1. Post

Telecom Broadband Usage Meter

Ok, so I got this letter today that says the Telecom Broadband Usage Meter will temporarily stop recording data usage between 2nd July and 4th November due to a system upgrade. It also states that, for a limited amount of time, data usage will not be measured and data allowances are not applied for the duration of this work.

Does this mean we need to manually keep tabs on our data usage, somehow?! Or does this mean it's a free-for-all since data allowances are not applied?

2nd July to 4th November is a long time to have to keep tabs on data usage so sure hope it's the latter!

Can anyone confirm?

2. Post
    PredoTaurus wrote:
    Ok, so I got this letter today that says the Telecom Broadband Usage Meter will temporarily stop recording data usage between 2nd July and 4th November due to a system upgrade. It also states that, for a limited amount of time, data usage will not be measured and data allowances are not applied for the duration of this work.

Does this mean we need to manually keep tabs on our data usage, somehow?! Or does this mean it's a free-for-all since data allowances are not applied?

2nd July to 4th November is a long time to have to keep tabs on data usage so sure hope it's the latter!

Can anyone confirm?

I got the same letter. This happened before with telecom for 2 weeks a while back and they never counted any of the data you used during that 2 weeks.
    So I assume it would be the same thing.

3. Post
    I think it means that for a limited amount of time, data usage will not be measured and data allowances are not applied for the duration of this work.

4. Post
    undead_knight wrote:
    I think it means that for a limited amount of time, data usage will not be measured and data allowances are not applied for the duration of this work.

5. Post

6. Post
    Am after a confirmation, not merely a copy and paste job of what was written.

Can others still access their Usage Meter?

7. Post
    PredoTaurus wrote:
    Yes I can still access the Broadband Usage Meter for my account (haven't received a letter and don't expect to since the account isn't associated with a TiVo media device).

8. Post
    PredoTaurus wrote:
    Am after a confirmation, not merely a copy and paste job of what was written.

The letters only went out to a limited number of customers, these are customers that have TiVO and are on a BBA connection. If you received the letter, then you have unmetered for the duration of the BBA stack upgrade.

9. Post
    Basically it means that if Telecom cannot record how much data you use, they don't know and CANNOT FIND OUT if you used 2gb or 1000gb. Basically you have unlimited internet if you got the letter. So go nuts

10. Post
    I haven't been able to check my usage for a week now, keeps coming up with "this service is currently unavailable". I don't have tivo though - better ring them in the morning cause I think I'm nearing my quota already lol

11. Post
    Important Message
    Apologies. This service is currently unavailable. Please try again later

Please contact your service provider if you have any questions.

12. Post
    Try adding .xadsl to your user name eg. user.xadsl@xtra.co.nz even though it says not to, that's the only way I can access it

13. Post
    Cheers for that guys!

I can still access the Usage Meter but I think the Meter has stopped???

By the way, what's a BBA connection?

14. Post
    PredoTaurus wrote:
    By the way, what's a BBA connection?
    It's a UBA connection, as opposed to the older FIPD type. Customers had to be migrated to BBA for compliancy with the Chorus & Telecom demerger.