Page 7 of 14 First ... 45678910 ... Last

1. Post
    I thought I saw a vodafone ad matching the telecom one(free summer calling), doesnt look like it though

2. Post
    ^ That's the new/updated 2degrees $19 pack which includes unlimited texting and free calling to other 2degrees mobiles.

3. Post
    These free network calling things need to die, I though they had gone but obviously not, your mates are never all going to be on the same network.

4. Post
    we all need to chose 1 master race to rule them all..

5. Post
    impreza50 wrote:
    These free network calling things need to die, I though they had gone but obviously not, your mates are never all going to be on the same network.
    I don't care for them for selecting the deal, for me its just a sorta bonus.

I can see how others would have it swing it their way though.

6. Post
    Kog wrote:
    we all need to chose 1 master race to rule them all..
    So everyone switches to Telecom, then Vodafone puts out a better deal, gets way to annoying and only one company would lead to more telecommunications rape.

7. Post
    I dont see vodafone offering free summer calling/txts yet

8. Post
    Telecom is now non stop text to all networks

9. Post
    2Degrees free calling is a bonus on top of what that pack already comes with

easy to find out as well - txt the number to 300

10. Post
    But seriously who can actually use up 5000txts? I call that unlimited. Free calling is nice, but I have to many friends on 2d and vodafone (many on contract) for it to be very useful. I see 2d has the same deal as telecom to 2d mobiles and more options than telecom for talk plans. Then vodafone has the prepaid freebies, so many options now, really comes down to what you want. The big thing going for the $19 packs is it's the cheapest way to get 500mb of data and they have thrown in some txts and minutes as well.

11. Post
    eXDee wrote:
    Telecom is now non stop text to all networks
    Time for a 2D text race heheheh

12. Post
    bjorn wrote:
    Time for a 2D text race heheheh
    Pretty pointless now, 2D would get almost no revenue from it and cop a load of bad PR too. The termination rates are too low to make it even worth considering.

impreza50 wrote:
    But seriously who can actually use up 5000txts? I call that unlimited. Free calling is nice, but I have to many friends on 2d and vodafone (many on contract) for it to be very useful. I see 2d has the same deal as telecom to 2d mobiles and more options than telecom for talk plans. Then vodafone has the prepaid freebies, so many options now, really comes down to what you want. The big thing going for the $19 packs is it's the cheapest way to get 500mb of data and they have thrown in some txts and minutes as well.
    Yeah 5k is heaps. No one except an overactive teenager with no data on their phone would get even close to that.

I like telecoms addons because they stack. Vodafones i know definitely do not. 2Degrees im unsure of. But telecoms you can buy as many addons as you like and they get their own expiry dates, and it uses the one that will expire soonest first.

Vodafones prepaid freebies are crap. You cant buy addons with your credit and unless you are going to do lots of text/data one month and then none the next month in comparison (using the credit you topped up with at standard rates) its pretty pointless vs a $19 combo. Good marketing idea, but not ideal for ongoing use.

13. Post
    idk the new $40 topup option is pretty sweet if you need 1gb data. $40 you get 5000txts 1gb data and $40 credit gives you 80mins calling. Try and find a cheaper way to get that, but for most the $19 deal is the best.

14. Post
    $39 on 2D could get you 1.5gb, unlimited texts, 50 minutes calling to any network + free calling to 2degrees mobiles ($19 text combo + 1gb zone data). The zone data isn't available everywhere, though.

15. Post
    yeah great if you never leave the main centers but 2d is pretty average for data outside its coverage. They supposedly roam on vodafone but often vodafone customers have 5 bars 2d has no service in the same area or terrible data speeds when vodafone works fine.

you sure you can have a $19 pack and broadband zone addon? I'm pretty sure you can't have both at the same time. Getting a deal almost better on prepaid than on plan is nothing to laugh at. the $20 and $30 topup bonus are pretty average but the $40 one is pretty good if you are heavy on data. use your data up early just top up it is the most flexible plan around

2d really has no compelling reason to be on them anymore. Telecom has the best $19 deal and the $40 topup option on pre paid freebies is making on plan look bad.

