1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Pretty awesome game, been playing with some bro's both offline and online (didn't have any lag problems), pretty mint And 2D fighters are a completely different niche from boxing/mma games

9.5/10

fyi: in that review you say the Tekken character's are like SF characters like its a bad thing?, this has been intentional since forever, just like when Tekken X SF comes out, the SF characters will be like Tekken characters, rather than copies of their old self; just saying

3. Post
    The game presents as a Street Fighter title with Tekken characters, rather than a real cross-over.
    It's almost as if he's proposing they offer a 2D + 3D fighting experience in one game (I cant even wrap my head around how that would work). Either that or he's just missing the point of Street Fighter X Tekken entirely.

The second and third paragraph also make it sound like the 2D fighting genre is dead and the more realistic UFC/Boxing games are taking its place, which couldn't be further from the truth (See record crowds attending EVO and weekly/monthly events streamed online to over 20-30k viewers per pop).

Normally I find GP reviews pretty close to the mark, but this honestly feels like it was written by someone completely out of the fighting game loop. I mean there's not even a mention of Pandora mode, which is basically the entire point of the story and a significant gameplay mechanic.

4. Post
    alu wrote:
    Pretty awesome game, been playing with some bro's both offline and online (didn't have any lag problems), pretty mint And 2D fighters are a completely different niche from boxing/mma games

9.5/10

fyi: in that review you say the Tekken character's are like SF characters like its a bad thing?, this has been intentional since forever, just like when Tekken X SF comes out, the SF characters will be like Tekken characters, rather than copies of their old self; just saying
    Yeh, my understanding was this is meant to be a SF game with SF and Tekken chars, and the Tekken x Street Fighter will be the other way around. Can hardly criticise them for doing what they set out to do.

5. Post
    plot criticisms?

k...

6. Post

alu wrote:
    9.5/10

7. Post
    usual gp review.

8. Post
    ^^

9. Post
    Sucks that the reviewer probably has never put more than an hour into a competitive fighting game before. God damn casuals.

10. Post
    Good to see the GP brahz know whats up

11. Post
    Lol I just read this review on stuff and came here to see if peeps were getting some digs in. I understand gp is gonna be targeting a more general audience with any review but there's some serious ignorance on display here.

Anyone notice it was also written by a guy called mike ross? review is so staged
    I'm fat cause I eat too many $1 pies

12. Post
    :D wrote:
    Anyone notice it was also written by a guy called mike ross? review is so staged
    I thought I smelled a fraud.

13. Post
    Ignorant in the analogy as well.

Avengers and X-Men? They are in the same Marvel Universe for god sakes! Did he ever read the Civil War?

Neighbours and Home and Away? They are both soaps set in Australia. They can crossover!

14. Post
    For anyone interested Nor Cal regional are on this weeked. Street Fighter, SFxT, Marvel, KoF13 and more.

http://www.twitch.tv/iplaywinner?utm....eventhubs.com

15. Post
    alu wrote:
    The funny thing is apparently Namco aren't progressing to well with their version of Tekken X Street Fighter, that or they are keeping very very quiet.

16. Post
    Possibly because tekken characters are weak, and get smashed by hadokens and so forth.

17. Post
    Mettler wrote:
    Possibly because tekken characters are weak, and get smashed by hadokens and so forth.
    This