guys, i ended up going with http://dediseedbox.com/

whatbox and feralhosting were both sold out of the plan i wanted at the time. dediseedbox seems good so far, took them about 12 hours to setup. speeds vary, but i have one torrent going at 3.5MB/s with all my torrents going at about 5MB/s total. ill keep an eye on this and see how fast it goes.

you guys on whatbox, what sorta speeds do you get?
    I've been getting upto 9MB/s Down on whatbox and about 7MB/s up, although I'm on their upper end seedbox which is 300Mb connection.

13. Post
    I share my server with someone (not mentioning any usernames, he might not want to be bothered)

I pay $3 NZ a month for about 15gb space and unlimited bandwidth.

14. Post
    So I signed up to whatbox (haven't picked a plan yet) but am unsure how it all works, how do you search for things to download? Is it just like normal?

I just don't want to commit to a plan then fail on the downloading to my box.

15. Post
    Pulley wrote:
    So I signed up to whatbox (haven't picked a plan yet) but am unsure how it all works, how do you search for things to download? Is it just like normal?

You get your torrent as you normally would, assume it uses ruTorrent, you either then use the ruTorrent interface to upload the torrent or you create a new directory on the server via FTP and place the torrent files in there via FTP of course, then setup ruTorrent to automatically pick up torrent files from that directory.
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

16. Post
    Name: Whatbox
    Connection Speed: 100Mbps Upload / Download
    Support: 9/10
    GUI: rTorrent
    Speed of GUI: 8/10
    Package: Storage 115GB / Unmetered Traffic
    Price: USD$15/mth
    Overall rating: 8.5/10

Pretty happy with these guys...not lightning fast but reliable and does what I need it to do. Really good support, allows SSH tunneling/proxy, supports FTP/sFTP, etc. Good for starting out I think.

Pulley wrote:

There is a little globe icon in the top left of ruTorrent which brings up a popup box, at the bottom is a field where you can just chuck in the URL of the torrent file. To get the URL, instead of downloading the torrent file, you can just right click the torrent file link and copy shortcut or link location then paste it into the aforementioned field and click add URL...it will show you a message in the log saying it was successfully passed to ruTorrent and then it will start.

17. Post
    Whatbox Heat 2 plan
    Happy with it

Seedunlimited 700gb plan, not so great

18. Post
    JoshyEee wrote:
    Whatbox Heat 2 plan
    Happy with it

Seedunlimited 700gb plan, not so great
    Why would you get a 700gb plan? There is no point in any plan over 200gb.

19. Post
    Seedunlimited is fail. Stay away.

20. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    Seedunlimited is fail. Stay away.
    I have a gigabyte server with them and have zero issues. Problem is with the end user.

21. Post
    I've had problems with them. Slow GUI, slow speeds from box to pc, and slow torrents. I've also read similar reviews on other review forums.

22. Post
    Must be true then.

23. Post
    Yes users. You could take my word for it, or the guy who has Douche as a tag.

24. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    Yes users. You could take my word for it, or the guy who has Douche as a tag.
    You just sound upset now.

25. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    I've had problems with them. Slow GUI, slow speeds from box to pc, and slow torrents. I've also read similar reviews on other review forums.
    I've had some experience with the Seed UL 700GB Unmetered plan as well when previously sharing with a mate and I am getting better speeds on my Whatbox account though I'm only on the 115GB plan but overall 700GB of storage and the speed you get at that pricepoint is decent. You could pay an extra $8 and get a 300GB gigabit plan from Seed UL?

If Privoxy has one of the gigabit plans, I would expect him to get markedly better performance in any event.