Page 1 of 10 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Ni No Kuni

Couldnt find a thread for ni no kuni.
    for those who dont know, its an RPG game developed by level-5 and studio ghibli

im looking forward to checking this game out, was wondering if anyone knew the best place to find a wizard edition of ni no kuni if anyone knows the best place to get it.
    Looks like it comes with a huge spellbook and stuff.

otherwise i saw eb are doing a preorder with 2 dlc familiars, JB and mightyape dont seem to have any special preorder stuff or wizard editions.

2. Post
    Just saw this posted on Facebook, and it intrigued me. Looks good, would it be worth looking into?

3. Post
    yeah totaly, especially if your a studio ghibli fan like me.
    there seem to be heaps of youtube videos about it, but im trying not to spoil too much of the game by watching them.

it comes out at the end of this month.

4. Post
    The trailer is pretty cool

I love Studio Ghibli's work and this looks to be more of the same vein

5. Post
    yeah its awesome. in this video yohiyuki talks about how they take the same approach they would to make a ghibli film.
    with all the layout panels and shots
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/DcMKwGilv50
    ^i fail at linking video

I see ebay has it for around $200-$400 ... not sure if i wana fork out that much... ill keep looking. id love it to be under $200, but its not looking good

6. Post
    There's a thread in the Playstation forums.

NZGameshop was probably the best place to order the Wizard's Edition but they sold out a couple of days ago.

Amazon UK was good too but they sold out months ago.

Shopto still has it up - here.

Zavvi still has it too though at a premium - here.

The best place would have been Namco Bandai's store to get the US version as it comes with more extras, but they closed preorders in September.

Don't reward scalpers on eBay...

7. Post
    yeah i know right. thanks peagles.
    i should have really preordered it when i first saw instead of waiting till a few weeks out :P

they did a promo where the more people preordered, they were adding more stuff into that wizard edition

8. Post
    Peagles wrote:
    There's a thread in the Playstation forums.

NZGameshop was probably the best place to order the Wizard's Edition but they sold out a couple of days ago.

Amazon UK was good too but they sold out months ago.

Shopto still has it up - here.

Zavvi still has it too though at a premium - here.

The best place would have been Namco Bandai's store to get the US version as it comes with more extras, but they closed preorders in September.

Don't reward scalpers on eBay...
    i should have really preordered it when i first saw instead of waiting till a few weeks out :P
    so is that shopto site sweet? ive never ordered from them before. they seem to be cheapest so far

they did a promo where the more people preordered, they were adding more stuff into that wizard edition

9. Post
    Simplexcity wrote:
    so is that shopto site sweet? ive never ordered from them before. they seem to be cheapest so far

Yeh I'm kicking myself for not ordering from the US. I found out about Youshop just a fraction too late. Followed the whole Ni No Starter as it went along too.

I've put in an order at Shopto and have heard good feedback from others who have used them before; they also do tracking for extra so less worries about it going missing. Zavvi doesn't have the greatest reputation for customer service but I would still consider them safe to order from, however they don't offer tracking.

10. Post
    yeah, i think ill place an order with them later tonight, it works out to about $135 plus whatever the postage is (far cheaper than ebay, i seriously cant believe some ppl are trying to sell it for $400).

we dont have a modded PS3 or anything, and i cant tell if its PAL or NTSC, u think that version will be fine to play on our kiwi ps3s?

[edit] ok, i just saw its UK PAL version. will that work in NZ?

11. Post
    We are PAL so yes

12. Post
    Simplexcity wrote:
    yeah, i think ill place an order with them later tonight, it works out to about $135 plus whatever the postage is (far cheaper than ebay, i seriously cant believe some ppl are trying to sell it for $400).

we dont have a modded PS3 or anything, and i cant tell if its PAL or NTSC, u think that version will be fine to play on our kiwi ps3s?
    It's the UK version so it's PAL. PS3 is region free anyway except for Persona 4 Arena. You might need to make a UK PSN account to redeem the DLC though. I don't actually have a PS3 so I'm going in blind

I think Shopto charge $6 for regular shipping or $20 for tracked.

13. Post
    A shame it got pushed back a week to 31st of Jan. I've been desperate to play this since July last year. I cannot wait!!

14. Post
    i know right. for a while i was even contemplating getting the non-english version...
    not too long to wait anymore tho, so thats good.

15. Post
    There is a demo available for download on the Playstation Network if you are undecided.
    It consists of two segments; one very near the beginning of the game and one much later.

- also the demo allowed Japanese audio with English subtitles or just English audio. I imagine this will be retained in the pal release.

16. Post
    I am so hype for this. The battles were a bit weird to grasp but there's a lot of potential. Plus it's pretty much the most beautiful game i've ever laid eyes on.

17. Post
    aw man!
    so i signed up at ShopTo to get a hold of that preorder, but theyre not actually taking anymore orders. dammit, it looked so available too....
    peagles u lucky bugga

perhaps ill have to settle for my eb preorder...
    and i wanted that 300pg wizard tomb

18. Post
    bought it nigga

19. Post
    where did u get urs from?
    or were u one of those people who was organised and got in early

20. Post
    Good to see quite a number of folks in this forum who are equally excited about this game.

21. Post
    I usually hate that Fry 'shut-up and take my money' meme but god damn it's applicable in this instance. An RPG by Studio Ghibl? Yes plox.

22. Post
    Simplexcity wrote:
    where did u get urs from?
    or were u one of those people who was organised and got in early
    i bought from a shop in UK and ask them to ship it back to Vietnam. Game won't be available in 2 weeks.

if u wanna play badly, u need to buy imported version from Japan ( Japanese vocal+text lol)

23. Post
    Simplexcity wrote:
    aw man!
    so i signed up at ShopTo to get a hold of that preorder, but theyre not actually taking anymore orders. dammit, it looked so available too....
    peagles u lucky bugga

perhaps ill have to settle for my eb preorder...
    and i wanted that 300pg wizard tomb
    Aww that sucks. What about Zavvi? I ordered at Shopto a few months ago, it really did look like they still had them available though!

24. Post
    yeah, i hear theres a japanese DS version they wont be localising either

yeah zaavi has it. i have it in my cart on another tab. still holding off forking out the $160 or more. at least its under $200

25. Post
    Simplexcity wrote:
    yeah, i hear theres a japanese DS version they wont be localising either

yeah zaavi has it. i have it in my cart on another tab. still holding off forking out the $160 or more. at least its under $200
    Yeh I've got a copy of that - tis very cute, I wish I knew enough Japanese to play it properly!

I actually had an order there that I made when I made my ShopTo one but I just cancelled it cos ShopTo was cheaper. I reckon just chuck an order in at Zavvi then while you can. They don't charge til they ship so if you change your mind before that you can cancel.

Otherwise you might regret it and want it later and have to pay double that

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... Last