1. Post
    well I'll be damned... you've LITTERALLY got the best of both worlds....

2. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Just need to get a tunnel sync setup going on so the data just "passes" over the box and straight to your PC
    oh wow,im trying this

3. Post
    Even easier when you automate it this is something I use for similar (done via SSH/SFTP on one of my sync locations, this ones the homer....), mirrors content or updates local, doesnt download index files or .part files.

Run as a Cron script ... if you run it manually prints current transfer and previous succeeded transfers.

I'm a shit coder .. but it works and looks kinda pretty Enjoi

mirror.sh
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    clear
    SERVICE='directory-prefix'
    APP='append-output'
    if ps ax | grep -v grep | grep $SERVICE > /dev/null
    then
            echo -e "\033[31mStill running:\033[0m"
            echo -e "\033[0m" | pgrep -lf $APP
            echo -e "\033[0m"
            echo -e "\033[33mCurrent File:\033[0m"
            echo -e "\033[33mCurrent File:" | tail -n 4 /var/log/wget.log
            echo -e "\033[0m"
            echo -e "\033[0m"
            echo -e "\033[32mLast Completed:\033[0m"
            cat /var/log/wget.log | grep save | grep -v html | grep -v txt > /var/log/trunced.log
            tail -n 10 /var/log/trunced.log
    else
            wget --progress=bar:force --append-output=/var/log/wget.log -S --directory-prefix=/<<DIRECTORY GOES ERE>> --user=<<<USERNAME ERE!>>> --password=<<<PASSWORD GOES ERE!!!>> -r --reject="index.html?C=N;O=D","index.html?C=M;O=D","index.html?C=D;O=D","index.html?C=S;O=D","index.html?C=N;O=A","index.html?C=M;O=A","index.html?C=S;O=A","index.html?C=D;O=A",index.html,.html,.part -np --retry-connrefused -nc -c "<<<URL/Location GOES HERE!!>>>" &
    fi
    Output from Running command while in progress/sync

4. Post
    My main problem was getting the files from the seedbox to me. I want to be able to queue it up to download between 2-8am every night. Couldn't find a decent ftp client with multi part downloads and a good scheduler

Any suggestions?

5. Post
    bet your on Slingshot, SO do not use FTP, they throttle the SHIT out of your connection if you do. use HTTP and a download scheduler. Say Orbit downloader. or Jdownloader (not sure if Jdownloader has scheduler.)

6. Post
    Yep, what are the HTTP speeds like? (assuming you're in the same boat)

7. Post
    sphericalcow wrote:
    My main problem was getting the files from the seedbox to me. I want to be able to queue it up to download between 2-8am every night. Couldn't find a decent ftp client with multi part downloads and a good scheduler

Any suggestions?
    http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/Mass_Downloader.htm

Used it for 10+ years.

8. Post
    Ill look into it, cheers. Although it could have been your handywork that was ****ing up my ftp speeds :P

9. Post
    Don't bother with SFTP. Copy-pasta your links from FTP to a downloader like IDM. Trust me, your speeds will go through the roof. It's also got a great scheduler.

10. Post
    sphericalcow wrote:
    Yep, what are the HTTP speeds like? (assuming you're in the same boat)
    It really depends on when you download and where your seedbox is situated to be honest. Mines in the states and right at the beggining of our free period I can DL from there at about 2MB/s dependant if Slingshot decides to throttle the trafic to shit all. Luck of the draw really mate.

11. Post
    sphericalcow wrote:
    Ill look into it, cheers. Although it could have been your handywork that was ****ing up my ftp speeds :P
    One of my first legal software purchases /tear (non-gaming wise)

But yeah that was probably me

FTP is one of the ones we crimped for sure[at the time .. nfi now however] ... I specifically remember looking at the overview graphs (found some the other day lol) and thinking ... "wtf is that grey color? ... Ohhhh ftp ..." /low priority.

I monitored that thing for many weeks every evening :P

Personally .. I would recommend HTTP or HTTPS (x10 streams/threads and low timeout/speed cut out [eg no flow]). Simply due to the sheer volume of traffic and fairly standard mantra of "Web/browsing is most important!!".... (which I argued was daft :P)

12. Post
    So i take it your one of slingshots techys?

13. Post
    Dairusire wrote:
    So i take it your one of slingshots techys?
    Nope, past tense
    ^BITES^ wrote:
    crimped for sure[at the time] .. nfi now however
    was extensively involved in this particular area

14. Post
    damn... Coulda hooked us up bro ^_^

15. Post
    ^BITES^ wrote:

is the top one villains for hire 0.1 ?
    witchblade
    wolverine
    x-men legacy

16. Post
    527367 wrote:
    is the top one villains for hire 0.1 ?
    witchblade
    wolverine
    x-men legacy
    Potentially ?? however they are backups of originals I left at my mates place......

(I order between 80-100 worth of comics per month, around 30ish depending on which ones cancel... I like to however fillout the "arcs" with the other items I can't keep track of due to my already substantial donation to "Stan Lee is awesome" club )

17. Post
    I've never used a seed box before as I don't download much. But I want to move my downloading to something more private as I'm currently using torrents from TPB. I don't care about speed or storage space, I just want something that's cheap. http://seed.st/ was the cheapest out of the names that you guys have been throwing around but if you know of any cheaper post here or send me a PM.

I have a few basic questions and assumptions:
    I assume that I just log on to their website and the ruTorrent client is web based. It's as easy to use as uTorrent and my downloads are put into a folder that I can access via HTTP/FTP.
    I then use IDM to download the files using HTTP/FTP links from the seedbox.
    Should I use more encryption than just HTTP/FTP? I have read about sFTP but don't know how this differs to FTP apart from I guess being more 'secure'.
    How does the private tracker allocate the uploads of my seedbox to my personal account with the tracker?

I will only be downloading about 10gb per month, so there will be plenty of bandwith to spare. If you guys have any good private communities, flick me a PM.

18. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    Don't bother with SFTP. Copy-pasta your links from FTP to a downloader like IDM. Trust me, your speeds will go through the roof. It's also got a great scheduler.
    Wow just gave IDM a try and I'm pulling to my PC @ 1.5-2MB/sec.

Love it.

19. Post
    Actually I'm finding the only way to pull whole folders from whatbox is to use FTP.

The UI doesn't allow HTTP downloading of folders :\

20. Post
    Same issue here.... really annoying when you've downloaded a file with oh in excess of 130 parts....

21. Post
    Go into flashfxp. Click on folder. Copy entire contents. Paste into notepad. And then import the doc into IDM. It's not worth the hassle with albums, but is definitely worth it with bigger files and series packs.

IDM also has browser integration where you can highlight the whole lot and then one click it.

22. Post
    Yeah I tried highlighting but when you go to download it brings it up as htm files to download so its trying to download the page rather than the files.

All good for albums I will just continue to use FTP and idm for other large files.

23. Post
    Pulley wrote:
    Yeah I tried highlighting but when you go to download it brings it up as htm files to download so its trying to download the page rather than the files.

All good for albums I will just continue to use FTP and idm for other large files.
    Go Manage > Info >
    Dir Listing: http://<username>.<servername>.whatbox.ca/

24. Post
    Open the actual folder and then highlight the contents.

25. Post
    So I've hooked up with a private tracker however when using whatbox, it downloads fine but doesn't upload like it would with pub trackers.

I was seeding like a bawse with publics but with my private it downloads like a bawse but it won't seed so it's raping my ratio.

Anyone have any ideas how to pump that up?