Page 5 of 21 First ... 234567815 ... Last
Results 101 to 125 of 506

  1. Post
    Pulley wrote:
    So I've hooked up with a private tracker however when using whatbox, it downloads fine but doesn't upload like it would with pub trackers.

    I was seeding like a bawse with publics but with my private it downloads like a bawse but it won't seed so it's raping my ratio.

    Anyone have any ideas how to pump that up?
    You don't seem to understand how a private tracker differs from a public tracker.

    The reason you will not be getting any upload on the private is simply because its not filled with complete retards just downloading everything. You are competing with possibly 500+ servers faster than you for a share of the upload.

    When you use a public tracker, you are competing with maybe two other people on some crap connection and the original upload or a shit server...

    There is a lot more to it, but this is the reason in the most basic form.
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

  2. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    You don't seem to understand how a private tracker differs from a public tracker.

    The reason you will not be getting any upload on the private is simply because its not filled with complete retards just downloading everything. You are competing with possibly 500+ servers faster than you for a share of the upload.

    When you use a public tracker, you are competing with maybe two other people on some crap connection and the original upload or a shit server...

    There is a lot more to it, but this is the reason in the most basic form.
    But my Seedbox is on a 100MB Up server. I know that is not the fastest out there but I thought it was pretty bad ass.

  3. Post
    Not really, for a seedbox 100Mbit connection is like a cheap broadband connection here in nZ.... the really bad ass connections are either Gigabit or more connections... with unlimited capacity etc etc.

  4. Post
    usenet

  5. Post
    technoguy wrote:
    usenet
    lolusenet.
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

  6. Post
    Sigh slingshot...

    To anyone else on slingshot(not ayce): What speeds do you get during offpeak hours?

    Currently I cannot even sustain a solid connection, really ****ing annoying.

  7. Post
    Dangelo wrote:
    Name: Whatbox
    Connection Speed: 100Mbps Upload / Download
    Support: 9/10
    GUI: rTorrent
    Speed of GUI: 8/10
    Package: Storage 115GB / Unmetered Traffic
    Price: USD$15/mth
    Overall rating: 8.5/10

    Pretty happy with these guys...not lightning fast but reliable and does what I need it to do. Really good support, allows SSH tunneling/proxy, supports FTP/sFTP, etc. Good for starting out I think.



    There is a little globe icon in the top left of ruTorrent which brings up a popup box, at the bottom is a field where you can just chuck in the URL of the torrent file. To get the URL, instead of downloading the torrent file, you can just right click the torrent file link and copy shortcut or link location then paste it into the aforementioned field and click add URL...it will show you a message in the log saying it was successfully passed to ruTorrent and then it will start.
    I'm on the same plan. Get 10mb/s when leeching, but the important part is that i get full bandwidth leeching from it to my home connection - this plan is hosted in luxemberg.

    As for queueing up torrents - best way is to have a Torrent Drop folder where you can copy and paste torrent files into a folder on the server and it will automatically start downloading them and put them in a folder, you can specify all these settings.
    Or just setup RSS feeds in your rutorrent

  8. Post
    sphericalcow wrote:
    Sigh slingshot...

    To anyone else on slingshot(not ayce): What speeds do you get during offpeak hours?

    Currently I cannot even sustain a solid connection, really ****ing annoying.
    Pretty sure something was broken last night. It was going at 120kB/s for a while, I guess it fixed itself sometime during the night. Downloaded 21GB total last night, previous nights getting 30GB or so.

  9. Post
    Pulley wrote:
    But my Seedbox is on a 100MB Up server. I know that is not the fastest out there but I thought it was pretty bad ass.
    Download some freeleech torrents and leave them running for a few days at least.

  10. Post
    fira wrote:
    Pretty sure something was broken last night. It was going at 120kB/s for a while, I guess it fixed itself sometime during the night. Downloaded 21GB total last night, previous nights getting 30GB or so.
    Damnit.... I ragequit my downloads last night lol

  11. Post
    Just trying seedroots out. Will report back.

  12. Post
    Pretty good so far. I think it's just one guy running it. Pretty good service though, and value for money:

  13. Post
    luch wrote:
    Download some freeleech torrents and leave them running for a few days at least.
    yeah bro that seems to be key.

    I just got heaps on my box and let them run, now my ratio is cranking.

  14. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    Pretty good so far. I think it's just one guy running it. Pretty good service though, and value for money:
    Nice, pretty thin margin assuming they are paying VAT (probably unlikely given the profit of only $7USD)

  15. Post
    I am only paying about $17.80NZ every 3 month or ($5.60 every month) for my seedbox which gives me 20GB of storage. It might not have large storage capacity compared to others, but it's perfectly suitable for my needs. I only download between 2am to 8am using ftp, but I use the proxy supplied by the seedbox for better speeds.

    Since the 28th last month I have already downloaded 199.18GB Free Off Peak.

    I can usually get about 6 to 7GB per night, but last night I was able download 11.2GB in 6hrs, but sometimes I was only able to download about 4GB using Slingshot.

  16. Post
    GL getting a decent ratio with private trackers.

  17. Post
    luch wrote:
    Download some freeleech torrents and leave them running for a few days at least.
    Only TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE trackers offer "freeleech".

    Outside seeding is a better way to bump ratios.
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

  18. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Only TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE trackers offer "freeleech".

    Outside seeding is a better way to bump ratios.
    What? My preferred music tracker offers freeleech on some torrents (rarely) and one of my best TV trackers is completely ratioless.

  19. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Only TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE trackers offer "freeleech".

    Outside seeding is a better way to bump ratios.
    Terrible logic. Some of the best trackers offer freeleech on certain featured downloads. Some of them only allow you to get to 1.0 and then don't count any more of your upload.

  20. Post
    What is the reason for offering freeleech?

    To help members boost ratios above the cut off limit?
    To "reward" members? Reward them for what exactly?
    To just be nice for the sake of it? To encourage members to stay and not go to better trackers?
    Simply because they feel its the only way they can compete for members?
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

  21. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Only TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE trackers offer "freeleech".
    Do you always talk out of your ass?

  22. Post
    Those are legitimate questions. The problem is that I can't answer that without going into detail and possibly breaking the rules. So I'll pm you instead.

  23. Post
    sphericalcow wrote:
    Do you always talk out of your ass?
    **** off nub.
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

  24. Post
    Cant say I have any issues with my TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE tracker.

  25. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Only TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE trackers offer "freeleech".

    Outside seeding is a better way to bump ratios.
    Being "friends" with "mods" on private tracker sites who allow you to leech as much as you want with minimum seeding is terrible too