Results 1 to 9 of 9

  1. Post
    #1

    Warhammer Fantasy

    I'm just starting out playing Warhammer after going around a mates house and actually giving him a good run for his money!
    He was probably taking it EZ on me as he's been playing for about 16years!

    Anyway, I've decided to go with Vampire Counts, just because I like their miniatures.
    After walking into the Gamesworkshop store in Wellington I've discovered I'll need to sell a kidney to build an army from scratch!
    Not to mention Paints etc.

    So I was wondering if there's anyone out there who is "getting out" of the game, and is willing to sell their stash to me at a descent price?
    Paints, Scenery, anything considered really?

    My problem is, when I get into something, I go Guns Blazing, and don't like to go in with a half arsed looking Army with bits missing.

    I would prefer the Vampire Counts army, but I also have some Warriors of Chaos figures.
    And preferably from the 7th edition onwards as the older stuff doesn't have as much detail I believe.

    Thanks, PM's or message here.
    Cheers.

  2. Post
    #2
    Ha. I know the feeling. I have played Warhammer fantasy (and some 40k) on and off for the last 17 years or so. Over that time I have bought and sold an Orc and goblin army, dwarfs, dark elves, and now back to orcs and goblins (night goins with many a squig).

    I can totally sympathise with the expense, but learnt last time to at least hold onto all my paints and modelling supplies.

    To try and get things a bit cheaper: the secondary market (trademe and ebay) is your friend. Buy poorly painted (metal) minis, strip them and repaint. As for paints; buy some main colours and then mix your own for the less used colours and save them in empty pots (there's a chart somewhere sowing you how to make aproximately the entire range from red, yellow and blue)

  3. Post
    #3
    WillAY wrote:
    Ha. I know the feeling. I have played Warhammer fantasy (and some 40k) on and off for the last 17 years or so. Over that time I have bought and sold an Orc and goblin army, dwarfs, dark elves, and now back to orcs and goblins (night goins with many a squig).

    I can totally sympathise with the expense, but learnt last time to at least hold onto all my paints and modelling supplies.

    To try and get things a bit cheaper: the secondary market (trademe and ebay) is your friend. Buy poorly painted (metal) minis, strip them and repaint. As for paints; buy some main colours and then mix your own for the less used colours and save them in empty pots (there's a chart somewhere sowing you how to make aproximately the entire range from red, yellow and blue)
    I'm getting a bit obsessed with it at the moment, watching youtube vids on how to paint, and Gaming Strategies etc.
    I've been on TM, looking out for a bargain as well.

    Awesome advice man, Thanks for that.

  4. Post
    #4
    mikeyhavok wrote:
    I'm getting a bit obsessed with it at the moment, watching youtube vids on how to paint, and Gaming Strategies etc.
    I've been on TM, looking out for a bargain as well.

    Awesome advice man, Thanks for that.
    If you're using any of the previous incarnations of citadel paints make sure to water them down a little, otherwise they're too thick imo ( have not actually tried the new range, but I hear that with the layer range you don't have to thin anymore).

    This time around I'm less worried about the game, and more focussed on just painting.

    This has actually inspired me to get back to my painting this afternoon.

  5. Post
    #5
    hahah...Excellent!

    I have a Ghoul army to assemble

  6. Post
    #6
    Here is the aforementioned paint conversion chart for the previous citadel range from the primary colours. Consult this to then convert to the new range.

  7. Post
    #7
    WillAY wrote:
    Here is the aforementioned paint conversion chart for the previous citadel range from the primary colours. Consult this to then convert to the new range.
    Somebody get that man a DB! You're a bloody Legend

    Cheers!

  8. Post
    #8
    Bought an airbrush today to try out some airbrushing techniques I've seen on youtube. I'll post up some pics as soon as I get some.

  9. Post
    #9
    FYI....Wargames Supply underground at the BNZ Wellington are having a 20% off everything in store sale as they are closing down at the end of this month