Gaming General Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
(6 votes)
Results 4,751 to 4,763 of 4763

1. Post
    C64 here, I really hope retirement homes have gaming LAN's by the time I get there. And free bars. And beer brewing facilities.

2. Post
    You'll be on your own, strapped into VR, being fed intravenously. Your robot minder will makes sure you don't die.

3. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    You'll be on your own, strapped into VR, being fed intravenously. Your robot minder will makes sure you don't die.
    Now that's the life.

4. Post
    we used to have to go outside and play cricket while tape games loaded on an atari 8 bit. occasionally we could pool enough pocket money together to rent a master system for a weekend and play one game, that todays kids would be bored of in 2 minutes, non stop for a whole weekend.

yet somehow gaming was more fun then....

5. Post
    Tony Cipriani wrote:
    Assassins Creed comp thread gone for a couple of days now. I was expecting it to be replaced with the results thread by now. Hopefully someone didn't press the wrong button!
    Edit: I see it now, just locked and unstickied.
    Anyone got the inside word on when this will be announced? Just a heads up would be nice so that I can schedule sufficient time to transition from my current state of unrealistic optimism to one of solemn depression...

6. Post
    JRS wrote:
    we used to have to go outside and play cricket while tape games loaded on an atari 8 bit. occasionally we could pool enough pocket money together to rent a master system for a weekend and play one game, that todays kids would be bored of in 2 minutes, non stop for a whole weekend.

successfully loading from tape on the Commodore 64 was often more exhilarating than the game itself...

7. Post
    gooseman77 wrote:
    Anyone got the inside word on when this will be announced? Just a heads up would be nice so that I can schedule sufficient time to transition from my current state of unrealistic optimism to one of solemn depression...
    Thursday.

Last week.

8. Post
    gooseman77 wrote:
    i'm clairvoyant groowee and i can tell u right now that u lost

loser

9. Post
    Groowee wrote:
    i'm clairvoyant groowee and i can tell u right now that u lost

loser
    Oh well, back to drinking heavily...
    On a related note, is the movie worth seeing? I've heard mixed reviews...

10. Post
    gooseman77 wrote:
    Oh well, back to drinking heavily...
    On a related note, is the movie worth seeing? I've heard mixed reviews...
    very much doubt it

on an unrelated note: inside is such an overrated game. i liked limbo and beat it twice but inside is just such a rehash of the same ideas and even then it's not as good as limbo. i can't think of a single thing that is better in inside (there's some good stuff but not gonna spoil it). i suspect that limbo didn't get the same amount of praise simply because it was a bit different back then (i mean the whole word of mouth, social media, hype culture stuff). smh
    Last edited by Groowee; 17th January 2017 at 11:34 pm.

11. Post
    Limbo had the unique factor.
    If viewed in isolation Inside's a good game bit when put side by side with Limbo it feels recycled and even forced in places...
    With Limbo you kind of got a sense of story, even though it was only suggested through the gameplay. Inside was pretty much WTF? all the way through and the ending didn't really feel like an ending either...

12. Post
    Anyone play infinite air?

13. Post
    JRS wrote:

That's because people are spoiled for choice these days. Back then the expectations for games for far different, hell for me you were lucky if there was one kid in the street who had a console or parents who weren't stingy about letting kids use a computer to play games on for longer than half an hour.
    I think gaming memories for people who grew up in that era are stronger because those experiences you could get were far fewer than todays over saturated digital entertainment era.