16. Post
    2 Degrees still has the edge when it comes to data prices, offering 1GB, 3GB and 12 GB packs for $20, $50 and $99 respectively. Vodafone and Telecom's allowances are comparatively miniscule. Of course, this is again limited to broadband zones, so is probably not a fair comparison.
    2 Degrees' "National 3G" data is in line with what the other networks offer.
    impreza50 wrote:
    you sure you can have a $19 pack and broadband zone addon?
    Positive.

17. Post
    yes great in the cities but the problem with 2d is they have two different data packs depending on where you are. Telecom or Vodafone you know it will cost the same where ever 2d it costs way more in small towns. 2d is actually the most expensive for data in small towns. Vodafone has a 2gb pack for $50 which isn't that much more. 2d has done great things for nz prices but doesn't really offer the best deals anymore.

18. Post
    got the 19$ txt combo will see how it goes or if I'll go back to voda in jan.

19. Post
    impreza50 wrote:
    idk the new $40 topup option is pretty sweet if you need 1gb data. $40 you get 5000txts 1gb data and $40 credit gives you 80mins calling. Try and find a cheaper way to get that, but for most the $19 deal is the best.
    If you're going to go up to $40 you may as well just stack two telecom combos (yes, you can do this).
    120 mins, Non stop text, 1gb data, unlimited telecom mobile calling for $38, leaving a couple of bucks free. Plus you can buy them as you need them, eg one month you might only need 1 combo.

Or 2degrees pay monthly:
    $39 120 Min All You Need Text* 100MB 1GB Bonus Data 100 Bonus Minutes

So 1.1gb of data. That freebies deal isn't amazing at either price point, people just like the concept of things being "free".

impreza50 wrote:
    yes great in the cities but the problem with 2d is they have two different data packs depending on where you are. Telecom or Vodafone you know it will cost the same where ever 2d it costs way more in small towns. 2d is actually the most expensive for data in small towns. Vodafone has a 2gb pack for $50 which isn't that much more. 2d has done great things for nz prices but doesn't really offer the best deals anymore.
    Both vodafone and telecom do 2gb data packs at $50, but telecoms 500mb pack is $25 not $30 like voda.

2Degrees broadband zone limitations are rumoured to disappear next year.

20. Post
    not sure if many of you have checked the latest coverage maps for 2D on their fully launched cities + many others that are in live testing... it's growing pretty quickly

21. Post
    How do 2degree users find the service they receive? Am getting my first smart phone and 2d have what seems like the best deal for me out of the lot. 100min, unlimited txts and 100mb of data. $39 a month and you get a bonus 100mins for life, and 1gb bonus for two years.

22. Post
    Spanked. wrote:
    How do 2degree users find the service they receive? Am getting my first smart phone and 2d have what seems like the best deal for me out of the lot. 100min, unlimited txts and 100mb of data. $39 a month and you get a bonus 100mins for life, and 1gb bonus for two years.
    You are probably better off going with the $19 prepay plan

Unlimited texts, 50 min calling, 500mb data

23. Post
    Therk wrote:
    You are probably better off going with the $19 prepay plan

Unlimited texts, 50 min calling, 500mb data
    Yeah, I might try that and see how I go, since it's prepay can always jump ship when something better comes along.

24. Post
    Spanked. wrote:
    Yeah, I might try that and see how I go, since it's prepay can always jump ship when something better comes along.
    Exactly, chances are you won't use all of the data/minutes. And if you do, just jump on a plan.

25. Post
    telecom is looking strong for this summer with that free calling to telecom mobiles till the end of march.
    Might switch unless theres something I dont know about..hows their coverage compared to VF?

Page 7 of 14 First ... 45678910 ... Last