Page 1 of 38 123411 ... Last

1. Post
    Rock Paper Shotgun: Yes Dark Souls PC might be happening
    RPS wrote:
    Namco are busy teasing a Dark Souls announcement on their Facebook page, and it looks like it could be confirmation for the heavily petitioned-for PC version. That is not clue enough on its own, of course, but it seems that Australian PC mag PC Power Play are teasing their next month’s edition with a page reading “You Died”. HmmMMMMmmmmMMMMmmmmm!
    Click pic for Facebook page

Things are looking hopeful indeed.

2. Post
    I absolutely loved Demon Souls and Dark souls on my ps3, I would worry though because the characters would be so easily hacked on pc that it would ruin the entire pvp element of the game. Be interested to see what they do with that if it does happen.

3. Post
    I didn't really like Demon's Souls, but I've heard Dark Souls is considerably better, so if it comes to PC, I'll give it a shot

4. Post
    Xev wrote:
    I didn't really like Demon's Souls, but I've heard Dark Souls is considerably better, so if it comes to PC, I'll give it a shot
    Dunno who told you that, they're practically the same game with different locations.

5. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Actually Demon's Souls was better, but the difference is hardly considerable. If you hate one you will hate the other, likewise if you loved one you will love the other.

6. Post
    Prepare to die a lot, and get so angry that you will want to throw your kb+mouse across the room.

One of the most rewarding games ever but be warned, you have to have the patience to play it. Plus I suspect a lot of PC nerds won't like the spells, weapons and armour.

After I clocked it, I tried New Game +, but got sick of uber-high-level players intruding my game every 5 minutes, so I gave up.

7. Post
    Was always keen to try this on xbox, but if it's coming to PC then I'll pick it up on that.

8. Post
    JoeSkie wrote:
    After I clocked it, I tried New Game +, but got sick of uber-high-level players intruding my game every 5 minutes, so I gave up.
    Block the game's EXE from accessing the internet through your firewall software, problem solved.

Attached Images

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Block the game's EXE from accessing the internet through your firewall software, problem solved.
    notsureifsrs.jpg

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Blocking the .exe on a console eh? Interesting. Must try that.

11. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Miss.

Anyway, will buy. Good luck to those who intend to play this with a keyboard and mouse though. Also people can't invade you if their level is above yours.

12. Post
    iRoN wrote:
    notsureifsrs.jpg
    I meant once the game has been ported to PC, obviously. Hence the tongue in cheek meme macro.

13. Post
    t0mby wrote:
    Blocking the .exe on a console eh? Interesting. Must try that.

You n00b it involves going into the proxy, downloading the beta client, putting in your cd-key, updating the latest patch, extracting the zip file and rebooting the apache server with a https secure connection.

14. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    Actually Demon's Souls was better, but the difference is hardly considerable. If you hate one you will hate the other, likewise if you loved one you will love the other.
    I didn't like demons souls nearly as much (I still haven't finished it though), but everything about it felt less polished, immersive, and generally more clunky than dark souls.

Most of the community seems to like the first one best though..
    For a guy named EvilStarship, I sure know jack about Stars.

15. Post
    I couldn't get into dark souls sadly but good on From Software finally making a name for themselves in the west.

16. Post
    YOU DIED

no shit...

17. Post
    sloppy seconds, huh?

pc master race indeed..

18. Post
    Porkupine wrote:
    sloppy seconds, huh?

pc master race indeed..
    lol'd

19. Post
    Porkupine wrote:
    sloppy seconds, huh?

pc master race indeed..
    LOL. Thanks for the beta test fool. Now your betters will get a fully polished game that not only looks far better than your pre-release version, but also doesn't grind to a halt when there's a lot of action on screen.

Thanks for your assistance.

20. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    LOL. Thanks for the beta test fool. Now your betters will get a fully polished game that not only looks far better than your pre-release version, but also doesn't grind to a halt when there's a lot of action on screen.

Thanks for your assistance.
    Hmmm never had any issues if that helps?

21. Post
    JoeSkie wrote:
    Sign out of PSN or Live and you won't have this problem. But then of course you are missing half the fun.

Great games. Yes these games are extremely hard by today's standards but once you clock up 10 - 20 hours they get a lot easier. I found the main reason I would die is if I underestimated a couple of enemies and just ran in and attacked them without blocking. Good way to die in about 5 seconds.

22. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    Everyone I talk to says something different. I usually appreciate hard games, but I found Demon's Souls just silly. It wasn't hard as such, it just make itself seem that way by being unintuitive. If Dark Souls at least has regular checkpoints, that'd be a step in the right direction.

I'll probably still give it a pop regardless.

23. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Hmmm never had any issues if that helps?
    I was being facetious, but I know from reviews that there are some serious performance issues in segments of the game.

24. Post
    I loved Dark Souls but the rage factor was out of this world. I lost my shit so many times playing this game. Worst part was Blightown.. the slowdown was bad enough, but the bugs that clip through walls and wouldnt lock on was infuriating.

Admittedly I had to rush through the game before our baby was born (I finished it the week before delivery haha) coz I knew after that I wouldn't have any time to finish it. That, and playing this game + sleep deprivation = no good. So I had to take advantage of the OP crystal shield for quite a bit of my time playing, it was broken to hell and fixed in a recent patch. Full credit to those who didn't have to resort to using it!

I used to whinge to my mates about the game but at the end of the day it was so satisfying to play through when things went well.

25. Post
    I've just reached Blightown.... don't think I'm prepared for what's ahead