Page 6 of 11 First ... 3456789 ... Last

1. Post
    no connection fee

2. Post
    we were billed for a bb connection fee which was written off due the the promo, but were also billed $80 for a new connection fee?! O_o

wtf is the difference between the 2?

3. Post
    p00pty wrote:
    OK, so at this stage should I leave it to TC and Orcon to sort out?
    Make sure Orcon have cancelled the disconnection order, and as long as you have a reassignment order in place with TelstraClear, you're all peachy!

Flick me the TelstraClear account number if you want me to check.

4. Post
    logistics wrote:
    we were billed for a bb connection fee which was written off due the the promo, but were also billed $80 for a new connection fee?! O_o

wtf is the difference between the 2?
    Was this a brand new connection (you had no working service previously), or did you switch from another provider?

If the former, the $80 connection fee is applicable for being connected, it doesn't apply if you already have working services with another provider and switch to TelstraClear, although it can be charged in error (if you were to switch from Vodafone Red Network to TelstraClear WSA or UCLL for example).

5. Post
    Hey simcore

I am currently on telecom broadband+phone plan, I rang up telstraclear and signed up with that deal. She said it would cost $75.89 and it can't be installed til the 7th May.

I was wondering why it would take that long?
    I assume its because I'm moving from broadband to cable connection (I'm in christchurch according to your network map) Sorry its just the lady never mentioned this to me and how much is the connection fee? $80? $80+99?? She never mentioned cost either...

Also according your website, $75 broadband is 40gb and $75.89 is 2gb cable plan? Which plan would I be put on?
    I think she mentioned I would be on 40gb but according to your website the $75.89 cable plan is 2gb?

Ps MaFia> hard

6. Post
    cronik

7. Post
    OK, well TC was a lot quicker than expected and have already connected us but that's OK. Had a bit of trouble getting username and password (waited on hold for an hour and just as they answered, cordless phone ran out of battery!). Anyhow, all connected now.. thanks for the help Simcore.

BTW, any plans to have Telstra unmeter iSky?

8. Post
    simcore wrote:
    Was this a brand new connection (you had no working service previously), or did you switch from another provider?

If the former, the $80 connection fee is applicable for being connected, it doesn't apply if you already have working services with another provider and switch to TelstraClear, although it can be charged in error (if you were to switch from Vodafone Red Network to TelstraClear WSA or UCLL for example).
    We had just moved into a new apartment, the previous tenants had a connection with orcon. TelstraClear cancelled this connection when connectiong us with them.

Our first bill arrived and we were billed 98.99 for a bb connection fee(this is written off however due to the promotion at the time) but also billed $79.99 for a new connection fee.
    er

Is this an error? I dont really understand this bill since TelstraClear told us there was no connection fee and the first 3 months are free.

9. Post
    Is it possible to change the overage?
    Winner: Ass Clown Award 2002!!! NEWS FLASH 2003 clown as well!!!

10. Post
    logistics wrote:
    We had just moved into a new apartment, the previous tenants had a connection with orcon. TelstraClear cancelled this connection when connectiong us with them.

Our first bill arrived and we were billed 98.99 for a bb connection fee(this is written off however due to the promotion at the time) but also billed $79.99 for a new connection fee.
    er

Is this an error? I dont really understand this bill since TelstraClear told us there was no connection fee and the first 3 months are free.
    All connection fees are now being waived as part of the promotion, it's likely that your charge will be picked up and credited by a team who are going through accounts which may have been charged, but flick me your account number anyway with the subject "connection charge" and I'll get it fixed up mate.

11. Post
    Buzz wrote:
    Ps MaFia> hard
    Hey Buzz, cable connection fees are free.

I'm not too clued up on the exact price of the Cable plan to be honest (or the promotions effect on the price).

Christchurch has extended install lead times at the moment, not sure of the exact reason but it has been as long as one month. More techs are heading down to Christchurch to help relieve the wait times.

I can get someone to give you a call and explain more definitively if you'd like? Let me know via PM.

12. Post
    simcore wrote:
    All connection fees are now being waived as part of the promotion, it's likely that your charge will be picked up and credited by a team who are going through accounts which may have been charged, but flick me your account number anyway with the subject "connection charge" and I'll get it fixed up mate.
    PM'd.

Its due on the 26th.

Cheers

13. Post
    ^ Simcore/logistics - don't worry, it is all sorted now anyway. Look for the credit on your next invoice logistics.

14. Post
    iRoN wrote:
    ^ Simcore/logistics - don't worry, it is all sorted now anyway. Look for the credit on your next invoice logistics.
    cheers, so i just ignore this current bill and will be all sorted on the next one?

15. Post
    logistics wrote:
    cheers, so i just ignore this current bill and will be all sorted on the next one?
    Yeah just subtract the incorrect connection fee amount from your total balance and pay what's left

16. Post
    Hi, I live in Palmerston North. My internet provider is Inspire [Only provider we have used] and we are on ;
    InspireBitstream_256_5GB_ThrottleOnCap for $40 dollars a month.

For home phone we are with telecom and pay around $50+ for rental and activity. The kids are starting to use the internet more and I need to improve our plan. I have seen the TelstraClear Ad and wondered if that is the best available deal for us. I can't see us needing more than 40GB. I've checked telecom and their nearest deal appears to be the Total Home Lite 35GB for 85 dollars deal.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

17. Post
    Yes I would say TelstraClear's offer at $75 per month is one of the best in terms of price right now when you take into consideration the 2 months fees waived (Telecom will also waive fees for 2 months but their pricing is $85 pm as you mentioned while Slingshot's Better Network starts at $69 pm but do not offer 2 months free).
    Note that TelstraClear do not offer a 'throttle on cap' flat rate option as your current plan does so in the off chance you end up using more than 40 GB in a month you continue at full speed but excess usage is charged at $2/GB.

18. Post
    Sea Monkey wrote:
    Is it possible to change the overage?

19. Post
    Not if you want to retain the free 40GB (or the value of that).

If you're regularly using 60GB+ you're basically better off on a higher usage pack anyway.

20. Post
    yea we are :X

Will it cost to change or ?

21. Post
    No cost to change.

Might be easier to have me do it for you than to wait in a queue at the moment.

Flick me your account number and the usage pack you wish to change to and I'll sort it out tomorrow mate.

22. Post
    simcore can you please sort out my old account, not too keen on the 45 minute wait time.

cancelled this account in feb and paid my last bill but just got a call from your account team telling me i owe around $150 for the last two months..? i assume they didnt end up cancelling it.

account: 20215135

cheers

23. Post
    They cancelled it, and technically you're eligible for the charges but I've credited one of the statements for you. You just need to pay the other one

For future reference, 30 days notice of cancellation is required from most providers as part of the terms and conditions.

Hit me up if you need further assistance logistics.

24. Post
    simcore, can you hint at if there are any plans for the cablers that sit just below the 100Mb offering?
    Been with Telstar for about 7 years now, and for the $109 phone + 60GB combo seems a bit rough compared with the other plans on offer. Not that I'm threaten to leave or anything, but would be nice to know that they haven't forgotten about us folks who have been loyal and use to work for the company.

25. Post
    simcore, I hope your boss looks here soon, you deserve a raise :P