What verdict would you issue?

622 people have voted on this poll. You may not vote on this poll

Guilty of murder.
320 51.45%
Not guilty of murder (only because not proven beyond reasonable doubt).
154 24.76%
Not guilty of murder (fully certain)
16 2.57%
Undecided
44 7.07%
Comedy option - Guilty, but only so I can mack his missus while he's in Te Slamma.
88 14.15%
  1. Post
    even though not guilty.. wonder what he will get charged for for the arson?

2. Post
    This was always going to be the outcome... and another murderer walks free, bugger

3. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    GP rumour/breaking news time: Ewan and Scott were having a gay relationship.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!
    Also, Kylee Guy has just signed on for a new reality series.
    John D. Rockefeller award for philanthropic wanks

4. Post
    Xelogen wrote:
    I am thankful that we live in a society where people are (almost) always incarcerated only if there is absolutely no doubt that they committed the crime.
    Yep
    TBH I thought he was ****ed regardless of innocense. Because NZ always HAVE to pin it on someone.

5. Post
    Xelogen wrote:
    I am thankful that we live in a society where people are (almost) always incarcerated only if there is absolutely no doubt that they committed the crime.

6. Post
    Xelogen wrote:
    *With the downside being of course that occasionally we (and the victim's family and friends) have to put up with people wandering around that have killed other people in cold blood and have gotten away with it

7. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    GP rumour/breaking news time: Ewen and Scott were having a gay relationship.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!
    Amended rumour: Scott had found out about Ewen having a wee bum-sesh with a farm hand. Killings ensued.

8. Post
    Mancubus unusually off the comedic mark.

9. Post
    any bets on the same result if ewen was maori ?

but whatever, i wouldnt have wanted to be a juror here in this.
    At least 300 on the motorway booool

10. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Mancubus unusually off the comedic mark.
    Not comedy. Actual rumourings tbh.

11. Post
    Mr Guy's wife Kylee Guy cried out "he killed my husband'' and stormed from the courtroom in tears.

12. Post
    NOT GUILTY!!!

13. Post
    PBaines wrote:
    even though not guilty.. wonder what he will get charged for for the arson?
    I would expect so, seeing as he admitted to it.
    (Didn't he?)

14. Post
    our detectives just suck balls. they couldn't find the guy who did it so they just tried to pin it on him because he was a ****ing psycho anyway and they thought they may as well lock someone up

15. Post
    POCOLOCO wrote:
    our detectives just suck balls. they couldn't find the guy who did it so they just tried to pin it on him because he was a ****ing psycho anyway and they thought they may as well lock someone up
    The evidence that I heard about was the boots and the shotgun.

Shotgun can't be traced (I don't know why?)
    Boots don't fit MacDonald

You'd think those two key pieces of evidence would determine whether police would bother charging or not. Did they not think to find out his shoe size or something?

16. Post
    victorious wrote:
    I would expect so, seeing as he admitted to it.
    (Didn't he?)
    On the news they said he would have to remain in court to sort out the "other matters" so I would imagine so.

17. Post
    & admitted to the mega dollar trashing of the other house.

18. Post
    Yet Chris Warner is in jail. How disgusting. :mad:

19. Post
    POCOLOCO wrote:
    well ewen made himself stand out.

20. Post
    Limit0 wrote:
    Rifle barrels are grooved (rifled), the grooves leave an impression on the bullet and are unique. Shotgun barrels have no grooves, ie are smooth.

21. Post
    Limit0 wrote:
    Ima repost from the SoCTS thread.

EDIT: Vulcan bet me anyway. Mine has pretty pictures and shit

Xelogen wrote:
    They know it was a shotgun.

The bullet matching that you see on tv only applies to rifles. Rifles are called that because there is a spiral rifling in the barrel like this:

Rifling makes the bullet spin, which makes it more accurate. When you fire a bullet, the rifling leaves marks on it, which can be used to match it to the rifle that fired it.

Shotguns, on the other hand, aren't designed for pinpoint accuracy, and have a smooth bore with no rifling. You can figure out basic stuff like the gauge of the shotgun, but there's no way of determining exactly which shotgun fired the pellets. Since practically every rural farmer would have a 12 gauge shotty, it isn't exactly compelling evidence.

22. Post
    Cheers for clearing that up, Vulcan and Xelo

23. Post
    clearly the outcome was going to be not guilty... even though i bet most of the jury believe he did it. Evidence was just terra bad

24. Post
    MY NIGGA EWEN IS FREE!!

25. Post
    So basically if this guy didnt do it then the actual murderer is walking around free as a bird. Gg NZ police