Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 33

  1. Post
    #1


    First gameplay footage really, pre-alpha. Powered by UE3.0.

    Looking decent thus far. Hopefully it's better than Brink.

    Making it F2P is the best idea, since they can't compete in the AAA premium space with the likes of CoD and BF dominating.

  2. Post
    #2
    notbad.jpeg

  3. Post
    #3
    Movement and animations seem clunky (like the player is super heavy) and dat spray and pray.

  4. Post
    #4
    So Brink reskinned, but they are too embarrassed to reference brink in their promo materials.

  5. Post
    #5
    BathTub wrote:
    So Brink reskinned, but they are too embarrassed to reference brink in their promo materials.
    Wouldn't you be?

  6. Post
    #6
    BathTub wrote:
    So Brink reskinned, but they are too embarrassed to reference brink in their promo materials.
    This cynical post is moronic, I'm sorry. Completely different engine (not the IdTech-based like all of their past games); the HUD with radial menus for analogue sticks is nowhere to be seen; no parkour movement system.

  7. Post
    #7
    No need to be a cock. Pointing to alpha footage not having the same HUD as a point of difference is pretty hilarious. It visually appears very similar, and the gameplay is almost exactly the same, that could have been any of the 'escort the bomb' mission from brink. I liked Brink a lot, they just ****ed the release then abandoned it. Anyone can see that this is another attempting at the same thing leveraging their past success with ET into a new Objective Based Shooter. I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.

  8. Post
    #8
    Aaaand around the 2min mark you find out that it does, indeed, have iron sights. Not that I think there's much wrong with them, I was just getting more of an ET vibe until that point.

    The thing that seems to let me down the most when it comes to new MP FPS is the maps. And that's going to be an even bigger concern for a game like this.

  9. Post
    #9
    meh.

  10. Post
    #10
    It looks like Brink ... It doesn't look like brink...


    Either way it looks pretty boring/****.









    ... "NEXT"

  11. Post
    #11
    Another 30 bullet burst FPS game. Think ill pass.

  12. Post
    #12
    dat dere action quake 2 inspired 30 bullet burst.

  13. Post
    #13
    That pretty much looks like garbage to me.
    There are already around 8 f2p modern warfare style games out there, some of em already based on UE3.
    You'd think they'd maybe try something different, or at the very least try something sci fi like the stuff they've done in the quake universe.

  14. Post
    #14
    Zerulas wrote:
    That pretty much looks like garbage to me.
    There are already around 8 f2p modern warfare style games out there, some of em already based on UE3.
    You'd think they'd maybe try something different, or at the very least try something sci fi like the stuff they've done in the quake universe.
    I guess if you can't beat em' ... join em'

  15. Post
    #15
    Pay money for closed alpha access or for priority in the invite queue. Really it's just their take on the crowdfunding model, similar to what Path of Exile did.
    https://secure.warchest.com/dirtybomb/

    Here's a video featuring gameplay footage and them boasting about their proprietary data gathering tools used to balance the game.


  16. Post
    #16
    I don't get why a "balanced level" would be better for gameplay, I like the fact that some points in the map are strong points to own people. That's what makes maps interesting. To me it looks like concerted effort to make it boring (the "echo" system a.k.a stats translated into cool gfxy pictures, does kinda show some cool ****).

  17. Post
    #17
    Infuriation wrote:
    I don't get why a "balanced level" would be better for gameplay, I like the fact that some points in the map are strong points to own people. That's what makes maps interesting. To me it looks like concerted effort to make it boring (the "echo" system a.k.a stats translated into cool gfxy pictures, does kinda show some cool ****).
    A balanced level would mean that the strong points are possible to get through. In the video basically the defenders could slaughter easily and attackers had no chance. That makes for a cheap and bad game

  18. Post
    #18
    I remember when I used to play TF there was choke points but you got creative to get around them (like the elevators on 2fort5). But yeah I see your point.

  19. Post
    #19
    Infuriation wrote:
    I remember when I used to play TF there was choke points but you got creative to get around them (like the elevators on 2fort5). But yeah I see your point.
    Yeah but it sounds as if these choke points didnt have creative points.

    Is anyone interested in this game? Im not sure how I feel about it

  20. Post
    #20
    entensity wrote:
    Is anyone interested in this game? Im not sure how I feel about it
    Well the art direction is certainly very close to Brink's. i.e. with those exaggerated body features.

    If they're taking the lessons learnt from Brink's poor release (and marketing direction) and we get a better, refined product then it might be worth a punt. The fact they're going a F2P route and foregoing a tacked on SP campaign altogether is definitely the right direction (and one that Brink should've taken).

    F2P (not asking for money up front) should mean that there will always be people willing to play it and there likely will be no splintering of the playerbase with **** like premium map packs.

    Attached Images


  21. Post
    #21
    Has anyone bought a premium pack?


  22. Post
    #23
    The brink comments made me laugh, this is incredibly similar to RTCW: ET. If you're going to make analogies, do it to the first or closest one :P

    ET was a fun game, and F2P suits it - times have moved on though, so unless the movement and game-play is spot on, and the maps spectacular (many originals are not) it will fail. At least F20 suggest on-going support.

  23. Post
    #24
    I'd be real into it if the shooting mechanics looked any good, but they look horrible... Like an even more noob version of cod if that's possible..?

  24. Post
    #25
    what we need is ut4, and for it not to be a consolized piece of **** like ut3 (f**k you cliffyb you cocksmoker).