Gaming General Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
(6 votes)
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 4986

  1. Post
    Hopefully a GP regular gets it

  2. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Yeah I only lasted half an hour before I gave up cos it was boring af. I knew what to expect beforehand but still thought I'd give it a try.

    I too am an older gamer but after games like Far Cry & Crysis I can't enjoy mindless shooting galleries like I did when I was younger
    Out of curiosity, what's an 'older gamer' now?

    30ish or 40ish?

    Source: I'm old AF

  3. Post
    IST wrote:
    Out of curiosity, what's an 'older gamer' now?

    30ish or 40ish?

    Source: I'm old AF
    I would say around 40 & those who have been gaming since the Atari 2600 days (or even earlier).

  4. Post
    C64 here + various handhelds here. I'm an older gamer and will die an elderly gamer.

  5. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    C64 here + various handhelds here. I'm an older gamer and will die an elderly gamer.
    Yeah, started on C64 here too. Wizard of Wor was my jam

  6. Post
    IST wrote:
    Out of curiosity, what's an 'older gamer' now?
    Well in a survey done last year in the US "The average guy who plays games is 35; the average woman is 44."

    "The average "frequent game purchaser" is 38 years old."

    So, going by that, you are average, not old

  7. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Well in a survey done last year in the US "The average guy who plays games is 35; the average woman is 44."

    "The average "frequent game purchaser" is 38 years old."

    So, going by that, you are average, not old
    Hmmm, I always new I was completely average. That's why I'm only good at Family Feud.

  8. Post
    Dam I'm getting average old then . Started with an Amstrad CPC464!!

  9. Post
    First home computer I had was an Atari 520ST, 31 years ago...

  10. Post
    First gaming system I owned was a sega master system.

    But played on Atari, C64, and Amiga at mates houses.

  11. Post
    Bloody old men

  12. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    First gaming system I owned was a sega master system.

    But played on Atari, C64, and Amiga at mates houses.
    Exactly my scenario too

  13. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    First home computer I had was an Atari 520ST, 31 years ago...
    Oh yeah I remember those. My friend used to go on about how much better it was than my Amiga 1000. Ha ha good times.

  14. Post
    Puk wrote:
    Dam I'm getting average old then . Started with an Amstrad CPC464!!
    Same, and same

  15. Post
    Apple II here

  16. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    Apple II here
    This was also my first gaming experience, deep in Carmen Sandiago and Howitzer

    Having said that, it was waaay after it's release, my fam was never really a tech savvy one: we got it once the C64 was out, around 1984. We upgraded to a IIe in 1985 I think it was, also got an Atari with Frogger than year if I recall correctly.

    Seems I'm not as old as I thought I was, ludez is the only one making me feel a bit ancient

    On a side note, just saw this on Kotaku right now http://gizmodo.com/hero-coder-adapts...-ii-1791213030 : Uncanny!

  17. Post
    I think my first was Atari 2600. I remember those joysticks. I'm young compared to you old farts though I'm technically still an 80s kid

  18. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I think my first was Atari 2600
    I still have my Atari 2600 back at my folks hours in the UK, complete with wooden trim lol!

  19. Post
    I found my Atari 2600 and ST whilst cleaning out my garage the other month, was quite surprised I still had them. I'd stashed them inside one of those old flip top school desks.

  20. Post
    Load "*",8,1

  21. Post
    Wally Simmonds wrote:
    Load "*",8,1
    Then wait 15 minutes for the game to load, then rewind it when you're done lol

  22. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I think my first was Atari 2600. I remember those joysticks. I'm young compared to you old farts though I'm technically still an 80s kid
    I'm also an 80s kid, but only just.....

    Does this excempt me from old fart status?

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

  23. Post
    That makes it even worse! Haha nah you old timers keep us youngins in check

  24. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Then wait 15 minutes for the game to load, then rewind it when you're done lol
    *If* it loads since you spilled chocolate yogurt all over your prized Aliens game and the kid up the road is being all stingy and won't let you get a second copy.

  25. Post
    It's the 10th anniversary of Halo 3 this year. I hope that we get a Halo 3 remake announced for PC/XB1 at E3 or whatever.