1. Post
    Danoct wrote:
    Yeah, no. Even is she is 3rd best girl I'd want $26k worth of plastic to do more than look pretty.
    Waifu robot?

2. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    Waifu robot?
    Probably. No idea who, not Megumi though.

3. Post
    Danoct wrote:
    Probably. No idea who, not Megumi though.
    Elwing probably.

4. Post
    Altina > Elwing, by an extremely small amount.

5. Post
    http://www.supergiantgames.com/blog/...ctible-figure/
    Bought/10

Blah blah blah not anime, doesn't really fit anywhere else so idc

6. Post
    I want one so much

7. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    I want one so much
    Saw that, looks sick af.

Stasis wrote:
    http://www.supergiantgames.com/blog/...ctible-figure/
    Bought/10

Blah blah blah not anime, doesn't really fit anywhere else so idc
    This shipped today, can't wait :3

8. Post
    <blogpost>
    Went exploring today. The building slightly left of centre is the Kukje Electronics Centre and its 9th floor is about 60%+ anime related with a lot of stores/sellers/stalls.

Couldn't too many pics cause the corridors were narrow and there were lots of people. But there were lots of gatcha machines, and display cases about 7 feet high. Magazines, art books, wall scrolls, figma, statues, gunpla, CDs, mousepads, pillows and cushions, other little collectables, etc. Was a lot of stuff to see and try and process.

Random display.

So so so much Love Live stuff.

Like this Kotori pillow.

And this figma. Markup isn't that bad for quite a few things (69,000 KRW = ~87 NZD vs a list price of 5,800 JPY = ~76 NZD), but some other stuff was quite bad compared to Japanese prices. Although this is Korea so bargaining would be wise, and if the word "cash" is mentioned the price will automatically come down for you.

Happy to see lots of Tony Taka goods, statues and some art books.

Speaking of Tony, I managed to find something I couldn't really find 2 years ago. I bet I can get the price down from 98,000, there's a crease on the box.

Anyway I left empty handed (because you only get paid monthly and I haven't been here long enough to get paid) but with a list of things to get next time I visit; statues, a KanColle wall scroll perhaps to decorate this very plain apartment, or Love Live, there was this large one of Kotori in a bikini, Mashitro from that hostel anime I have already ruled out and kinda meh on Madoka.

Then it was time to visit Yongsan. Got some bungeoppang on the way.

Found this market full of gaming shops. Lots of Super Famicons, Gamecubes, Playstation 1s and Sega Saturns,, along with more modern systems. Was a couple of stalls there too that were selling statues and related items. More Love Live, T2 and various Fate characters.

Spent like 4 hours at least just on the metro but it was a good trip. So yeah, I need money to buy nice things.
    </blogpost>

9. Post
    So, I bought some expensive plastic yesterday. Actually a bit lewder than I expected, still like her though.

Also I bought this. I don't know why but I don't regret it either.

10. Post
    Danoct wrote:
    No Kongou-desu?

11. Post
    Nork22 wrote:
    No Kongou-desu?
    There was one of the Kongou-class sisters now that I think about it. Nagato ticks more boxes for me though.

Now I just have to think about that Blade Arcus EX limited edition box. It's not available at AmiAmi any more but other places do. Decisions decisions.

12. Post
    So this arrived. What do I win?

But why is April almost over?

13. Post
    A friend told me they had a Rias figurine at Pulsar Max in Wellington for $299, didn't see it but I saw Maou for $249
    http://myfigurecollection.net/item/143933 or ~$152 here, how do they stay in business?

14. Post
    I cannot into Hangul that well yet so I can't do any comparisons with her.

But looking at a figure that costs about 190NZD there's about a 30% mark-up in Korea. Note that if I bought it in person at the market I could get it down to probably a 20% or less mark-up.

I'm gonna guess that a lot of people either don't know, don't trust importing stuff from overseas, don't care or put HUGE amounts of value in getting their product immediately.

Anyway. Thinking about next month. Thinking about this, this or an art book. Or save money for something bigger.
    Last edited by Danoct; 29th April 2016 at 1:42 pm.

15. Post
    Speaking of books and Hangul, I visited a fancy bookstore. Maybe I should accelerate my learning of Korean.

16. Post
    Danoct wrote:
    Speaking of books and Hangul, I visited a fancy bookstore. Maybe I should accelerate my learning of Korean.

You can always hold off. Yen Press are ramping up their efforts on translating a lot of LNs into English.

17. Post
    Nork22 wrote:
    You can always hold off. Yen Press are ramping up their efforts on translating a lot of LNs into English.
    You have a point. But I bet Korean translations come out a lot faster. And plus since I live here atm, learning Korean would be extremely beneficial for life in general.

18. Post
    Danoct wrote:
    You have a point. But I bet Korean translations come out a lot faster. And plus since I live here atm, learning Korean would be extremely beneficial for life in general.
    Tell me about it. In Malaysia/Singapore I see a lot of the LNs translated to Chinese. Pity I never learn Chinese.

19. Post
    Danoct wrote:
    Anyway. Thinking about next month. Thinking about this
    Ok. Decided on EX-Xecty. But then there's a store here that has:

Admittedly she is more than double the price of EX-Xecty. Ugh, having some money is hard especially trying to save it. Korean instant noodles are pretty nice I suppose.

20. Post
    I now have a robo-elf. Nice balance of cool mechanics and cute elf. Nice to get after such a long time.

And now I have little Tony collection in Korea. Madoka came free with EX-Execty.

21. Post
    Danoct wrote:
    Coloured. Even more want.
    Ordered. Having money feels good.

22. Post
    Danoct wrote:
    Ordered. Having money feels good.
    Fuyuka last Friday. The box was way bigger than expected, moving everything back to NZ will be a logistical nightmare. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with her.

Also picked put another couple of wallscrolls in the last couple of months. Noel ^_^.

And rolled these in a gatcha yesterday. Got my Haruna.

23. Post

Ooo, pretty. Holy crap at the price though, 16k after discounts.

Cute, and only 7.5k. Don't have any more space realistically to buy statues and ship them back to NZ later :/

And last, a photobook on dolls? Should've bought this at comiket, but then Alice Books has some things that weren't available anyway. Why is this so nice looking? **** it, going to browse the Volks store this weekend.

24. Post
    Danoct wrote:
    nps just ship them to me.

I'll take good care of them

25. Post
    I'll happily take 10 of Hikari, she'll just randomly pop up in places around the house annoying everyone.