1. Post
    Sorry, an email containing a PDF.

Think il wait till the first bill and go from there.

2. Post

Moved to this plan a week or so ago, no complaints here

Thanks again to Simcore for the awesome service 10ms to on3network bf3 servers is ****ing badass dude

3. Post
    I signed up but I'm worried I might get stung by Orcon for the 30 days cancellation notice... at least the first 2 months are free

4. Post
    I got the first 3 months free for providing my own router Well so the dude told me..lets hope so

5. Post
    Where does it say free install?

6. Post
    Seems as though simcore is saying it's free here:

simcore wrote:
    It's confirming the type of install you're receiving, the letter may also state that credits may apply to those charges, typically you will always receive a $99 broadband connection credit on your first bill, it is stated in the letter for instances where people may take a no term contract.
    I'm also interested in this deal. Looking forward to hearing more feedback from people who have switched over.

7. Post
    Same here. Offer ends end of April so there's a bit of time.

Does Slingshot's $60/Unlimited plan include homeline rental?

8. Post
    PredoTaurus wrote:
    Same here. Offer ends end of April so there's a bit of time.

Does Slingshot's $60/Unlimited plan include homeline rental?
    hahaha no, they'd make no money that way, however you can get naked i think for $90, or with dedicated for $120 or something like that.

9. Post
    Pity extra data is so expensive ><

Pity there is not a upgraded version of this

And pity telsraclear has stupid and retarded plans that make no sense.. eg get this the normal way

$105.88* per month for LightSpeed 40GB..

And extra data at $3 per GB.. what the ****.. is this 2003 or something :S

Talk to your supers simcore... because those plans make no sense..

Would join this plan in a heartbeat thou if you could buy packs to add data

10. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Where does it say free install?
    A standard reassignment (changing from one provider to TelstraClear is free), if you need a phone line installed to receive broadband, then you will have to pay $80 for the line connection.

Whether we do any deals or waive that connection charge for someone with naked broadband moving to TelstraClear Line & Broadband, I'm unsure, worth asking though

11. Post
    Mox wrote:
    Talk to your supers simcore... because those plans make no sense..

Would join this plan in a heartbeat thou if you could buy packs to add data
    I agree, it isn't ideal for everyone.

For those on a 60GB or above (60, 100, 150GB) the extra blocks are $2 per 2GB instead of $2 per 1GB (as on the 40GB free pack).

It's a trade off! I'll pass your feedback on though

12. Post
    Basically I am saying that the lightspeed plans are useless and should be changed..

This plan = $75 for 40GB
    Light speed = $106 for 40GB

The $75 plan would be nice if there "addon packs" for data .. would take it in a heartbeat.. + the 2 months free are great for people like who are in a contract (orcon) and want to break it and pay the fee (Which would be the same as the 2 months free )

Also.. not exactly new to telstraclear.. we were even on kiwicable/saturn when we lived in kapiti

13. Post
    ^ What are you on about... the $75 deal mentioned in the OP is for ADSL only... (if you're in a cable-connectable area then you are not eligible for this deal as they don't do ADSL in cable areas).

14. Post
    ^Are you sure? When I signed up for this deal I was able to get cable but due to our apartment building I had to go with DSL as it didn't have the wiring.

15. Post
    LOL.. that is even more retarded then TelstraClear... can you pass that on to simcore..

You are offering a far better deal on a 3rd party wholesale network than on your own network.. wtf

16. Post
    TelstraClear's core asset is their nationwide "Next IP" backbone network which they have raised awareness of in the past 2 years through TV and print advertising. So in terms of residential services, it doesn't matter whether you're a customer on Cable, local loop unbundled DSL which they've rolled out in 62 exchanges throughout the country (based on Chorus UCLL), resold DSL (based on Chorus UBA) or in the years to come fibre-to-the-home (UFB), traffic from all of these access platforms will be carried over a common nationwide backbone which they've built and run themselves giving them the ability to offer superior broadband performance.
    http://jointhejourney.co.nz/network.cfm

17. Post
    Like that the backbone fibre they jointly owned with Kordia, that Kordia had to take them to court about in order to get Telstraclear to let them light up more capacity.

18. Post
    simcore wrote:
    I agree, it isn't ideal for everyone.

For those on a 60GB or above (60, 100, 150GB) the extra blocks are $2 per 2GB instead of $2 per 1GB (as on the 40GB free pack).

It's a trade off! I'll pass your feedback on though

Im with telstra cable at the moment, does interleaving apply to the cable services? or just DSL?

19. Post
    Interleaving doesn't apply to cable/DOCSIS, just ADSL

20. Post
    ^ Is it worth getting interleaving turned off if you dont game?

21. Post
    Been 12 days since our flat signed up to this plan and still not connected after being told we would be connected on Friday and then Monday after calling them on Friday afternoon. Today I get this..

'just checked and its bad news. courteney place exchange is full an has no capacity yet. meaning your now on the port waiter list for voice and dsl. sorry ... this means no provider will be able to connect until a port becomes free.'

22. Post
    simcore wrote:
    Interleaving doesn't apply to cable/DOCSIS, just ADSL
    ah cheers man

23. Post
    dupl3x wrote:
    Looking at this also for the new flat. Is it free installation?
    dupl3x wrote:
    Been 12 days since our flat signed up to this plan and still not connected after being told we would be connected on Friday and then Monday after calling them on Friday afternoon. Today I get this..

'just checked and its bad news. courteney place exchange is full an has no capacity yet. meaning your now on the port waiter list for voice and dsl. sorry ... this means no provider will be able to connect until a port becomes free.'

Gutted, guess it's time for a new flat already, wireless probably isn't an option for a flat setup and neither is going without internet...

maybe you can reach a 'free hotspot' or pay the neighbors for some wireless access.

24. Post
    dupl3x wrote:
    ^ Is it worth getting interleaving turned off if you dont game?
    Not really, interleaving will reduce latency significantly by sending less packets when data is requested. This has little to no effect, at least any noticeable effect with web browsing or download speeds.

25. Post
    Sweet cheers. Mates on the same street as us signed up with Vodafone 3 days after we did and are already connected