Gaming General Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
(6 votes)

1. Post
    Daaft wrote:
    I've been meaning to replay Dead Space for quite a while, but I don't have a TV for my Xbox and I remember the PC version (which I own) having terrible problems with the Xbox controller (movement would only register once the thumbstick had moved ~half it's max distance, which makes aiming very clunky). I could never find a fix for this and thus have not given it another play .
    Dead Space is a much better game with mouse aiming, eg the turret sequences. All you need to do is disable in-game v-sync, force v-sync via GPU control panel and crank up mouse sensitivity.

2. Post
    alienguy wrote:
    Yeah, it is really good. After finishing NV with expansions it is pretty hard to say which one is the better game. Point Lookout is so good, as is Operation Anchorage. I'm coming across a lot of quests and areas i missed on my other play throughs which is really good. Also i havn't done Broken Steel yet, the one you unlock after finishing the game and apparently thats the best one
    I enjoyed Point Lookout the most. Mothership and Anchorage were both rubbish, and Broken Steel was a lag fest

3. Post
    Yeah i spent a decent amount of time on PL, so much to explore, very cool setting as well.

4. Post
    Broken Steel is worth it to bump up the level cap, but yeah PL was the best in terms of new setting.

-HB wrote:
    Been playing Red Dead Redemption, I've spent a decent amount of time trying to quietly abduct citizens from Armadillo then leaving them somewhere out in the wilderness
    Leaving them on train tracks is always good for a laugh.

5. Post
    After finishing my ultra-douche playthrough of ME3 I'm gonna go through BioShock, I think. Either that or hit up some other random games I bought through the steam sale.

6. Post
    alienguy wrote:
    Yeah, it is really good. After finishing NV with expansions it is pretty hard to say which one is the better game. Point Lookout is so good, as is Operation Anchorage. I'm coming across a lot of quests and areas i missed on my other play throughs which is really good. Also i havn't done Broken Steel yet, the one you unlock after finishing the game and apparently thats the best one
    I've seen plenty of people hate on FO3 in comparison to NV, but I agree with you; they are both incredible games.

EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Dead Space is a much better game with mouse aiming, eg the turret sequences. All you need to do is disable in-game v-sync, force v-sync via GPU control panel and crank up mouse sensitivity.
    I should give it another go with M+KB then, but there is something i really enjoy about using a controller for 3rd person shooters (I think playing a stupid amount of RE4 got me into that habit). Having an inferior control system adds to the tension I reckon, but I'll definitely have a crack at using M+KB.

7. Post
    Might take the rig up stairs for some Big Picture action later on.

Who picked up Awesomenauts?

8. Post
    Daaft wrote:
    I've seen plenty of people hate on FO3 in comparison to NV, but I agree with you; they are both incredible games.

I still played FO3 a great deal more but maybe that's just 'cause of how similar the two are, but NV is definitely up for some replaying soon.

9. Post
    lorenzen wrote:
    Watching a journey play through on youtube, I know watching it isnt the same experience but I really dont see what the fuss is about. looks boring.
    Anyone that's played this have a rebuttal? Haven't played or watched this yet but it gets endless praise.

10. Post
    re: FONV. Personally I adore this game and think its about as good a Fallout game can be using the FO3 tech. I like FO3 but its REALLY poor compared to any of the other 3 titles in the series. The writing and story is lack lustre, the NPCs are dull and lack personality, and it lacks the depth of the 2 previous versions. NV fixed all of the writing/NPC issues and added in some of the missing mechanics and the Fallout humour that Beth just couldnt manage. A pet peev I had regarding peoples reaction to it was in them saying its not a "true" sequel because its uses the same engine/doesnt look all that different which is about as a retarded thing to say as I can think of. The vast majority of sequels are exactly that. For every sequel that uses a batter engine/is significantly improved visually I can name 2 that were just a new story/location using the same or a slightly improved version of the same engine.

re: Journey. Is trite as it is to say you really need to play it to get it. Or are you just assuming the vast majority of people saying its the best Indy game and/or one of the best games to be released this are lying? Its gotten universal praise and deserves it. I loved it. Its the only PS3 game I have played this year.

11. Post
    alienguy wrote:
    I prefer NV, it's just less buggy for one thing. I really loved both though, 2 of my favourite games. I'll have to play the first 2 sometime.

Also good idea for a topic!

12. Post
    i picked up LA Noire + the dlc for under $10 yesterday on steam. Will be cranking this out shortly.

13. Post
    Picked up FTL and not a bad little game.

14. Post
    Steam Big Picture upstairs in the lounge today

15. Post
    Those of you that have played Alan Wake, have you played Alan Wake's American Nightmare, too? Thoughts?

Wondering if it's worth getting the franchise bundle off steam and saving a few $$~
    flow

16. Post
    American Nightmare is kinda an alternate take minus the compelling story and fantastic graphics. The gameplay also wasn't as good but I can't remember why (heaps of ammo, way too easy perhaps?)

It's sort of like a portable gaming device version compared to the regular release.
    I played it right through since I payed for it but it definitely weakened the franchise for me.
    lumpy custard

17. Post
    Thanks for posting, lumpy! Appreciate it
    flow

18. Post
    Are the back to the future episodes on the same level as the walking dead?

19. Post
    It's way more classic point n click adventure style.

20. Post
    Hotline Miami is amazing

21. Post
    I am creating a "Modern Earth" scenario for Civ IV. Over 5000 units need to placed on the map. However, I must first create the new map and need to place and populate over 700 significant cities. Then need to improve the terrain surrounding the cities. I must also set the starting tech levels for each civilization; 40 in total - Lesser nations have been combined into groups like , European Union, Arab League, African Union, Latin America, etc.

22. Post
    Had a really good run on Halo 4 MP this morning despite the lack of sleep. My reaction times were way off and yet somehow I was still getting fluke kills and getting out of jams where I had no right to.

23. Post
    DirtySlave wrote:
    Hotline Miami is amazing
    I like this game too ... haven't put much time into it yet but I appear to be incredibly shit at it!!!

24. Post
    I just finished LA Noire. I found it incredible. A really good story that I can't stop thinking about.

When I hop online though I see a lot of negative comments and it seems many people didn't enjoy it.

Thoughts?

25. Post
    darryn wrote:
    I just finished LA Noire. I found it incredible. A really good story that I can't stop thinking about.

When I hop online though I see a lot of negative comments and it seems many people didn't enjoy it.

Thoughts?
    Just your run-of-the-mill backlash. "It was supposed to be the best game ever made but it wasn't so it suuuucked"