Page 5 of 11 First ... 2345678 ... Last

1. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Currently on Telstraclear cable, and have been for years. (no issues with service) But this new special has pricked my ears up as I currently pay the ~$109/month for 40GB cable. $35/month less for the same data would be nice. Shopping around other ISP's atm

Depending on ISP can get up to 6 times as much data for the same $$$. I guess I should have looked sooner.
    In November last year we signed up to that exact cable plan for $75 a month with no contract.

Have move placed since and could only get DSL. Took around 27 days for Telstra to set it up which ****ing sucked, speeds are nothing special too.

2. Post
    So when this 12-month period is up, what happens then? Does the 40GB slip back down or does the $75 go up?

3. Post
    PredoTaurus wrote:
    So when this 12-month period is up, what happens then? Does the 40GB slip back down or does the $75 go up?
    If that happens you leave to something better? :P
    Winner: Ass Clown Award 2002!!! NEWS FLASH 2003 clown as well!!!

4. Post
    Just moved house and called up Telstra today to sort out internet, the lady said that the $75 deal is now available in cable areas
    No installation fee either.
    Now I just have to wait 10 awfully long days for the technician to get his ass around to installing it.

5. Post
    Install times in Wellington (and maybe Christchurch) are pretty lengthy at the moment.

Interested in hearing how you get on Buytuh

6. Post
    hey guys, after some help with switching over.

My 12 month contract with Orcon finishes at the end of April, once that's up I want to change over to Telstra. Should I give Orcon 30 days notice now and ask Telstra to connect me at the end of this month or should I just wait until the end of the month and let Telstra handle the switch over?

7. Post
    What happens with current telstraclear customers who want to change to this? We would all love a coupe months free ... Im paying around 100-110 $ if i was to use 40GB a month :/ ( ADSL )

8. Post
    If anyone is after an indication of install times, I signed up for this on the 23rd and got an email saying it was connected today, I can't actually verify this because it's been years since I had ADSL so don't have a router lying around anymore but I would assume they aren't making things up. I'm in Dunedin.

What's the story with interleaving, can I just email support and get it turned off? The email I got said it was on.

9. Post
    Moving flat, no cable it cuts off at the bottom of the road, is adsl2 okay for gaming simcore or will the network throttle like dog poo and will I get dial up speeds during peak hours? ;o

10. Post
    Is it possible to change to better overage/datablocks? its getting to be too much cost.
    Winner: Ass Clown Award 2002!!! NEWS FLASH 2003 clown as well!!!

11. Post
    @p00pty, give the notice now and then schedule your connection date with TelstraClear to be 30 days after that notice was given. (recommend calling 2 weeks prior to connection to make sure your credit approved and everything is sitting there scheduled and ready to move.)

@Jasee, if you're an existing TelstraClear customer you are eligible to call and request to receive the 40GB free for 12 months if you are out of contract.

@Melchiah, PM me your account number (or phone number) and I'll request interleaving off, if you're WSA it may take up to 48 hours, if you're UCLL it can occur same day.

@Soulrolll, I'm on ADSL2+ and it's great, latency is especially good for most ADSL2+ users in Wellington/Christchurch - only thing that would cause throttling would be if you were on a WSA exchange or Cabinet and there was congestion, there is no other network throttling applied by TelstraClear. UCLL connections have lower contention ratios (more bandwidth per user).

@Sea Monkey, you can change usage packs but you wouldn't receive a portion of that for free like you do currently with the 40GB block. I'd recommend calling and explaining your need for more usage so that it can be addressed.

Sorry for replying to you all in one post.

12. Post
    ^ UCLL connections have lower contention ratios [...]

13. Post
    Wonder if TCL will setup with telecoms new data prices

14. Post
    Whoops, how did I get that around the wrong way -_o

Thanks tehyitz

15. Post
    simcore wrote:
    @p00pty, give the notice now and then schedule your connection date with TelstraClear to be 30 days after that notice was given. (recommend calling 2 weeks prior to connection to make sure your credit approved and everything is sitting there scheduled and ready to move.
    Thanks for the tip. It turns out that I don't need to give notice because I'm on a 12 month term, just told them I will be cancelling and they are going to disconnect at the end of my contract on April 22nd.

My only issue now is if Telstra doesnt connect me before then. I went through all the sign up stuff yesterday and the guy said it could take up to 14 working days?

16. Post
    my mum changed over and it got all sorted in about a week

17. Post
    Seems like a good deal and will be moving to this from naked telstra cable, just pretty lame it's $2 per extra gigabyte :/ 60 - 100 gb is the sweet spot and that will start to mount up a small fortune, cheers simcore.

18. Post
    Just noticed there is a Saturn box outside our door and the two neighbouring flats as well, there also seems to be cable already wired up in the house :/ any reason why they would be saying this house can't get cable and only adsl2? it's pretty close to the firbe just down the street according to the Chorus map and the box is there?

19. Post
    p00pty wrote:
    Thanks for the tip. It turns out that I don't need to give notice because I'm on a 12 month term, just told them I will be cancelling and they are going to disconnect at the end of my contract on April 22nd.

My only issue now is if Telstra doesnt connect me before then. I went through all the sign up stuff yesterday and the guy said it could take up to 14 working days?
    I would probably recommend against any disconnection order being placed with Orcon, as you clearly understand, if that occured before TelstraClear reassigned you, there would be nothing to reassign, then the order TelstraClear had would need to be resubmitted a new connection, putting you back a few days as you waited for a new connection order to go ahead.

Just cancel the disconnection with Orcon, wait for TelstraClear to reassign you, you've given notice.

Call Orcon once you're switched over and make sure they're no longer billing you for any services.

20. Post
    simcore wrote:
    I would probably recommend against any disconnection order being placed with Orcon, as you clearly understand, if that occured before TelstraClear reassigned you, there would be nothing to reassign, then the order TelstraClear had would need to be resubmitted a new connection, putting you back a few days as you waited for a new connection order to go ahead.

Just cancel the disconnection with Orcon, wait for TelstraClear to reassign you, you've given notice.

Call Orcon once you're switched over and make sure they're no longer billing you for any services.
    Thanks again. I had a call from TC, they said I needed to call Orcon and ask them to close the 'open line' or something like that, otherwise I won't be able to keep my phone number. I called Orcon and the csr sounded a bit confused but said it would go through in 2-3 days. I'm not entirely confident orcon won't stuff this up somehow!

21. Post
    They just need to cancel the disconnection order.

As they had requested that, it became an "open service order" which prevents any other conflicting order from occuring (in this case, the reassignment).

22. Post
    simcore wrote:

What about leaving Telstra? Is it the same process - ie. join a new ISP, then contact Telstra once switched over to make sure bills have stopped? And would Telstra refund unused time on the billing cycle as they bill in advance? Not in any contract atm.

Probably going to be switching to Telecom. Similar quality speedwise, and 3x the data for the same price :]

23. Post
    simcore wrote:
    UCLL connections have lower contention ratios (more bandwidth per user).
    Can you disclose what this magic number is? Orcon say they provide 100kbps per user, which is the same as the highest available option via Chorus Wholesale for other ISPs.

24. Post
    simcore wrote:
    They just need to cancel the disconnection order.

As they had requested that, it became an "open service order" which prevents any other conflicting order from occuring (in this case, the reassignment).
    OK, so at this stage should I leave it to TC and Orcon to sort out?

25. Post
    With this $75 40gig 2 month free plan, how much is the connection fee? what are the costs of getting connected/setup etc? flatmate said we have $80 bill and have only been connected less than a month so am curious to what its for. cheers

Page 5 of 11 First ... 2345678 ... Last