Page 1 of 11 1234 ... Last

1. Post

So the new $75 TelstraClear plan...

It seems to include phone + internet 40GB for $75/month, which seems a great deal. Any catch that I can't see? Otherwise I am considering changing over. They are a good ISP aren't they?

2. Post
    12 month contract but you do get 2 months free. call waiting times to get to customer service is horrible but network performance is good.

3. Post
    Looking at this also for the new flat. Is it free installation?

4. Post
    yep.

5. Post
    My sister got this, came with a free Netcomm modem as well. Wireless modem has 4 network ports + a USB port on the back. Not sure of the model but it is a pretty good deal overall.

6. Post
    Does it include a phone? Looking at getting this, when does it expire?

7. Post
    I'm using a TCL internet connection atm. I left them close to exactly a year ago, and their DNS server still sucks. Added google as the secondary DNS and now everything is fine again.
    Other than that, can still max out the line rate.

8. Post
    yep includes phone line with 40gb a month.
    Considering signing up to it, 2 months free and 12 month contract aint that bad.

9. Post
    Is there an expiry on this deal? How is their gaming performance? Any QoS'ing bashing gaming speeds like some other ISPs *cough*xtra*cough* or frequent outages *cough*xnet*cough*?

I'm stuck with Snap until June, but if theres a cheaper deal out there I'll schedule a change. Currently paying $80 for 30GB/mo on naked DSL.

10. Post
    Can anyone share some light on their ADSL?

Signed up with this dela today but unfortunately our complex doesn't get cable so we have to get ADSL, which I havent heard a lot about. We did get 3 months free however.

11. Post
    Oh this thread is about cable? Darn.

Cable line runs part my apartment complex, but telstraclear told me the owners declined having the place wired up back in the 90s, and even though someone else owns it now, they refuse to try again

12. Post
    teelo2 wrote:
    Oh this thread is about cable? Darn.

Cable line runs part my apartment complex, but telstraclear told me the owners declined having the place wired up back in the 90s, and even though someone else owns it now, they refuse to try again
    Wait, I thought the deal is for ADSL?

13. Post
    We signed up for this, its 50 dollars cheaper for pretty much the same thing with snap
    Winner: Ass Clown Award 2002!!! NEWS FLASH 2003 clown as well!!!

14. Post
    Had to check the website, looks like its ADSL not cable

15. Post
    Decado wrote:
    its ADSL not cable
    this.

Mate is on it, pretty good (but still could be cheaper ya bastards!)

16. Post
    Its for Cable and DSL. My mate got cable with this deal, we could only get DSL due to our apartment not allowing it or some shit.

17. Post
    Decado wrote:
    Had to check the website, looks like its ADSL not cable
    Oh cool. Too bad I'm locked with snap for a while

18. Post
    Hope the performance is good.

19. Post
    souLarimus wrote:
    Hope the performance is good.
    Winner: Ass Clown Award 2002!!! NEWS FLASH 2003 clown as well!!!

20. Post
    Every ISP has their problems. My speeds are mostly decent and my in-game latency has been good as well. They have had a couple annoying outages in the last few months that downed web traffic or made games unplayable, but these were fixed within a few hours to a few days.

21. Post
    Can you buy additional data?

22. Post
    Yes. the charges depend on the plan, but I think if you're on 40GB overuse wil be charged at $2/1GB. 60GB + plans are charged at $1/1GB. Check their site to be sure though.

23. Post
    This deal is especially good for non metro areas (outside of WLG, CCH, AKL) where you'll pay an extra $10 more if you were with Telecom compared to those in those metro areas.

The $5 additional non metro charge outside of AKL, WLG, CCH has been reduced, so for a typical 40GB user it's around $35-45 a month saving for some people.

TelstraClear International performance has always been sweet for me (disclaimer, I work for them!), but just make sure you request to have interleaving turned off.

24. Post
    I just received a PDF from TelstraClear.

It says I requested the service to be installed on Friday 9th, which I never asked for? I first called up on the 1st March signing up for this plan and he said it was would online within 2-4 days.

also a line connection fee of $79.95? Broadband connection fee of $99.00? I was told when signing up it was all free with the plan? Mentions nothing about my first 3 months being free (I got a extra month due to using own modem).

Did anyone else get this PDF?

25. Post
    By PDF you mean a posted letter?

It's confirming the type of install you're receiving, the letter may also state that credits may apply to those charges, typically you will always receive a $99 broadband connection credit on your first bill, it is stated in the letter for instances where people may take a no term contract.

Regarding the date, that may be the earliest available date generated for a Chorus booking.

If you were reassigning from another provider and moving onto TelstraClear UCLL, it is still technically a new connection, hence the listed types of fees, however those charges are waived.

Anyway, I agree it can be confusing, if you have any issues with it, flick me your account number via DM and and I'll try to explain it better by checking out your account and the dispatched letters.