1. Post
    Ok, did anybody watch this just then on TV3?

Going by the pilot episode, I'm disappointed. the trailer was great but dammit, so many plotholes, cliches and a Disneyland ending in one episode. The plot idea is great but execution = oh gees....

this sums it up: http://www.scifimoviepage.com/blog/t...pisode-review/

Another plot hole the reviewer missed and was more obvious was if the kid didn't detonate the suicide bomb, wouldn't you think his family would have 'consequences' instead of happily installing the new oven....

2. Post
    DAMN IT CHLOE

3. Post
    touch is a really dodgy name for a show about a small prepubescent boy.

4. Post
    kransky wrote:
    touch is a really dodgy name for a show about a small prepubescent boy.

5. Post
    I hear that the kid has autism but that the show never really explicitly addresses this.

Interdasting.

6. Post
    imagine if your kid was a autism without powers, gutted.

7. Post
    werewolves? wrote:
    imagine if your kid was a autism without powers, gutted.
    rain man except without all the clever shit.

8. Post
    kransky wrote:
    rain man except without all the clever shit.
    ISavant.

Also. I've watched the first 2 eps. I really enjoy the acting and production value but I agree with CK. I was hoping each episode was going to be on the journey to something great but it's just a formulaic rape-job.

I actually hate the kid. I've watched plenty of movies with gifted autistic children but how they've had the kid in Touch act just makes me want to punch him and tell him to eat his vegetables.

9. Post
    So how does this go? The show must've got some sort of good reviews or something because they brought it back (with the second episode) after 2 months in the US anyways although the second episode was delayed. Will there be a long wait between e1 and e2 here too?

I don't see a listing of a new episode this month here in NZ.

10. Post
    No delay, it's on every Sunday (at least until it gets yanked due to poor ratings).
    Nothing listed because March ends on Saturday.

11. Post
    TV3 is so quick to pull programmes. And often they don't even replace them with anything good.

12. Post
    Yeah, I guess they can't help it with their cash situation being the way it is.

13. Post
    its_inevitable wrote:
    No delay, it's on every Sunday (at least until it gets yanked due to poor ratings).
    Nothing listed because March ends on Saturday.
    Oh yeah, it's listed on Sky's guide for Sunday too. So we're less than a week behind the US on this show?

BTW, anyone use a better TV guide than Sky's, one that lists further ahead?

its_inevitable wrote:
    Yeah, I guess they can't help it with their cash situation being the way it is.
    Yeah I've already forgotten about that debt they have :S

14. Post
    Yeah a bit disappointed

15. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    TV3 is so quick to pull programmes. And often they don't even replace them with anything good.
    Speaking of which, it looks like it's happened already, until the 3rd June anyway, and then they're putting it on at 11pm O_o . Honestly, why would you put it on so late?

Oh, and they pulled house as well, looks like it's time to visit good ol' uncle Torrence again.

16. Post
    I watched the first episode and found it too sentimental and pompous. I haven't gone back.

17. Post
    Am I the only one who is expecting to see the 24 style countdown?

18. Post
    ^^Still got one more 24 TV movie to come once he has some time off his touch schedule

19. Post
    It's supposed to be a feature film. I won't be shocked if it gets canned. Too much time has passed.

20. Post
    I've stopped watching it too

21. Post
    Saw one episode, won't be watching another. I can deal with Sutherland but the rest of it....

22. Post
    Dang it, got picked up for a second season. Gonna be harder to get time for 24 movie filming. Not expecting it to last another season.

23. Post
    Like Bruce Willis in Mercury Rising, I imagine that there might be more dramatic episodes where a team of government officials will try to kidnap the boy if his number-talented mind gets to figure out some cryptic crossword on a puzzlegame website that might lead to secret passwords to some government supercomputer or access to the weather or television satellite where non-US terrorists can be intercepted. Or like Indiana Jones, discover an ancient man-made item in Egypt that might look like something 'out of this word' say - a time machine device to open a time dimension doorway 'to the other side' where God is living comfortably this so-called heaven.:.
    polynesium

24. Post
    Yeah, the plots not the greatest but it was better than half the shit they've got on TV3 so I still don't understand the 11pm timeslot.