Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post
    Wow, I'm surprised how soon that the PC version is out, only 10 days after the consoletoy versions. (vs. the usual ~6 months for a Capcom title)
    http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/201...se-in-january/
    Sounds like it MAY use Steamworks too, instead of Capcom's usual GfWL trash.

As for the game itself, it looks like a real stepdown from the classic series. This awful cutscene has put me right off this.

"F*ck you."
    "F*ck you."
    "F*ck you."

2. Post
    Was excited when the demo came out, but that's starting to wane now.

Will get MGS:R instead

3. Post
    OH HEY, PC version has NO FPS cap vs. consoletoy version capped at 30fps.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/13...er-in-january/

Devil May Cry games running at anything less than 60fps is a crime. PC version looks like the only option.

4. Post
    Honestly the demo wasn't that bad gameplay wise, i'd be willing to give "donte" a chance but certainly not at full RRP. Having the option of PC is also a plus, worse things have happened in the gaming world.

5. Post
    That cut scene was bad, but I think was perfectly topped off with someone taking a dubstep dump all over it.

6. Post
    Where is my Resident Evil 6 for PC?

Sucky move Crapcom.

7. Post
    Be honest Eva, you're just pissed you were called a whore!

8. Post
    There simply aren't words to describe how awful this game looks. Dante seems like a completely terrible character, the forced attempts at being edgy come across as tacky and god good, don't get me started on that dubstep, that'll pretty much make it unplayable for me on it's own.

I haven't even played the DMC series, but the older ones look a thousand times more appealing than this garbage.

9. Post
    So much swearing, were the old DMC titles like that?

10. Post
    If all it takes to put you off a game is dubstep I suggest you give up on gaming for the next year or so.

11. Post
    void wrote:
    So much swearing, were the old DMC titles like that?
    Nope there was lots of cheesy lines but we loved them anyway the rebooted dante only seems to know one word and he uses it often he's basically a dick much like Tameemi Antoniades and Alex Jones they can keep spinning their lies but we will never accept this abomination

12. Post
    Hitokirix101 wrote:
    Nope there was lots of cheesy lines but we loved them anyway
    Yeah didn't think so but I haven't played a DMC title for a long time. Want the old Dante back.

13. Post
    There was an apologist on YT comments of some DmC trailer who reckoned that this reboot had mature storytelling. Sure buddy, if your idea of "mature" is the Gears of War/Kane and Lynch/etc variety.

14. Post
    ^ I'd even place it below that. The mechanics started to win me over at first because there wasn't much in the cutscene with the general stage demo, but trying the boss level with the cutscene you posted put me right back off it again. It's just inane cutscene direction. The constant used of mixed metal and dubstep didn't help either.

15. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    There was an apologist on YT comments of some DmC trailer who reckoned that this reboot had mature storytelling. Sure buddy, if your idea of "mature" is the Gears of War/Kane and Lynch/etc variety.
    Mature = More swearing right?

16. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Mature = More swearing right?
    That and blatant usage of excessive blood/gore (also nudity, but you don't have much of that because of America's broken values system).
    Things that appeal to 14 year olds.

17. Post
    Well I liked it.... but then I never played the other DMC games. To me it looks like a game that doesn't take itself too seriously, has fun combat, and some sweet tunes.

18. Post
    All copies of DmC will use Steamworks. Such wonderful news.
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capc...c-pc-questions

19. Post
    Christ finally, now I wonder if the PC version of RE6 that was announced today will use it as well.

Edit: looks like it will.
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston...oming-march-22

20. Post
    I read that too. Capcom and Codemasters were two of the biggest holdouts when it came to using GfWL. Codies dropped GfWL with Dirt 3 onwards.

All that's left is pretty much WB and maybe Namco Bandai (some titles like Dark Souls use GfWL, others like Ridge Racer Unbounded use Steamworks.)

21. Post
    March 22nd? Better late than never - I look forward to it after the superb port of RE5.

22. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Well I liked it.... but then I never played the other DMC games.
    Well that's your problem right there.

23. Post
    It cant be worse then DMC4......that was rubbish

24. Post
    entensity wrote:
    It cant be worse then DMC4......that was rubbish
    DmC4 wasn't all that bad, at least it had the proper Dante in it.

25. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    DmC4 wasn't all that bad, at least it had the proper Dante in it.
    This Dante is no less a Dante then any previous.
    Ill be buying it because I have played every other and I have hope this game isnt as shite as 4