Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    You need to know the job description, about the company and be prepared for behavioral type questions. University careers centers have heaps of examples on their websites. Trust me I had about 6 interviews by phone this year.

2. Post
    Do it naked. I double dare you.

3. Post
    Dress professionally, don't wear pyjamas. It does affect your manner.

Go sit properly at a table.

Have your cv out, and some crib notes about why they should hire you. Will/fit/able stuff.

Smile. Apparently it does come across in your voice

4. Post
    Its for a call center. They will want you to role play with them.

Make sure you dibs the level 60 paladin right off the bat.
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

5. Post
    I've worked in quite a few Call centres, basicly they wanna see if you got good phone manner for a start

They will ask some questions such as so why did you apply for us? and maybe some behavioural questions in a what would you if this happened type scenario.

Never umm or ah and say 'know what I mean' and be prompt to answer.

Let them do all the talking and answer appropriately when required.

6. Post
    Always say "aks" instead of "ask".

7. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    Do it naked. I double dare you.
    I did that once, since the call wasn't planned. Got the job in the end

8. Post
    they might just wanna see how you sound over the phone first and not ask you too much, and if you sound alright will get you in for a face-to-face interview. what happened to me anyway

9. Post
    You would be surprised at how many people find farts over the phone hilarious.

10. Post
    haha, deliverance as always from the mighty OD.

will talk to them today

11. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    You would be surprised at how many people find farts over the phone hilarious.
    Make sure you've got an ice breaker armed the minute you confirm the speaker phone is on.

12. Post
    snaffta wrote:
    Make sure you've got an ice breaker armed the minute you confirm the speaker phone is on.

13. Post
    I think it would be prudent not to to do the interview on an empty stomach so eating a large bag of potato chips whilst answering questions might be a wise idea.

Page 2 of 2 First 12