1. Post
    This has been vapourware for ~6 years, but it's FINALLY entering pre-production.

http://www.funcom.com/news/pre_produ...t_journey_saga
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...fall-chapters/

In the end it's not Funcom developing it but Ragnar Tørnquist's new studio, Red Thread Games.

2. Post
    Ahhh finally it is publicly announced. Really pleased to see that this has been put together without any blow ups - Funcom's recent troubles certainly didn't bode well for this being done in-house so giving Ragnar the freedom to do it directly is a great move.

3. Post

4. Post
    About. Damn. Time.

5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    This has been vapourware for ~6 years, but it's FINALLY entering pre-production.

http://www.funcom.com/news/pre_produ...t_journey_saga
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...fall-chapters/

In the end it's not Funcom developing it but Ragnar Tørnquist's new studio, Red Thread Games.
    I'm failing to see why this is thread worthy. It's type of non-news that you'd see on Kotaku.

6. Post
    dragunks wrote:
    I'm failing to see why this is thread worthy. It's type of non-news that you'd see on Kotaku.
    This thread was bumped because the kickstarter campaign for this started 17 hours ago!

I instantly pledged $75 USD in a heartbeat

Kickstarter page link

EDIT: I just rechecked the kickstarter page and the pledge has increased by $10k in 10 mins

7. Post
    dragunks wrote:

8. Post
    Woah, they are over halfway towards their goal within 24 hours -there are ALOT of impatient fans out there

9. Post
    I don't think I've actually played the first two...

10. Post
    CoolShady wrote:
    I don't think I've actually played the first two...
    The first is a classic style point and click adventure well worth playing.

The second I have mixed feelings about, while the adventure components and story are good there is some pretty average action elements that did not impress me. Still quite a good game however.

11. Post
    LOL!!!
    In a couple of days its already exceeding the funding for Wildman. Nice work. I've pledged for the boxed collectors edtion because I love that ****. It will go nicely with my Reds/Double Fine, Wasteland 2, and Project Eternity collectors editions.

12. Post
    Oh darn, the $350 tier is gone so I am forced into the 500 tier instead. What a shame

If a boxed collectors copy is as good or better than the one they did for Dreamfall then I shall be pleased.

13. Post

14. Post
    Well the game will be funded and they're not too far off from hitting their first stretch goal at $900,000 (Ports to irrelevant platforms used by anarchist neckbeards, hipsters, artf*gs and barely computer literate babyboomers.).

I'm hoping that they hit the $1m stretch goal at least.
    $1,000,000 - A Longer Journey, which allows us to create new locations, characters and side stories, adding great depth to the world, additional gameplay and new dialogue, lore, magical creatures...and some cool surprises! Check back later for more information about this stretch goal!
    EDIT:
    Prototype gameplay footage

15. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    (Ports to irrelevant platforms used by anarchist neckbeards, hipsters, artf*gs and barely computer literate babyboomers.).
    For someone frequently quick to jump on the ad hominem and straw man soap boxes when others make idiotic statements, you do a pretty bang up job of acting the idiot yourself when you spout these sorts of irrelevant and utterly asinine comments.

Back to the topic, I also hope the 1m goal is reached; can't see it being a major hurdle really.

16. Post
    Kickstarter Page wrote:
    Apples & Penguins ($900K)

and the Mac and Linux versions. I know a lot of you will be excited about that, and it makes us very, very happy. A bunch of us are (at least parttime) Mac users, Linux is getting bigger and bigger (and rightfully so), and we want to see Dreamfall Chapters reach as many players as possible, on as many platforms as possible. And not just Windows, Mac, Linux.
    So, console version implied in further stretch goals then.

Getting more and more intrigued.

17. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    So, console version implied in further stretch goals then.
    God I hope not. One reason adventure games failed was due to making them accessible on consoles and their restrictive and frankly **** controllers. They became less and less adventure games and more 3rd person exploration titles.
    Dreamfall's major weakness was all the crap that it had to do to make it console friendly.
    **** that.

18. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    God I hope not. One reason adventure games failed was due to making them accessible on consoles and their restrictive and frankly **** controllers. They became less and less adventure games and more 3rd person exploration titles.
    Dreamfall's major weakness was all the crap that it had to do to make it console friendly.
    **** that.
    Oh OK then. I hadn't realised they'd made a gimped version compatible for consoles.

One saving grace however could be that due to expected launch date for DFC it would be likely to be coded for Durango/Orbis which could have much better KB/M implementation than Xbox360, and to a much lesser extent, the PS3 does.

19. Post
    So they made a little over $1.5 million on Kickstarter. I've yet to see a total figure including Paypal donations though.

The good news is we're getting the "Director's Cut", Ragnar's original vision for the game. The bad news, they didn't hit $2m stretch goal required to greenlight the 4th game in the series, The Longest Journey Home, which would've concluded April Ryan's story.

Foxman wrote:
    For someone frequently quick to jump on the ad hominem and straw man soap boxes when others make idiotic statements, you do a pretty bang up job of acting the idiot yourself when you spout these sorts of irrelevant and utterly asinine comments.
    Idiotic comment? Yeah, nah. Deny it all you want, that's more or less the generalised truth of Lunix, Mac platforms and their respective audiences.

Sometimes I feel that a lot of indie developers support these minority audiences just to shut up their highly vocal, annoying voices.

Lunix users probably have the biggest sense of imaginary entitlement than any other audience by far. When there's the Humble Bundles, they'll always argue that they have the highest average amount per donation of all platforms, but Windows users dwarf their contributions in sheer volume that it's trivial by comparison.

The aforementioned MIGHT be the past now though, having Lunix support and easy portability in general helps partially futureproof games for Steambox, which will probably use a customised build of Lunix as the default OS installed. So Lunix might become slightly more relevant than it was before, but not by much.

20. Post
    Xmas present from Uncle Ragnar, a 25min gameplay video with commentary!

21. Post
    Cheers for reminding me!

I bought TLJ and DF on sale some time ago to play in anticipation (first ever play through). DL'ing TLJ now.

22. Post
    Bumping to let everyone know this has been released now, and has so far been pretty damn awesome

23. Post
    Looks decent, has some issues it seems (what unity3d game doesn't?). Might wait until they release more chapters. Atm only the first is available. Probably pays to at least watch a playthrough of the first two.

24. Post
    Finished the first ep, it's not that long but is pretty well written. They've obviously taken a lot from the Telltale games. A few graphical glitches, but overall a pretty positive experience. But they really need to release a recap of what happened in the past.