1. Post
    Looking nice, Xev

2. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Okay, so I'm running the latest version with every INI tweak I could find and the following mods:

Official HD Texture Pack
    Detailed Faces v2
    Enhanced Distant Terrain
    Enhanced Blood Textures
    Enhanced Night Skyrim
    HD Furniture and Barrels
    HD Textures DLC Fix
    High Quality Eyes
    Landscape Texture Pack 2048
    No more Blocky Faces
    Realistic Water Textures & Terrain
    Skyrim Flora Overhaul
    Skyrim HD - 2k Textures
    Skyrim Sunglare V3
    SkyUI
    SKSE
    FXAA Post Process Injector

Screenshots:
    http://i.imgur.com/EHTN5.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/2WbSg.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/rzoHa.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/UpoA4.jpg

Anything good I've missed? I tried realistic lighting, but the game was impossible to navigate at night, even with a torch. Furthermore, are there INI tweaks I've missed to enhance distant tree rendering and increase foliage density? Cheers
    I pretty much had all those and removed them...the HD DLC is actually really good. Some people prefer the exaggerated textures from mods though i guess.

Real lighting just makes night times more interesting, and the dungeons more spooky.

I kept lighting mods, foliage mods, distant trees, and enhanced clouds...as well as this new .ini mod:

KatuMod

3. Post
    Just found a whole bunch more. Oh joy, my graphics card won't be pleased

Edit: GOOD LORD.

4. Post
    Just came across this mod. It improves all the (or it will since it's a WIP) meshes of the game but upping the poly count and getting rid of those ugly seams that some models have.

There's also 'Sounds of Skyrim' which adds some amazing immersion.

5. Post
    So I'm still having fun with Skyrim thought I'd post with the mods I'm currently using. I'm amazed at how pretty the game can be with a bit of fiddling

I'm currently running these mods

Official HD Texture Pack
    Detailed Faces v2 - Detailed_Faces-2_00
    Dovahkiin Hideout - DovahkiinsHideout0_8
    Enhanced Blood Textures
    High Quality Eyes - High_Quality_Eyes-1_20
    Lush Grass - Lush Grass 1-3
    Lush Trees - Lush Trees 1-3
    No More Blocky Faces - No_More_Blocky_Faces-1_50
    Realistic Water Textures and Terrain
    Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - Skyrim HD v1_5 FULL - Dungeons
    Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - Skyrim HD v1_5 FULL - Landscape
    Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - Skyrim HD v1_5 FULL - Misc
    Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - Skyrim HD v1_5 FULL - Towns
    SkyUI
    Realistic Colors and Real NIghts 2.1 HDR Edition (RCRN)

And here is how my game looks apologies for the image rape but smaller res and less pictures don't really convey things as well

6. Post
    Mek7 wrote:
    Detailed Faces v2 - Detailed_Faces-2_00
    High Quality Eyes - High_Quality_Eyes-1_20
    No More Blocky Faces - No_More_Blocky_Faces-1_50
    These three were folded into a greater compilation mod by their author, XCE.
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2356

7. Post
    Mek7 wrote:
    So I'm still having fun with Skyrim thought I'd post with the mods I'm currently using. I'm amazed at how pretty the game can be with a bit of fiddling
    aaaaaaaaaaaand now I want to do another play-through of Skyrim.

8. Post
    The best skyrim mod has been found!

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    The best skyrim mod has been found!

LOL holy shit. Downloading.

Edit: Wtf not released. Ffuu

10. Post
    It is not finished I think.

11. Post
    BOSS v2.0.0 was released today. I'm happy to report that it works once again, v1.9.1 stopped re-ordering my plugins (ESPs) a few weeks ago.

BOSS

A "one-click" program for users that quickly optimises and avoids detrimental conflicts in their TES IV: Oblivion, Nehrim - At Fate's Edge, TES V: Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas mod load orders.

BOSS will re-order your mods to their correct positions, putting any mods it doesn't recognise after them, in the same order as they were before BOSS was run.

