Latest CPU & GPU Discussion (Intel/AMD/Nvidia)

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 9,076 to 9,100 of 9567

1. Post
    got 2 SLI 970s, might wait until whatever AMD releases before changing over. 1080 is an upgrade but not a huge upgrade (unless i can get one for super cheap )

2. Post
    lol at the pricespy prices for 1080 ti strix.

$1615 and $1731

3. Post
    Yeah I used to have sli 970's. I like sli setups, they fill out the case better, but too many games are coming out with no sli profile now so it's just not worth it anymore...

4. Post
    Haisley wrote:

$1615 and $1731
    Those prices are a meme

5. Post
    SLI hardly seems worth it now you have single cards that can smash most games at most resolutions.

1080p, get a 1070. 1440p, get a 1080. 4k, get a 1080 ti.

6. Post
    mac-one-oh wrote:
    Yeah I used to have sli 970's. I like sli setups, they fill out the case better, but too many games are coming out with no sli profile now so it's just not worth it anymore...
    Easy, just put a phys x card in with your ti.

7. Post
    Haisley wrote:

$1615 and $1731
    This is why I always import my vid cards.

8. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    SLI hardly seems worth it now you have single cards that can smash most games at most resolutions.

1080p, get a 1070. 1440p, get a 1080. 4k, get a 1080 ti.
    i need your bottomless wallet Haisley! be kind and flick me your 1080 cheap when you upgrade !

9. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    i need your bottomless wallet Haisley! be kind and flick me your 1080 cheap when you upgrade !
    I got you bro. PM me in a couple months

10. Post
    Thought I could step up to a 1080 ti but the rules are pretty strict. Looks like you can only do it on reference models and it states it has to be purchased in us/eu but I'm sure I've heard of Nzers doing the step up program. Can anyone Confirm?

11. Post
    dude2099 wrote:
    Thought I could step up to a 1080 ti but the rules are pretty strict. Looks like you can only do it on reference models and it states it has to be purchased in us/eu but I'm sure I've heard of Nzers doing the step up program. Can anyone Confirm?
    Can't confirm.

But assuming you bought from US with US shipping address (youshop) you should be eligible.

Hanging out for an EVGA hybrid, or an MSI Seahawk. Want that cool quiet performance.

12. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    What are the noise levels like?

Apparently there is no stock left of the founder/reference 1080 ti. And that will cause AIB cards to be delayed further.
    Noise levels are actually impressive for a blower. Didn't bother increasing the fan speed from stock as it won't go much past 1900mhz under heavy load anyway and temps are still mid 70s. Its really fast too, don't think I'll be needing another card for a while.

13. Post
    hackdrag0n wrote:
    Noise levels are actually impressive for a blower. Didn't bother increasing the fan speed from stock as it won't go much past 1900mhz under heavy load anyway and temps are still mid 70s. Its really fast too, don't think I'll be needing another card for a while.
    I would hope you don't need another card for a while

14. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    I would hope you don't need another card for a while
    I'm not sure Ryzen can even keep up with it. TW3 was walking about in the wilderness and getting 120fps at 1440p everything maxed including hairworks. Gpu was fluctuating between 85-99% usage. Only had it a day though so more testing needed.

15. Post
    hackdrag0n wrote:
    I'm not sure Ryzen can even keep up with it. TW3 was walking about in the wilderness and getting 120fps at 1440p everything maxed including hairworks. Gpu was fluctuating between 85-99% usage. Only had it a day though so more testing needed.
    Sheeezus!

I need a 1080 ti in my life right now!

Would love some 120fps at 1440p everything maxed including hairworks. Witcher 3 is pretty much all I play at the moment.

16. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Sheeezus!

I need a 1080 ti in my life right now!

Would love some 120fps at 1440p everything maxed including hairworks. Witcher 3 is pretty much all I play at the moment.
    /puts on hooded black robe

Doo Eeettttt ..

:P

17. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    /puts on hooded black robe

Doo Eeettttt ..

:P
    No stock mang!

18. Post
    Haisley wrote:

$1615 and $1731
    I think 1080 STRIX OC was about $1500 or more on release.

19. Post
    dude2099 wrote:
    I think 1080 STRIX OC was about $1500 or more on release.
    Looking back to May 29 in pricespy, it peaked at $1491.

Over $1700 is encroaching into that Titan territory. And it's supposed to be a lot cheaper than a Titan.

20. Post
    I would expect nothing less, they can get away with price gouging, till they have some competition. So lets hope Vega turns out to be just that.

21. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I would expect nothing less, they can get away with price gouging, till they have some competition. So lets hope Vega turns out to be just that.
    MSRP in the states is $699USD, roughly $990 through straight dollar to dollar conversion.

So we get $600+ bottom of the world tax?

22. Post
    Even at $699USD by the time to pay shipping, gst and customs fee it's still over $1300

23. Post
    mac-one-oh wrote:
    Even at $699USD by the time to pay shipping, gst and customs fee it's still over $1300
    So can save $300+ then?

24. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    So can save $300+ then?
    yes and no warranty

25. Post
    You're assuming the partner cards will be $699. I think the rumor is the strix was looking like $740+