Page 8 of 17 First ... 567891011 ... Last

1. Post
    brentmeistergen wrote:
    I could be wrong as I don't play a lot of rush but can't you just stand next to the mcom and snipe people to get the ribbon? Or was that bc2... not looking forward to finding out all the guns I used to use are now terribad
    you only get points by killing a guy while he is planting.

you have to do that 4 times.

either by camping in a spot right next to the bomb, or c4ing it and waiting for the plant sound. (or sniping/mortaring a guy planting i guess, but thats more a flukte that youre looking at it)

2. Post
    how good is the cover perk at negating suppression?

3. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    I like it tbh. Being shot at should make it hard to shoot back.
    Not to the point where it makes your gun completely useless. Sure, suppression should have some effect, like how it was if you were suppressed it would make ur gun mostly useless and you would have to take cover. Now you get suppressed from 2 bullets fired at you and it makes your gun pretty much unusable...

You can suppress people with 1 .44 magnum bullet that is about 1m away from them - dice have taken it too far imo

4. Post
    Have they increased the suppression time to get the same amount of points I wonder...?

5. Post
    I hear a lot of talk about tanks being really weak now. Is this true? I thought tanks were well balanced pre-patch - they were a big threat, but not over-powering. From what I'm reading they sound as weak as a wet blanket - but I'm guessing people are exaggerating..

6. Post
    Lol its almost like we're all noobs again

7. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    I hear a lot of talk about tanks being really weak now. Is this true? I thought tanks were well balanced pre-patch - they were a big threat, but not over-powering. From what I'm reading they sound as weak as a wet blanket - but I'm guessing people are exaggerating..
    They aren't. Javs can render your tank useless in 1 hit, same with other tanks. 2 shots from Tanks and RPGs will render it useless if not dead. Repair tool is very slow now too, so one your tank is under 25% you should probably run.

8. Post
    I thought suppression was about right before the patch...

9. Post
    CMKMStephens wrote:
    They aren't. Javs can render your tank useless in 1 hit, same with other tanks. 2 shots from Tanks and RPGs will render it useless if not dead. Repair tool is very slow now too, so one your tank is under 25% you should probably run.
    Fvck sake. That really sucks. Weak tanks really grind my gears - it's a fvcking tank for pete's sake. Tank and weak are two words that shouldn't go together.

10. Post
    It's good if it makes tanks advance slowly with infantry cover.

I've had lots of good times as a lone ranger tank - if your team has air supremacy you'll get dozens of kills charging behind enemy lines. It was fun but didn't seem well balanced and definitely discouraged team work
    lumpy custard

11. Post
    The IFV's main cannon and AFDSDSSAfdsdsa thing do less damage/tanks do more to them now. Unless you sneak up on a tank and let rip, it's generally a bad idea.

12. Post
    Tanks are definitely a lot more fragile - I would probably say too fragile slightly. I've been told they are relatively similar now to what they were in BF2, which is fine, but I think that if you are going to make them so that they can be taken down to below 50% in 1 hit then you should remove disable altogether to give them a reasonable chance of escaping.

Repair tool is incredibly slow now also, which is a huge tank weakness.

13. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Fvck sake. That really sucks. Weak tanks really grind my gears - it's a fvcking tank for pete's sake. Tank and weak are two words that shouldn't go together.
    1 Jav can render a tank scrap metal irl, just sayin'

14. Post
    Furyan wrote:
    ಠ_ಠ

So can an RPG, 1 mine, etc etc etc. Bullets hurt people too

15. Post
    Exactly. Tanks back in the day were hell on wheels Ive read, these days you'd have to be a total madhat to be a tankie in the middle of an well armed fast moving infantry enemy.

16. Post
    Furyan wrote:
    Well, no offense, but don't just say I mean it's a game - meant for fun - and I don't think weak tanks are fun for anyone. I just like it when vehicles have a real ominous presence about them - even if I'm on the receiving end. When an enemy tank roles in I actually think "oh shit!". Now, by the sounds of it, I'll just be like "meh, two RPG's will take care of that nuisance".

17. Post
    Furyan wrote:
    Exactly. Tanks back in the day were hell on wheels Ive read, these days you'd have to be a total madhat to be a tankie in the middle of an well armed fast moving infantry enemy.
    True, but irl don't they tend to barrage targets from range? I don't think real-life tank tactics suit the fast pace style of BF3 so it's not really comparable.

18. Post
    jezR wrote:
    Not to the point where it makes your gun completely useless. Sure, suppression should have some effect, like how it was if you were suppressed it would make ur gun mostly useless and you would have to take cover. Now you get suppressed from 2 bullets fired at you and it makes your gun pretty much unusable...

You can suppress people with 1 .44 magnum bullet that is about 1m away from them - dice have taken it too far imo
    That was my initial impression too, I can't see anything more frustrating than lining up a shot and having your bullets fly off wildy in all directions practically everytime you're in a fire-fight.

19. Post
    jezR wrote:
    Tanks are definitely a lot more fragile - I would probably say too fragile slightly. I've been told they are relatively similar now to what they were in BF2, which is fine, but I think that if you are going to make them so that they can be taken down to below 50% in 1 hit then you should remove disable altogether to give them a reasonable chance of escaping.

Repair tool is incredibly slow now also, which is a huge tank weakness.
    But back then tanks had instagib splash damage + if I remember correctly (and I might be mixing up 42/BFV because it's been that long) you could RMB the co-ax which was more brutal than the current ones.

Edward Diego wrote:
    I like it tbh. Being shot at should make it hard to shoot back.
    Yeah I don't know about that mechanic tbh, an FPS is generally supposed to be a skill based game, and in a way this just rewards people for missing their target.

20. Post
    werewolves? wrote:
    Yeah I don't know about that mechanic tbh, an FPS is generally supposed to be a skill based game, and in a way this just rewards people for missing their target.
    Agree with this. I don't have such a big prob with the screen going a little blurry or something but increased spread is just stupid.

21. Post
    Supression sounds stupid.
    I'm kinda scared to play with all of these changes

22. Post
    For anyone who bought the Russian version of bf3 and gets a black screen or similar energy bar thing when starting game, they need the latest English localization files.

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/battlefiel...ang.html#patch

23. Post
    my abakan is aba-broke-an =(

24. Post
    The suppression makes it very difficult to attack a choke point..and if multiple people are advancing on you all you can do is run away or die.

25. Post
    Why can't they patch and fix known imbalances and broken things without stuffing up things that weren't broken to begin with?
    Tanks WERE about right - not too easy to kill and not to much of a hell on wheels death wagon.
    Silk will probably have to stop being a tank whore now... or play a LOT more cautiously.