Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

Populus remake by Peter Molyneux (kickstarter)

So this old man along with indie dev team 22cans is remaking Populus with the help of kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/.../project-godus

I want to believe, I love these sorts of god games, but I dunno. Bit jaded when it comes to Molyneux. Also found it off putting how they were saying they were using what they learned from curiosity, that cube experiment thing, to help them with this project. :/

2. Post
    They learned how to trick rubes out of their money, hence the Kickstarter.

I have a soft spot for Molyneux, I'll give him some of my dang money.

3. Post
    i would hit on the chick in the front.. not sure about supporting PM tho, his last few games have been meh

4. Post
    GODUS is instantly accessible, easy to learn but immensely deep.
    Whoa, kinda like Fable 3!

... oh wait.

5. Post
    I won't be able to help myself, he's going to get some of my money.

6. Post

7. Post
    Don't understand all the Molyneux hate myself.

8. Post
    Derpizard wrote:
    Don't understand all the Molyneux hate myself.
    Go back and read preview articles and pre-release interviews for Fable 1 (Project Ego) and Black & White 1, then compare them to the final games. Hell, this applies to Fable 3 as well.

9. Post
    Been quietly hoping for populous 4 for over a decade now. I hope Molyneux doesn't **** it up.

10. Post
    Tell him he's dreaming

11. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Go back and read preview articles and pre-release interviews for Fable 1 (Project Ego) and Black & White 1, then compare them to the final games. Hell, this applies to Fable 3 as well.

Molly is all talk no(t much) walk.

12. Post
    I swore that when we started 22 Cans that we wouldn’t over-promise, and I guess through stupid mistakes we have. I have to live by those. If it means that the project doesn’t get Kickstarted, if it means that people use the Kickstarter to vent their frustrations, then I guess I have to live by that.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...lieve-so-much/

Are you surprised at my tears, sir? Strong men also cry... strong men also cry.

Edit: Actually, this is a more interesting RPS post: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...ailings-godus/

13. Post
    Over sell and under deliver is Molyneux life mantra.

14. Post
    Are his later games actually bad or does he just need to shut up and stop overhyping them?.

I loved populous back in the day.

15. Post
    I enjoyed Fable:Lost Chapters and Black and White (1 and 2) tbh. Despite not delivering on many of the promises, they were pretty great games.

16. Post
    Dicey wrote:
    Are his later games actually bad or does he just need to shut up and stop overhyping them?.
    Fable 3 was a raft of awful design decisions. Seriously, replacing all RPG menus with a FRIGGING ROOM where you have to WALK to particular options if you want to change them? What was he smoking that day? WOW, JOHN CLEESE is my butler, this is SO MUCH more convenient than menus!!!!111

Fable 2 was supposed to ship with co-op. They patched in some half-arse implementation later. The fully featured promised F2 co-op mechanics didn't make it until Fable 3... and by then they woefully outdated and below people's expectations for co-op mechanics.

17. Post
    All his games Post-Bullfrog are just overhyped ****. The reviews for Black and White must have been the most inept or corrupt ever witnessed.

He's all talk.

18. Post
    PtP wrote:
    I love this.

19. Post

20. Post
    ^ That guy needs to chill out and simply close his Kickstarter browser tab.

21. Post
    I remember one of the promises of Fable being something along the line of "every blade of grass in the game has the potential to effect the outcome" - now Fable was a pretty cool game, but that was an over-promise of brobdingnagian proportions.

Also - ego-based Kickstarter funding works, just look how many people funded Penny Arcade purely so they didn't have to have as many advertisements on the websites for a while.

22. Post
    I loved Black and White, the sequel was kinda meh though.
    Only ever played Fable 3, thought it was ok.

Dungeon Keeper was pure awesome though. Definitive childhood game for me.

23. Post
    This could actually fail. the final swing will need to be massive at this point.

24. Post
    you know, alot of folk seem really bitter about Molyneux. But really when i look at it, giving him a tiny bit of money for the digital copy is better than despairing at the next Halo 15 , Call of Modern Warfare 21 or whatever copy and paste vomit that seems to be the trend of gaming nowadays.

most recent games under deliver, XCOM comes to mind, anyone who put money into Mech Warrior Online would be probably be equally underwhelmed etc , so yeah god loves a trier and i don't mind it either. It certainly better to hope than to accept the mediocrity of fps gaming nowadays. Hell even if the passion and creativity does not translate from paper to game it will always be better to back them than the current design by committee focus groups for maximum profit targets which is the design document nowadays.

25. Post
    I'm not bitter but he does come across as a cross between a rambling old man and an excited 12 year old, making things up as he goes along. For him, making the game is the game and he has a great time with it, but, most of the time, he doesn't actually win.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last