Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Watch Dogs

I think this game deserves its own thread. One of very few impressive things so far in this E3. If you haven't seen the gameplay video you really should:

(watch in HD, the game looks very, very good.)

On PC, 360 and PS3 (gameplay was run on a PC)

Looks like a fresh concept accompanied by the usual GTA/cover like gameplay.

We can use this thread to discuss the game and share any new information on it

2. Post
    Saw this earlier today, looks rather amazing and great to see some more advances in graphics. Though I wonder what system they would've been running it on. Definitely keeping an eye on this one!

+1

3. Post
    Just finished watching this before seeing this thread. Some huge potential, that traffic light thing was ****in awesome

4. Post
    Looks amazing. A fresh take on the open-world genre is sorely needed.

It's great when things like this come out of nowhere.

5. Post
    This game COULD BE promising, provided that you have multiple options for achieving goals, Deus Ex or Hitman style. If there's only one way of doing things, like Splinter Cell 1 & 2, then making it semi-open world is pretty pointless - you may as well just go for complete linearity.

6. Post
    Yeah, nice a fresh gameplay sounds nice however I'm not willing to be excited over just a teaser, we've seen a ****ton of tricks they've used over the years to make the games look good in the videos. Not to mention you'll be playing on a **** riddled drm game, ubisoft are going to have to pull a bunny out of a hat on this one.

7. Post
    Yeah I hope there's many ways to accomplish objectives, even watching the video I was thinking "I'd totally do that differently".

8. Post
    It looked very scripted. Would have to see more but there looked to be limited options if any.

9. Post
    Driftit wrote:
    It looked very scripted. Would have to see more but there looked to be limited options if any.
    Notice when he does the traffic lights at the end, the stream of traffic from the left just seems to "appear"? Looks like they didn't intentionally have the camera on it, but that whole car pile up seemed a little too scripted. Esp the pedestrian running over to the car.

But I hope like hell I'm wrong.

10. Post
    ^^Yeah I noticed that as well. I was thinking in that situation, I would've just held the light for the target car on red, and then just walked up and shot the guy through the window. And for the party at the beginning, I would've hacked the guy's iPad to put my name on the list, rather than jam everyone's phone and expect the bouncer to wander away from the door.

11. Post
    Will be keeping an eye out. New IP's with promise are what I like to see

12. Post
    Sweet game looks badass!

13. Post
    Looks like an awesome game if it isn't going to be scripted to hell. I loved the effect when he first started firing his pistol, sounded mean.

14. Post
    Found this game to be very interesting. Not just the graphics, but the atmosphere and gameplay. The acting seemed really good too.

Scripted to hell like every other E3 demo of course. But it still seems like it could be a great game.

15. Post
    Definitely want to get this, I love the hacking parts of most games (bioshock, deus ex, fallout etc), and it's been implemented really well as a core gameplay mechanic here by the looks of it.

Definitely scripted but has tons of potential.

Edit: also added sentiment to the protagonist since we both wear RSI gloves. :P

16. Post
    NiNjA-Keeley wrote:
    Sweet game looks badass!

17. Post
    527367 wrote:
    Yeah, nice a fresh gameplay sounds nice however I'm not willing to be excited over just a teaser, we've seen a ****ton of tricks they've used over the years to make the games look good in the videos. Not to mention you'll be playing on a **** riddled drm game, ubisoft are going to have to pull a bunny out of a hat on this one.
    Yeah, it'll be cool if it's not scripted though.

18. Post
    Awesome

19. Post
    well i was interested until i saw ubisoft .. ah well.

20. Post
    This definitely looks promising - one to keep an eye on I think. I've been wondering when a developer would start to incorporate elements of interconnected devices into gameplay set in modern day. So much of the technology we take for granted is linked to others device it seems a no-brainer that exploring this aspect of everyday life could yield some really interesting gameplay elements - especially as a weapon (traffic lights are the obvious example here). Clearly the idea is a little exaggerated for effect but the principle is fantastic.

Echo the sentiments regarding scripting though, if the game is left largely unscripted for the most part then I imagine we could see some fascinating emergent gameplay as a result of the interconnection they are clearly looking to emphasise.

21. Post
    I want I want!

22. Post
    I'm predicting this to be a giant let down to the majority of people as much as I'd like it to be awesome

23. Post
    Would be cool if you could link your Smartphone somehow, and use that for certain parts of the game

24. Post
    Would be a bit tricky aiming the mouse/gamepad and holding the phone at the same time, but yeah it would be a kinda fun feature worth trying out.

Anyway being an ubisoft montreal game, I just hope they don't try and stretch a small amount of gameplay over a long length. They're probably the #1 dev team guilty of that.

25. Post
    Zerulas wrote:
    Would be a bit tricky aiming the mouse/gamepad and holding the phone at the same time, but yeah it would be a kinda fun feature worth trying out.

Anyway being an ubisoft montreal game, I just hope they don't try and stretch a small amount of gameplay over a long length. They're probably the #1 dev team guilty of that.
    Haha yeah, didn't mean at the same time I mean like when your at the bar waiting, or outside at the lights etc

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last