1. Post
    Dairusire wrote:
    Just use Orbit, much simpler UI and saves your username and PW and you just simply click on the download for it to start downloading.
    Orbit looks great! But I'm on a Mac system right now, anything like that for the osx?

2. Post
    Folx works

3. Post
    Xquizit wrote:
    I want to know if there's an easier way to import the links to jdownloader for http download. I have to manually copy each link then type in the username and password for each of the files to download. I've tried to highlight and copy the urls from an ftp client but it doesn't work.
    Flashgot is great and works for basically every download manager, see pic:

4. Post
    Khann wrote:
    You hate private trackers? :reallife:

I wouldn't even bother torrenting without them.

Really?

Pray explain, how are private trackers sooo much better? (oh, and don't tell me their safer - you got an invite didn't you?)

5. Post
    Raziel wrote:
    Really?

Pray explain, how are private trackers sooo much better? (oh, and don't tell me their safer - you got an invite didn't you?)
    Most likely because if you upload crap, you get your account demoted from uploader - or get suspended (much like the scene).
    Additionally there is still a bit more control on safety, compared to public trackers - they need an account to connect to the swarm - it can't just get crawled randomly.
    Uploaders tend to upload more for the prestige, and bring with them bigger pipes as opposed to your every day person downloading and using their home connections to share.

Advantage I find for public trackers though is older/more obscure content, which you can't find on most private trackers - without making a request for a re upload, which usually has to be pulled from a topsite.

6. Post
    Raziel wrote:
    Really?

Files are always safe and of high quality.

Speeds are vastly superior due to an often large amount of seedboxes.

Depending on the tracker, there is usually a large amount of older and more obscure content (contrary to what Jarsky said above). Though as Jarsky said, you can usually request a reseed if what you want isn't still actively seeded. Depending (once again) on the tracker, these are usually filled quite quickly.

The communities are much, much better.

7. Post
    Khann wrote:
    Files are always safe and of high quality.

Speeds are vastly superior due to an often large amount of seedboxes.

Depending on the tracker, there is usually a large amount of older and more obscure content (contrary to what Jarsky said above). Though as Jarsky said, you can usually request a reseed if what you want isn't still actively seeded. Depending (once again) on the tracker, these are usually filled quite quickly.

The communities are much, much better.
    QFT.

You can get some really obscure stuff via private even without having to request, on the trackers I am on this kind of stuff in plentiful. Also the content is usually properly explained with web links to summary, screen captures and encoding info, there is no crap stuff.

Speeds are faster for me than public as well.

8. Post
    Hey GUys,

Am really wanting to start the seedbox buzz. Am just after what programs id need in order to start DLing stuff. Have only ever used uTorrent so pretty new to this kind of stuff.

9. Post
    It really depends what you want. If you want your own seedbox, then first you need to decided what the maximum you want to spend is.

This will allow you to decide what hardware and OS you will use.

Linux
    - Apache2 Web Server
    - rTorrent
    - ruTorrent (Web GUI)
    - proFTPd -> FTP Server (If you are with slingshot this is not the best way you'd want HTTP(S) downloading using Apache2)

Windows
    - uTorrent
    - IIS (HTTP(S) or FTP(S))

If you don't want the hassle then this thread has people offering seedboxes which are already setup or wanting to share their ones for a small price <- This includes me

I compile rTorrent from source code, there are lots of guides and scripts which do this entire setup for you on the internet.

Thats the basic setup, from there depending on which sites you have access to you can do more customisation, such as automatically downloading content etc etc

10. Post
    I've setup rTorrent and Deluge myself. Have yet to get rTorrent to play nice with CPU load and multiple users though Everyone sort of agreed that ruTorrent is much nicer to work with and plugins are better than Deluge.

11. Post
    Would be more than happy to pay a part of someones existing seedbox. Just really need to get my head around how it actually works;

12. Post
    ESas wrote:
    Would be more than happy to pay a part of someones existing seedbox. Just really need to get my head around how it actually works;
    Typical seedbox would be
    Depends on the seedbox provider, but usually you would upload torrents to the seedbox and the seedbox would download/upload the torrent based on whatever ratio settings you have set.

The content would sit on the seedbox (until you delete it), then you have download it from the seedbox to your home either using HTTP(S) or FTP(S).

The advantage of this is that you do not have to upload to maintain ratios on private trackers and the seedbox can bring down content faster, which you can download at a later date which doesn't ruin your ratio. Also it makes it harder to be tracked.

Depending on the seedbox provider, you can either have a entire machine and 100mbit or 1000gbit connection to yourselve (higher price) or you could have a slot on a machine, where you share the connection with other people (cheaper price but inconsistant speeds if everyone is doing a lot of traffic when you are).

My seedbox
    My seedbox uses a sharing/community type system, therefore everyone has their own private tracker account (they all use the same tracker but any private tracker is fine) and they can put whatever on the seedbox (up to 5TB of data). Everyone can see what is on the seedbox and download it using HTTPS/FTPS.

I use this model because it saves a lot of bandwidth because people tend to watch the same TV shows/Movies etc. We aren't into to make money just cover our costs therefore we can provide good/faster service at a good price point.

We have a lot of automation on the seedbox, a lot of content is automatically downloaded and automatically deleted.
    We have a site which allows you to add names of things you want and the seedbox will automatically pull the content down when it shows up (will not download anything from the past).

Though there are some restrictions with this model
    • The ratio that torrents will stop uploading at is 2:1.
    • You cannot delete things when you want, they are automatically deleted after 2 weeks if you dont tell the seedbox to keep the content for longer, maximum is 60 days then its removed automatically.
    • Your restricted to features we provide, you can make feature requests.
    • Your at the mercy of the administrators, say you put anything from say a public tracker, it will alert us and you will get banned no questions ask, share your login details with others, it gets audited at end of month you'll get a warning then banned if you do it again etc.

13. Post
    can anyone on seedroots max out their line? even when using IDM, it still won't let me max it out.
    unless its the isp itself

14. Post
    If you're keen on a dedi, Pulsed Media are Kimsufi resellers. Their prices are great, and their service is as well.

15. Post
    My connection is slow today. But it's usually maxed out.

16. Post
    You can also ask them to install http or https Liger.

17. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    You can also ask them to install http or https Liger.
    Ahhh sweet been doing multipart ftp but it was slow as too. Will ask them later on

18. Post
    Kimsufi is based in UK?
    Is that correct?
    Was on a Kimsufi box and the reseller got a cease and desist order from the UK feds.
    Box shut down the next day.

19. Post
    Pretty sure my Kimsufi box is in France. When I proxy through it and go to Google, I get sent to Google.fr

20. Post
    Kimsufi are hosted in OVH France aren't they?

21. Post
    bzE wrote:
    Kimsufi are hosted in OVH France aren't they?
    Yup.
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

22. Post
    Des Flurane wrote:
    Kimsufi is based in UK?
    Is that correct?
    Was on a Kimsufi box and the reseller got a cease and desist order from the UK feds.
    Box shut down the next day.
    Which box was that?

23. Post
    Affordable Seedboxes iirc.
    Guy got a phonecall about the use of his seedbox.

24. Post
    seedroots still good?

25. Post
    Yep.