Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post
    Here's more confirmation that RE: Revelations is headed to home consoles, the 360 achievement list has been leaked (spoilers ahead, obviously).

To CnP what I wrote in November:-
    BEAUTIFUL, this is such good news! I was hopeful for at least a Vita port, but this is even better since I wouldn't have to buy that failure of a handheld console.
    This just might be the RE fix that people who didn't like RE6 and UC might be looking for.

2. Post
    cool a HD remake. Hope they don't charge a lot for the game.

3. Post
    Saw this the other day, pretty keen on this, seeing as I don't have a 3DS

4. Post
    Little annoyed that I got this on 3DS now.

5. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Little annoyed that I got this on 3DS now.
    You have a physical copy, I assume? Then just sell it.

6. Post
    Oh man, thats amazing!

7. Post
    That is amazing! Now they need to put Resident Evil HD on PS3/XBOX.

8. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    You have a physical copy, I assume? Then just sell it.
    It'll then cost me another $50 or so to get the 360/PS3 copy. If only they released on PC, could get a cheap CD key or something. Ah well, it's good on 3DS anyway.

9. Post
    Yeah REmake would be good.

10. Post
    Xev wrote:
    It'll then cost me another $50 or so to get the 360/PS3 copy. If only they released on PC, could get a cheap CD key or something. Ah well, it's good on 3DS anyway.
    But you're assuming that it will be a retail release. I'd wager that it'd be a digital only release and thus will be priced accordingly.

11. Post
    Probably my fave RE game this gen TBH

12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    But you're assuming that it will be a retail release. I'd wager that it'd be a digital only release and thus will be priced accordingly.
    Pretty much, this wont see a retail release.

13. Post
    ^ I'm not convinced yet. Rumors are it's getting a Wii-U release given other surrounding factors and the subtitle for all versions being "Unveiled Edition" (much like they did with Deadly Silence for the RE release on the Nintendo DS).

If it gets a disc release on that, I expect it will be the same for all versions.

14. Post
    Sweet. Will pick this up for PS3

15. Post
    I would probably get it if it was coming to the Vita but for PS3? Maybe

16. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    I would probably get it if it was coming to the Vita but for PS3? Maybe
    Cross play for PS3 ad PSV? Then you will only need to buy once

17. Post
    EDIT: Not a $60 USD game, but it is seeing retail release.
    The game will release on May 21 in the U.S., and May 24 in Europe.

The re-release will be offered as a physical disc (with a downloadable option launching same-day for PC and PS3, and arriving later for the other platforms) and as such it will carry a price of $49.99. For that fee you'll get the full Revelations experience, complete with updated graphics and lighting, a new playable character - the beloved Hunk - for the game's Raid Mode, and an additional difficulty option.

It's headed to PC?! That's even better news than HD console ports! Also with the news that DmC and RE6 are Steamworks titles, there's a good chance that this will be too.

18. Post
    *wipes tear*

Capcom, I don't know what you've been feeding people at your offices this year but I really appreciate what you're doing these days.

19. Post
    Will double dip retail for sure, it was a great game on 3DS and one those who haven't played should look forward too! Assuming they don't f**k up the port lol.

20. Post
    No Vita version, eh? They must consider the platform a failure.

21. Post
    Sting wrote:
    Assuming they don't f**k up the port lol.
    The RE5 port was pretty wicked, I have faith they'll handle it correctly after they learnt their lesson with RE4.

No Vita port? I don't know anyone who owns a Vita besides people on this forum. I'd say they're pretty much a failure tbh.

22. Post
    Yup, Capcom have made good-great PC ports since Lost Planet. Things are only going to be better now that they've dumped the awful GfWL for Steamworks.

23. Post

24. Post
    Glad this is coming to pc, next to pokemon this was the only other 3ds game that I was interested in.

25. Post
    Lol nice GIF Sting

Fans were understandably up in arms over the decision to seemingly forgo a PS Vita release, prompting many to take to the U.S. PlayStation Blog and voice their frustrations.

In response, Capcom’s Mike Lunn wrote:

“…. when we were developing Revelations for new platforms we really wanted to hone in on the experience you get with a large format screen, surround sound, etc. This type of setup really helps players get sucked into the horror vibe and enjoy the game to its fullest extent.”

He added: “3DS and PS-vita infrastructure let alone developing games for them are extremely different beasts. Even just the screens as you mention are completely different resolutions/functions.”
    Of course.. Its too hard to port the game to a more powerful, bigger screen and better speakers (/headphones) like the Vita as its completely different to the 3DS, unlike the PC, 360 and PS3 which has to be pretty similar to the 3DS...

There would of been nothing more scary then playing RE on the Vita when your lost out in the bushes, which would of been the best setup to suck people into the horror vibe. Not people stuck at home knowing that their safe!