1. Post

Replacing Sennheiser PC 350's

Hey so my cool story is that my headset died now i'm after some new headphones for around $350max
    Been eyeing up the HD598's but am concerned the positional audio quality might not be as good as gaming headsets.

Can anyone confirm that the 598's are fine/bad in counter strike
    any alternative suggestions for around the $300-$350 price range.

2. Post
    PC 360's + Astro Mix Amp. Awesome virtual 7.1. Would never go back to std headphones! This combo is pretty pimp, pricey but worth it IMO

3. Post
    I just bought a pair of HD558. From the reviews I read they do have good positional audio. The problem you will run into with gaming sets is they just aren't as good for games as far as I have read into it.

I bought 558s because I want to use them for games but also to be able to study away from my pc and have good sound from my laptop without a big mic boom to make me look nerdy in the uni library. Your situation might be different though.

Also the price difference between the 558 and 598 was over $100 and as far as I read into it the difference just isn't great enough to justify the cost.

I'll post back and let you know how they sound.

4. Post
    Mada wrote:
    PC 360's + Astro Mix Amp. Awesome virtual 7.1. Would never go back to std headphones! This combo is pretty pimp, pricey but worth it IMO
    waste of money considering you can get the same Dolby tech in the Xonar cards, not to mention I would argue that the CMSS-3D tech from Creative is better for gaming. The PC360s are all good though.

the Astro mixamp is only useful for console gaming.

5. Post
    Namlocnz wrote:
    Hey so my cool story is that my headset died now i'm after some new headphones for around $350max
    Been eyeing up the HD598's but am concerned the positional audio quality might not be as good as gaming headsets.

Can anyone confirm that the 598's are fine/bad in counter strike
    any alternative suggestions for around the $300-$350 price range.
    local or overseas OK?
    Just for gaming or mix of gaming and music?
    If music, music tastes?
    current setup?