Page 1 of 9 1234 ... Last

1. Post
    [unsurprising news forums]

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218767p1.html
    We all knew that there was going to be another annual AC sequel this year (it is Ubi's CoD/Madden after all), but Ubisoft have confirmed that it is indeed AC3. They had better bring significantly noticeable gameplay formula changes/additions to the table, since this is a numbered sequel and not another short dev cycle glorified expand-alone.

2. Post
    Don't really need to change up gameplay formula, as it's awesome. Some new (awesome) additions on top of what they have done, would be tops

3. Post
    The new COD RIP Assassins Creed, hello Assassins Greed.

4. Post
    The GF is going to jizz a waterfall.

5. Post
    DeathbatDrummer wrote:
    Don't really need to change up gameplay formula, as it's awesome. Some new (awesome) additions on top of what they have done, would be tops
    I might agree with you if they hadn't over-saturated the market with Brotherhood and Revelations. It is definitely starting to become as stale as CoD.

6. Post
    Rii wrote:
    The GF is going to jizz a waterfall.

Don't go chasing waterfalls, please stick the the rivers and the lakes that you're used to

7. Post
    1st was boring as ****

8. Post
    popopop wrote:
    1st was boring as ****
    Agreed, first one was, other ones have been alot better.

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I might agree with you if they hadn't over-saturated the market with Brotherhood and Revelations. It is definitely starting to become as stale as CoD.
    Yeah have to agree with this tbh. Brotherhood was pushing it, revelations... :/

Although, I did enjoy both games (Brotherhood was better IMO though)

and also agree with the others, 1st one was boring.

10. Post
    popopop wrote:
    1st was boring as ****
    Thanks Captain Obvious. The 2nd was awesome though

11. Post
    Still haven't finished Revelations... :/

12. Post
    Supposed leaked artwork suggests a colonial American setting and/or set during the American Revolution. Interesting.
    http://kotaku.com/5889489/is-this-th...sins-creed-iii

Attached Images

13. Post
    Fake?

I mean how does AC work in this setting? There are no large settlements, so no buildings to scale... seems a bit off to me.

14. Post
    Ok so not fake at all

Ubisoft has confirmed they will announce all the details of Assassin's Creed III on Monday March 5th at 5pm

15. Post
    **** that'll be a change. Looking forward to it All the others were too similar for me..

16. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    Fake?

I mean how does AC work in this setting? There are no large settlements, so no buildings to scale... seems a bit off to me.
    Great, might be challenging themselves to "revitalise" the game formula by setting constraints.

On the other they might be taking the game slightly away from parkour and tactical planning and more towards all out action.

17. Post
    Rungus wrote:
    **** that'll be a change. Looking forward to it All the others were too similar for me..
    This

18. Post
    Apparently a separate dev team to the Brotherhood/Revelations team has been working on this for a few years. Has the potential to be really cool.

19. Post
    Wow, finally a different setting. Good stuff. The series has so much potential to show different settings and points of time and yet they spend three games doing the same thing. Hopefully they go easy on the "America **** Yeah" stuff though.

20. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Great, might be challenging themselves to "revitalise" the game formula by setting constraints.

On the other they might be taking the game slightly away from parkour and tactical planning and more towards all out action.
    Maybe it'll make a shift in the online community, discouraging the idiot roof runners.

21. Post
    I imagine plotwise they'll cover the Freemason-heavy founding fathers.

22. Post
    I wonder if that battle in the background of the PC cover is meant to imply the style of events in the game, or just hint at the source of conflict.

Because it would be ****ing rad if there were more medium-large scale battles, and your job was to infiltrate enemy ranks in order to assassinate generals and key figures in the middle of fights.

Just can't really see the existing parkour style being applied to colonial North America.

23. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    Fake?

I imagine New York City, Boston, Philly etc were decent sized settlements.

24. Post
    Finally a change of setting! Did not play Brotherhood or Revelations as the game felt so stale.

25. Post
    First one was cool, but got boring kinda fast.
    Played all the way through 2 & enjoyed it.
    Brotherhood, I played about halfway through then got really bored and never played it again.
    Haven't touched revelations yet.

Would hope this new would be be, as everyone is saying, a bit different & not just a rehash.

I hope they make the combat more difficult.. makes the game hard to enjoy when you can plow through pretty much any amount of guards with any decent weapon.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... Last