Latest AMD/Nvidia GPU Discussion

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 7854

1. Post
    It's a refresh they have to use
    Gddr. Shows Nvidia thinks that Vega won't be direct competitor though I think.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2. Post
    ah well, i guess i can wait until mid next year to see before i think of upgrading from my 970s

3. Post
    Is the article from October then edited recently?

4. Post
    Nope, its just from october and everyone seems to be spamming it around now for some reason.

5. Post
    Apparently the 1080Ti is getting announced today?

http://videocardz.com/65353/watch-nv...ouncement-here

6. Post
    Surprised they would announce it before Vega is out

7. Post
    So I'm new to this whole PC enthusiast thing. Do Nvidia always release their high end first and AMD play catch up?

Also, have prices on new GPU's remained roughly about the same on release? Or have prices slowly risen? I'm really hoping that these new Vega cards are good so I can get one for a play around.

8. Post
    No not always but its been that way for the last couple generations at least

9. Post
    And no 1080ti announcement at CES. Bugger.. I want a beast of a card to buy

10. Post
    Yea that's a shame. Maybe Nvidia is waiting for AMD to make their move with Vega. The same site that said the 1080ti would be announced today reckons there is a secret Vega event happening at CES. i don't exactly trust them now but if that is happening maybe Nvidia caught wind of this event and decided to hold back on their announcement. My guess is youtubers and whoever else probably already have a 1080ti and 490 in hand are already doing benches and what not. Just a matter of when AMD and Nvidia announce them.

11. Post
    Perhaps. But annoyingly it means there's nothing better than a 1080 on the market till, well, who knows haha. Feb?

Vega announcement possibly tomorrow but it's an 'architecture preview' which doesn't sound like the actual launch is close *and i don't know if it'll be a 4k card.

Having said that i don't know if the 1080ti is a 4k card for real or not.

We're on the cusp of a 4k / 60 fps card in modern games on ultra settings, but just not quite in the ballpark for knowing you'll get the performance.

12. Post
    Vega is just about to be unvieled, NVIDIA will drop the 1080ti when that happens

13. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Vega is just about to be unvieled, NVIDIA will drop the 1080ti when that happens
    What's the Specs on Vega? Is the 1080ti just a more affordable version of the Titan XP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Post
    Kidona wrote:
    What's the Specs on Vega? Is the 1080ti just a more affordable version of the Titan XP?

no one knows the answer to any of your questions

15. Post
    Kidona wrote:

I'm guessing here but 1080 level or higher-ups. performance from one of the cards, 490x I presume.

That's when NVIDIA usually drops a ti card

16. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Maybe they know theyve got nothing on Vega?

Wish someone would release something better than the 1080, want a decent 4k card than go do VR well

17. Post
    Wally Simmonds wrote:
    Maybe they know theyve got nothing on Vega?

Wish someone would release something better than the 1080, want a decent 4k card than go do VR well
    We can only hope

18. Post
    Really annoyed with Nvidia not announcing the 1080ti was really hoping they would. Looking at building again and was holding out for CES.

Disappointed with Kaby Lake as well.

19. Post
    Vega presentation slides have been leaked:
    http://videocardz.com/65406/exclusiv...a-presentation

Certainly the largest Radeon architectural change since the HD 7970. The lack of SKU specs or benchmark comparisons with other GPUs likely means it is still a few months away from launch.

20. Post
    Available Q2. That's mid year. And still no performance data.

21. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    And no 1080ti announcement at CES. Bugger.. I want a beast of a card to buy
    same, i have been holding off for months. I'm still sitting on a GTX580, was hoping to jump to the GTX1080Ti.. but might have to settle for the GTX1080... i cant really keep waitting, some games are starting to crash too much now, and i thinks it my card letting me down.

22. Post
    Yeah.. though arguably this year something a good chunk better will be released

23. Post
    Really do not know what to do now. Do I buy a 1080 or wait for the 1080ti or Vega and see what the benchmarks are.

I have only got my laptop so i can survive but cannot really play games broke down my pc and am selling the pieces on trade me

24. Post
    hells_supernova wrote:
    Really do not know what to do now. Do I buy a 1080 or wait for the 1080ti or Vega and see what the benchmarks are.

I have only got my laptop so i can survive but cannot really play games broke down my pc and am selling the pieces on trade me
    Just buy a 1080. You'll always be waiting for something, and the 1080 is a DX 12 native GPU that will be supported for years by Nvidia. By the time Vega comes out, you could have been playing and enjoying games on your 1080 for 5-6 months.

25. Post
    Yeah, pretty disappointing though. I've been waiting for a 'proper' 4k card for a bit now and was hoping for some early Q1 releases with the 1080TI/Vega.

Guess I can continue slumming it on my 980TI