Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

1. Post
    Yeap another kick starter project.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...dowrun-returns

Good on developers for looking for fans for funding. Once again $15 gets you a DRM free, PC centric title. For those interested have a look. I never played the originals but the video on the kickstarter website made me interested. Its already met its backing quota so the more the better!

Get funding =)

The more people that fund the better overall the game will be. No co-op or multi player this is a story focused single player game.

2. Post
    According to the Mayan Calendar (and lots of tabloids), the world will end on December 21, 2012. Itís part a 5,200 year cycle of death and rebirth that, in Shadowrun, actually charts the ebb and flow of magic from the Earth. So, on 12/21/12 magic will return, end this world, and wreak holy havoc while starting the next. Aboriginal cultures, who maintained their mystical traditions, are the first to feel the return of magic and use their newfound power to reshape the political, financial, and physical world around them. As the magic increases, Elf and Dwarf babies are born to very surprised parents who carry the right combination of long-dormant genes. But all of these events pale in comparison to the horror of "goblinization", which painfully reshapes the teenage bodies of those unlucky enough to carry dominant Ork or Troll genes. And then the first Great Dragon rises from its 5,200 yearlong hibernation and circles over Tokyo, signaling that the world has truly AWAKENED.

but seriously though the original Shadowrun was awesome (even if the MMOFPS remake was an abortion)

3. Post
    New funding incentives added.

4. Post
    Wow this is awesome. I was already onboard as soon as i read about this but after watching all the videos i can tell jordan ****in gets it and this really sounds like a reboot thats gonna be done right. chucked them 60bux anyway

5. Post
    i would back this but i am not sure if it will turn out as the TB gameplay as i want.

6. Post
    They've funded enough to add a second quest hub city (the first one is Seattle), awesome.

7. Post
    Shadowrun was friggen awesome. Especially cause it had bots as well.

8. Post
    The universe and setting seems pretty cool but i'm not entirely clear what we are getting gameplay wise here.

I haven't played any of the previous games but is this new one going to be anything like the shadowrun games of the past?

9. Post
    KoVaC wrote:
    The universe and setting seems pretty cool but i'm not entirely clear what we are getting gameplay wise here.

I haven't played any of the previous games but is this new one going to be anything like the shadowrun games of the past?
    If it's anything like the snes version (pure awesome in it's day) think zelda gameplay (with party members if you want) with guns meets bladerunner with fantasy races.

Game definitely has potential, just ignore the sega & xbox versions.

10. Post
    Thanks for posting this - missed out first time round (never had a SNES when the game came out, and for some reason I never got it when I had one) so keen as mustard to give it a go.

Bought!

11. Post

12. Post

13. Post
    Outstanding, looking forward to seeing the finished product

14. Post
    Just in time to cleanse the palette of the news that Lord British's new game will be a f*cking MMO, here's Alpha gameplay footage of Shadowrun Returns.

15. Post
    Shadow BlaZe wrote:
    Shadowrun was friggen awesome. Especially cause it had bots as well.
    Was the AI any good?

16. Post
    Definitely worth the money I kicked into it, looks great modern old school take on a cRPG.

17. Post
    Looks sweet. Cant wait!!

Eva. Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues is not an MMO. Unless MMOs now allow offine solo play as well.

18. Post
    Yeah, good decision to back this one I think. Between this and Wasteland 2, I'm going to be in heaven!

19. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    Unless MMOs now allow offine solo play as well.
    It's called a server emulator.

20. Post
    Isn't this suppose to be 3rd person? Or am I thinking of another Shadow Run or something

21. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    It's called a server emulator.
    Saying a server emulator allows offline play is like saying a cracked game is DRM free. They're not something the publisher/developer wants or supports. No MMO has an offline option.

22. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Isn't this suppose to be 3rd person? Or am I thinking of another Shadow Run or something
    There's was a ****ty cross-platform FPS by Microsoft released for Vista and 360. Maybe you're thinking of that?

23. Post
    God that game was terrible

24. Post
    Wally Simmonds wrote:
    God that game was terrible
    and an insult to the licence purely for the shooter focus. **** the twitchtards!

25. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    There's was a ****ty cross-platform FPS by Microsoft released for Vista and 360. Maybe you're thinking of that?
    Yeah that's the one... no likey