Page 1 of 25 123411 ... Last

1. Exclamation

The War Z - The new DayZ

So it seems like companies are starting to jump in on the success of DayZ. The War Z is an upcoming MMO which looks as though it takes a lot of the great aspects of DayZ and improves on them, whilst adding even more features.

DayZ is great, but this looks like some healthy competition!

http://thewarz.com/

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/19/th...lels-to-day-z/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...erience?page=1

Keeping a close eye on this one.

2. Post
    Looks awesome. I'm a bit loathe to get into Dayz if someone comes along and knocks it off (or if DayZ 2 comes out on Arma3). The thing that interests me the most is that it's a mod. I wonder if more gaming companies will open up their games to in-house or external modding now? Sure DLC is great but Arma2 is a hot property now.

3. Post
    Price to buy then micro transaction based pay 2 win.

Will be on the radar, but they've probably already ****ed the game with the item shop before even releasing it.

4. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Will be on the radar, but they've probably already ****ed the game with the item shop before even releasing it.
    This.

5. Post
    It's not pay to win. Read the IGN article.

6. Post
    Will fail miserably.
    Torquenstein

7. Post
    Is this the type of game that you really want to play with a heap of other people?

8. Post
    Jordan NZ wrote:
    So it seems like companies are starting to jump in on the success of DayZ.
    It's cute that you think that. Considering how far along in development that this game is, there's no way they "riding on the coat tails" of some alpha mod that's ONLY BEEN AROUND SINCE APRIL.

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    It's cute that you think that. Considering how far along in development that this game is, there's no way they "riding on the coat tails" of some alpha mod that's ONLY BEEN AROUND SINCE APRIL.
    F*ck you're a miserable sod, Eva.

10. Post
    Oh you.

11. Post
    Here we go with the whole ad hominem ****.

It's cute how you always think you're right Eva.

12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    would be interesting to see how well the sales are for Arma 2 since this mod has blown up. Actually I don't care, for either these games or anything to do with them just thought I'd get involved

13. Post
    I imagine they're both heavily inspired by the old arma2 zombie mods anyway.
    Without chernarus and bohemia's mod-friendly approach, I doubt we'd see either dayz, war z, or anything similiar for quite a while.

14. Post
    AC SLATER wrote:
    would be interesting to see how well the sales are for Arma 2 since this mod has blown up. Actually I don't care, for either these games or anything to do with them just thought I'd get involved
    Arma OA has been a top seller on Steam since the mod, not sure if they graph sales

15. Post
    I'd love to see some numbers!

16. Post
    Torquenstein wrote:
    Will fail miserably.
    Why? A casual DayZ will probably appeal to the masses more than a hardcore Dayz. People can't even play the current DayZ without alt f4ing all the time anyway.

17. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Why? A casual DayZ will probably appeal to the masses more than a hardcore Dayz. People can't even play the current DayZ without alt f4ing all the time anyway.
    Pretty much, some of the things that make people love Dayz are the things that turn me off it. I don't want to spend hours lying prone in long grass.

18. Post
    that's what she said

19. Post
    They must have some alpha footage? Releasing screenies and no trailer in 2012? Until I see some playable footage their **** about being in development since last autumn is a bunch of wank.

Due to the number of utter f*ckwits that infest the Day Z player-base they'll probably have a good source of players driven to them.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if 'stand alone' releases on the ARMA 3 engine - Bohemia would be mental to not be pumping money into this right now.

20. Post
    wtf is DayZ? I've been living under a rock.

21. Post
    CoolShady wrote:
    Is this the type of game that you really want to play with a heap of other people?
    well yeah, after all, zombies are predictable , other players are the real danger. Wiping everyone else appeals more then just survival.

22. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Oh you.

If it's good enough for the court room, it's good enough for GPforums

23. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    And yet, this (now deleted, hmm) thread on a forum of a related game/team makes it sound as if the idea was only pitched to Arktos around May.

Sergy Titov, eh? CEO of Artkos. Also the lead developer of this gem of a game.

It's cute that you gentlemen think this development is legitimate.

24. Post
    Big Rigs was off the f*cking rails! Amped now!

Also, he was responsible for this:
    Technical Director
    Riot Games Inc.
    Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Computer Games industry
    September 2006 May 2008 (1 year 9 months)

Responsible for design and system architecture of award winning massively multiplayer title League of Legends from Riot Games. Hired and managed both internal as well as external abroad development teams, establish development standards and processes.
    So he was involved with a rubbish game? He's clearly been involved in a good one too. He probably won't have a role as a programmer or designer, etc, on the game, so why would this concern you? Seems he will just help to try and make the project run smoothly from a financial and professional point of view. I'm not writing this one off just yet.

25. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Or maybe they had other plans for their game, then once the Day Z phenomenon hit they altered their game to suit. If they already had the engine, main stuff down then it wouldn't take long to make a few changes to suit. Hell, Day Z was only created in a very small amount or time.