Latest CPU & GPU Discussion (Intel/AMD/Nvidia)

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 7,951 to 7,975 of 9678

1. Post
    Vega is just about to be unvieled, NVIDIA will drop the 1080ti when that happens

2. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Vega is just about to be unvieled, NVIDIA will drop the 1080ti when that happens
    What's the Specs on Vega? Is the 1080ti just a more affordable version of the Titan XP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Post
    Kidona wrote:
    What's the Specs on Vega? Is the 1080ti just a more affordable version of the Titan XP?

no one knows the answer to any of your questions

4. Post
    Kidona wrote:

I'm guessing here but 1080 level or higher-ups. performance from one of the cards, 490x I presume.

That's when NVIDIA usually drops a ti card

5. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Maybe they know theyve got nothing on Vega?

Wish someone would release something better than the 1080, want a decent 4k card than go do VR well

6. Post
    Someone at Microcenter pulled this from one of their internal docs

https://imgur.com/a/WUaZ0

Interesting note about the claim vs Kaby - better clock for clock and cheaper.

7. Post
    I am old school AMD fan. I feel like those users will come out of the woodwork.
    Athlon XP and Athlon 64's were seriously amazing chips that dominated the enthusiast segment for a good 3-5 years.

8. Post
    Man I hope Zen delivers

9. Post
    Wally Simmonds wrote:
    Maybe they know theyve got nothing on Vega?

Wish someone would release something better than the 1080, want a decent 4k card than go do VR well
    We can only hope

10. Post
    Believe it when I see it I guess.

Problem I have is Q1 2017 could be up to 4 months away, I want something nowish

11. Post
    Bro you don't need anything, just get a new MOBO

12. Post
    Gonna start holding my breath for Zen. IMO it doesn't even have to be cheap. There's a massive market of people currently running ancient Intel tech who are happy to spend 1k+ on mobo/cpu/ram whichever team they go with.

13. Post
    But I have the bug to spend money! haha and I need to replace my monitor, this one hurts my eyes, but again, don't wanna buy one till 4k HDR is in the shops :/

14. Post
    Oh yeah don't get me started on monitors. I've been umming and ahhing for so long I ended up going back to my '08 Bravia lol :/

15. Post
    Yeah, was all excited to upgrade to 7770k... now have to be patient, don't want to jump on the wrong train.

16. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    Believe it when I see it I guess.

Problem I have is Q1 2017 could be up to 4 months away, I want something nowish
    It is supposed to be available, not just paper launch inside the quarter, so 3 months isn't that long to wait really.

I've read reports of companies pumping out AM4 motherboards, in anticipation of big sales.

17. Post
    Really annoyed with Nvidia not announcing the 1080ti was really hoping they would. Looking at building again and was holding out for CES.

Disappointed with Kaby Lake as well.

18. Post
    I'd personally wait. Both my gaming systems have Intel Xeon's on them, and by no means are slow, but they are hot, lack basic features common in newer motherboards and I'd really like to do a watercooled mini-itx build this time around. I have also been tempted to sell both and jump on a Skylake/Kaby lake MITX build, however given that the Kaby Lake chip is virtually the same as Skylake, I don't really feel the need to reward Intel for this.

It's only a few months to wait, and its quite likely your build will last you many years to come.

Given the lack of a 1080TI today I'm really hoping AMD steps it up on all fronts in a few hours. I am very keen to get back on team red!

Understand the need to get something now if you have limited time, but honestly, how long does a single pc take to stand up these days :P

19. Post
    Vega presentation slides have been leaked:
    http://videocardz.com/65406/exclusiv...a-presentation

Certainly the largest Radeon architectural change since the HD 7970. The lack of SKU specs or benchmark comparisons with other GPUs likely means it is still a few months away from launch.

20. Post
    Available Q2. That's mid year. And still no performance data.

21. Post
    Will be looking at upgrading when Ryzen drops. If performance per $ is the same as Intel then I will get on board, my poor old 8320 has served me OK for the last few years.

22. Post
    I know I should wait, but the failing mobo is annoying me.

That said right now i'm play 8-bit armies, so it's not really urgent. Would like a pimp system for Mass Effect Andromeda to play at 4k 60fps but that may not happen if no GPU's drop. my 1070 will do ok, but not the premium experience

23. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    And no 1080ti announcement at CES. Bugger.. I want a beast of a card to buy
    same, i have been holding off for months. I'm still sitting on a GTX580, was hoping to jump to the GTX1080Ti.. but might have to settle for the GTX1080... i cant really keep waitting, some games are starting to crash too much now, and i thinks it my card letting me down.

24. Post

25. Post
    Yeah priced up my potential system already, worked out at $1523 or something.

Man fast DDR4 ram is pricey

Wait, $1750 odd with new cooler.

Good thing i've been saving eh?

Still not sure, pc is still running, Zen might be betterer...