Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Omerta: City of Gangsters

Developed by Haemimont Games which made Tropico 3 and 4

OMERTA - CITY OF GANGSTERS is a simulation game with tactical turn-based combat. Taking the role of a fresh-from-the-boat immigrant, with dreams of the big life, the player will work his way up the criminal hierarchy of 1920's Atlantic City. Starting with small jobs, his character recruits a gang and expands his empire by taking territory from other gangsters. Eventually he establishes his own crime syndicate and becomes the de facto ruler of Atlantic City.
    Features
    •Historically accurate representation of Atlantic City and its landmarks
    •Strategic gameplay allows city overview, planning, expansion and gathering of intel
    •Turn-based tactical combat with a cover system and stealth action
    •15 unique player controlled characters each with unique personalities and backgrounds
    •A RPG system for development of player characters and managing their equipment
    •Competitive and cooperative multiplayer mode with persistent gangs
    •15+ hours of gameplay in a single play-through
    •20 unique maps visualizing the various districts of Atlantic City

Finally a economy mafia game. Been waiting for another since Gangsters 2 which was back in 2001.

Here's a pretty decent write up from the e3 preview Omerta: City of Gangsters – E3 Preview

2. Post
    I want a game sort of like this but set in Baltimore (AKA The Wire).

3. Post
    well definitely something to keep an eye on as long as it remains turn based.

4. Post
    Doing jobs for Nucky Thompson?

5. Post

Loved Gangsters, will keep an eye on this.

6. Post
    I've played every game these guys have ever released in English and enjoyed them all. I imagine the game will follow their standard path and be fairly shallow/easy but lots of fun. It won't be as complicated as the Gangsters games were.

7. Post
    CoRk wrote:
    Doing jobs for Nucky Thompson?

8. Post
    I see steam are starting to advertise it now, it looks interesting,

9. Post
    Looks like a great game so I've Pre-Ordered. I have been waiting for something similar to Gangsters for a while. Graphics could be better but hopefully the gameplay makes up for it.

Pretty cheap too, USD27.20 using GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK at Green Man Games.

10. Post
    JaredMc wrote:
    Looks like a great game so I've Pre-Ordered. I have been waiting for something similar to Gangsters for a while. Graphics could be better but hopefully the gameplay makes up for it.

Pretty cheap too, USD27.20 using GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK at Green Man Games.
    sweet i bought it. not long to go now

11. Post
    eug1404 wrote:
    I've played every game these guys have ever released in English and enjoyed them all.
    Including The Last Templar?

12. Post
    Demo now available
    http://www.shacknews.com/file/34063/...gangsters-demo

Capped atm so I can't download for a couple of days

13. Post
    xbo wrote:
    Demo now available
    http://www.shacknews.com/file/34063/...gangsters-demo

Capped atm so I can't download for a couple of days
    sweeeeet thanks man. dling now.

14. Post
    That link didn't work for me. Probably a Windows 8/IE10 issue. But I found another one:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/files...emo_EFIGSP.exe

Downloading now.

15. Post
    Some people may ask why you would be using internet Explorer, but those people are living in the past. The days of iE6's stagnation and overall ****ness are long gone. Modern iE has become a genuinely good browser through the iteration in recent years. Competition from Firefox and later Chrome forced MS get off their asses and actually put some effort into it.

16. Post
    I haven't seen anything in Chrome or Firefox that have made me want to change. I think it was more my 4 year old laptop struggling, rather than a W8 or IE problem. It hung for a bit, then opened 10 tabs catching up to the clicks I had done minutes ago.

Played the demo for a little bit. I'm not disappointed that I pre-ordered as it's still a definite buy for me. But there are some annoying things... How do you tell how long a task will take? How must longer will a gang member be doing his task? Can you cancel tasks? These seem like pretty simple things to include but I couldn't find them. Combat was a bit awkward, but should become more natural over time.

17. Post
    This is out now, have started my download.

18. Post
    Lord_Montgomery wrote:
    This is out now, have started my download.
    "This game will unlock in approximately 9 hours"

19. Post
    Got it from gamers gate, maybe the key is available earlier. According to steam I am downloading it and it isn't a pre-load so

-e- I take that back, dl finished, only 1GB, says content still encrypted when I try to play. Weird, damn gamersgate getting me excited.

20. Post
    still waiting on my key from greenman :\

21. Post
    Ohhh this looks good. Feedback plox?

22. Post
    Omerta..rings some bells.
    has this name been used in a game somehow before?

23. Post
    enjoyed the demo not sure if its worth $30 tho

24. Post
    mmario wrote:
    Omerta..rings some bells.
    has this name been used in a game somehow before?
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Omertas

For example.

25. Post
    tried the demo, was a bit disappointing. It's probably going to be one of those games you get at the steam sale and never get around to playing