1. Post

TV suggestions?

Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice. About to move into my first home and I'm thinking of a new TV first up before I move onto a sound setup next.

Lounge isn't the brightest place but adequate during most of the daytime. Will be using the tv mainly in the evening/night after work for PS3 gaming & bluray/laptop movies. Will also be watching a lot of sport ie NBA/NFL/Rugby/Football/Cricket.

Open to suggestions to whether it is LED/LCD/Plasma and looking at 42" size + but not looking to spend a fortune. Looking at $1500 tops but lower the better. I noticed large Plasmas ie 42"+ are dirt cheap, are those any good?

Cheers!

2. Post
    I managed to pick up a Samsung Series 6 for $1000 (it's the non 3D version) and it's a great all around TV for 360 and media.

3. Post
    Sectiplave wrote:
    I managed to pick up a Samsung Series 6 for $1000 (it's the non 3D version) and it's a great all around TV for 360 and media.
    What size? I assume it was the 6000 series and not the 6600?

Another general question to anyone, why are Plasmas much cheaper than their lcd/led counterparts? Even the full HD 3D ones? I'm not looking for a 3D tv but if its cheap enough I'll get one although I doubt I will use it much at all.

Cheers

4. Post
    Plasmas are better colour and contrast overall but for sport definitely get a Plasma as LCDs pretty much all have motion blur , Samsung D550 is a good buy, otherwise any 1080p Panasonic Plasma, the high-end GT30 series is a good buy if you can afford it

50/55" seems to be a sweet spot at the mo for price

5. Post
    50inch GT30 Pana for the win.

6. Post
    If you cant afford the GT30 (spot on colours, better blacks etc) then the 42" u30 is <$800 at JBHiFi. Still looks decent vs low to mid-range LEDs IMO