Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Whats your favourite Genre of Music?

This is a question for people who like rather 'non-mainstream' music by the way, not that I don't appreciate nowadays music, I know there's some real good stuff out there, but it just happens to be that most of it I find rather 'trashy'
    I still like oldschool blues and jazz. Occasionally I listen to R&B (hip pop in general) , and the like, but often I find its not as good as it used to be...

Sooo, anybody likes really 'different' music? (Sorry for my bad english, I just can't think of how to phrase this right)

2. Post
    Punk

I like the flamenco pop/power ballad steez of Alejandro Sanz, which is pretty different.

To wit:

3. Post
    it honestly varies, I'm back on metal these days,

4. Post
    zippy wrote:
    it honestly varies

5. Post
    In terms of simple genre semantics 'noise', which doesn't really mean much without rattling off a bunch of other genres.

6. Post
    emo

7. Post
    Depressive rock/Doom metal.

But I like all kinds of genres tbh.

8. Post
    Innsmouth metalstep

9. Post
    shoegaze

10. Post
    wonkwonkfusionstep

11. Post
    drone

12. Post
    rock, all varieties.

from CCR to emperor

13. Post
    Hip Hop pref Underground but I gets down with Violin!

Hi CHOBE

14. Post
    Exclusively hip-hop

15. Post
    2000 ~ 2003 - I used to listen to a bit of Rap / Hip Hop --- I no longer like the genre nor do I listen to it.

2004 ~ 2007 - I wasn't much of a music lover at this time, At this stage I listened to most genres of music or 'what ever' was on.

> I really got into mostly Rock but still listened to other genres.
    > Started exploring other genres. This is when I really got into Post Hardcore.

Present - Mainly Post Hardcore / Metalcore / Dubstep / Drum & Bass - But I don't limit myself just to these genres. I generally now like to listen to most types of genres. Radio music / Music they show on FOUR etc.

That being said, I'm only 18. So I didn't really explore music before my time.

16. Post
    Honkytonk

17. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    But I like all kinds of genres tbh.
    Aren't you that guy that PMs people telling them not to post hip hop in the music rating thread?

18. Post
    Instrumental hiphop

19. Post
    Conebeast wrote:
    Aren't you that guy that PMs people telling them not to post hip hop in the music rating thread?

Nope, I think I've only ever sent 3-4 PM's for the entire time I've been here. And I actually like some rap/hip-hop as well (JMT, AOTP, SOB, Eminem, 50 cent ect.)

20. Post
    Conebeast wrote:
    Aren't you that guy that rates songs without even fking listening to them in the music rating thread?

21. Post
    No, I always listen to it first.

22. Post
    Conebeast's MO:

Don't play the video.

Attribute random number out of 10, generally a low score.

Oppress the forums with my own particular shitty music.

23. Post
    If you look at the scores I give you'll find that it's more that I just happen not to like Mexican rock rap, Suicidal Tendencies and all their member's shitty funk metal side projects, Mexican Idol and only slightly like the Sex Pistols which happen to be all that you post.

24. Post
    Probably R&B right now, honestly - old and new

25. Post
    musique concrète