BOSS is designed to assist in the usage of mods, helping mod users avoid serious conflicts. It is not a complete solution to load ordering issues, as there are far more mods out there than BOSS knows about. To properly place mods BOSS doesn't know about, a good working knowledge of mod load ordering for Skyrim is still necessary, for which some research and documentation reading will go a long way.
    I have no idea why NMM doesn't BOSS' plugin one-click re-ordering feature, it already uses the BOSS masterlist but it doesn't seem to do anything with it.

12. Post
    With the official hi-res update and all the other hi-res overhauls, are the trees and grass still 2d? cause I get no noticeable change with the hi-res or with 'Vurts Skyrim Flora Overhaul'.

13. Post
    Categorized Favorites Menu
    This mod is brilliant, a perfect compliment to SkyUI.

14. Post
    Finally got Skyrim. What would you consider "essential" (using the term loosely) mods for a new player?

I've got SkyUI so far.
    Eagle32

15. Post
    Craftable Invisible Helmets

As the the title says. I use it for both my companion and PC (the latter because of the 3rd person killcams). Fully compatible with the Matching Set perks from the armour skill trees.

16. Post
    Eagle32 wrote:
    Finally got Skyrim. What would you consider "essential" (using the term loosely) mods for a new player?

I've got SkyUI so far.
    the HD pack is good & it keeps the look true to vanilla.

not long ago the "Unofficial Skyrim Patch" came out & its really the first thing you should get.

Realistic Lighting with Customization is well reccommended by those that use it. its great at giving you a game with some real brightness & darkness.

W.A.T.E.R also updates the entire look nicely

ive always used :

No More Blocky Faces
    Weapons and Armour Fixes
    Complete Crafting Overhaul
    Smithing Perks Overhaul
    Better Sorting
    Static Mesh Improvement Mod
    Smelters for Riften and Solitude
    World Map - Skyrim Hold Borders

Breezehome Enchanting Table. is also handy, but im not a fan of those house mods that completely kit out everything.

Peaceful Mudcrabs & MZ Peaceful Slaughterfish. i dont like having to deal with every single crab, or the slaughterfish.

SKREEE - Less Frequent Dragons. i also dont like dealing to Dragons as frequently as the vanilla puts them out.

Perks Unbound. also opens up the game a little for the person just doing one play-thru.
    At least 300 on the motorway booool

17. Post
    So yeah, been out of gaming for months now. Want to get back into Skyrim with a fresh install, or at least removing all mods, and starting with a clean ini.

Any advice on how best to achieve this? And, what are the must have mods at present?

18. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    So yeah, been out of gaming for months now. Want to get back into Skyrim with a fresh install, or at least removing all mods, and starting with a clean ini.

Any advice on how best to achieve this? And, what are the must have mods at present?
    Go to STEP - Skyrim Total Enhancement Project by TheCompiler
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11
    The project has a PDF guide to the recommended mods

They even have a website for newer mods.
    However, STEP doesnt give you a list of non-lore mods - those mods that add new items to the game: characters ; quests armo(u)r; hairstyles; body mods.....

19. Post
    soberkay wrote:
    Go to STEP - Skyrim Total Enhancement Project by TheCompiler
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11
    The project has a PDF guide to the recommended mods

They even have a website for newer mods.
    However, STEP doesnt give you a list of non-lore mods - those mods that add new items to the game: characters ; quests armo(u)r; hairstyles; body mods.....
    Fark me! There are a sheet load of mods to download for STEP. I spent about 3 hours the other day downloading and installing the first section of graphical mods. Will have another crack at the next section on the weekend.

20. Post
    Personally I love STEP - it takes much of the work out of finding good mods. I go through the list and add the ones I feel will suit my style and then I add a few extras at the end to expand the game a bit further, time consuming, but relatively easy.

21. Post
    Cheers for the STEP link, spent a couple of hours setting it all up for a second play through that will lead onto Dawnguard

22. Post

23. Post
    Best mod ever

24. Post
    dem sexy gravens

25. Post
    Sweet lordy at the package of mods that this guy runs... look at these screenshots

The game is in any case unplayable like this, he runs a GTX670 and gets 4-8 FPS with these graphics.

Find out more here: http://www.asot.es/2001/09/skyrim-mods.html