Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

games with good storylines/characters/endings that I may have missed

So after finally finishing the Mass Effect trilogy I realised I need more good games with the above listed. Not discriminant on platform (but no console shooters). I was thinking I would start with Bioshock (never played for more than an hour) then move to Jade Empire.

2. Post
    Do you have a 3DS? If so, pick up Virtue's Last Reward. It has the single best video game narrative I've experienced in years.

Otherwise, I don't know what you have/haven't played so here's a few with stories I really liked off the top of my head:

The Witcher/The Witcher 2
    The Walking Dead
    Bastion

3. Post
    Okami, Heavy Rain, Legend of Zelda, Chrono Tirgger.

4. Post
    Red Dead Redemption, Journey, Hotline Miami.

5. Post
    AC SLATER wrote:
    I was thinking I would start with Bioshock (never played for more than an hour) then move to Jade Empire.
    Having just played through both recently I would say Jade Empire is much better than Bioshock in the elements you're after. The story in that game was really great, one of, if not the, best from Bioware.

If you don't mind short games you could give 'To The Moon' a shot. It only takes a few hours to complete as a small Indie title, but the story is great and you will get emotional.

6. Post
    I loved Jade Empire, such an underappreciated game

7. Post
    In addition to the previously mentioned titles, I'd also suggest the following:

The Longest Journey
    Dreamfall
    Mafia
    Alpha Protocol (buggy as hell but some fantastic characters and story within)
    Beyond Good & Evil
    Deus Ex (original)
    Dragon Age: Origins

8. Post
    Limbo.

Srs.

9. Post
    Eternal Darkness
    Batman Arkham Asylum and City
    Metroids
    Castlevanias
    Metal Gear Solids
    Secret of Monkey Island
    Grand Theft Autos
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
    God of Wars
    Half-Lifes
    Dragon Age: Origins
    ICO
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Max Paynes
    Shenmues
    Skies of Arcadia
    Grandia 2

10. Post
    Foxman wrote:
    Dreamfall
    Dreamfall is the only "game" I've played where sections of gameplay involved listening to 10mins of dialogue then walking to another place and listening to 10mins of dialogue and I didn't mind because the story was so interesting.

Unfortunately its the second game in an unfinished series so you need to play the first game and there is no conclusive ending...

11. Post
    Bastion
    The Walking Dead

12. Post
    brand wrote:
    Unfortunately its the second game in an unfinished series so you need to play the first game and there is no conclusive ending...
    Fortunately more is coming

13. Post
    The Metal Gear Solid franchise.

14. Post
    Cant see these mentioned

Vampire the Masquerade : Bloodlines
    Planescape Torment !!!!!!!
    Grim Fandango
    Sanitarium
    Syberia 1 and 2

and another vote both for The Longest Journey and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey 2

15. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    Do you have a 3DS? If so, pick up Virtue's Last Reward. It has the single best video game narrative I've experienced in years.
    Also, 999

16. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Also, 999
    Nearly impossible to find now to be fair :3

17. Post
    So true, but such a good game.

18. Post
    dat axe ending

19. Post
    Psyconauts been mentioned? Great original story. A little abstract and obscure, but worked quite well.
    LA Noire also deserves a mention.

20. Post
    Foxman wrote:
    Fortunately more is coming
    Not for another 18 months

That plus it was first announced in 2007 so its going to be 7+ years we've been waiting before it comes out

21. Post
    K cheers guys, will make a list out of all this. Would note that I've finished Bastion already, have the Walking Dead Episodes and I couldn't get into SotC due to the extreme lag and poor control response (is it any better on PS3?)

Couldn't get into SW: KoToR due to the confusing combat system, or the Witcher 2 (have a few hours clocked on the original though)

22. Post
    Dishonored and Far Cry 3
    Spec Ops the Line has a high rated story. I've started playing it and its great graphics and story so far. I wish it was first person though, don't like 3rd person as much.

23. Post
    H264 wrote:
    Dishonored and Far Cry 3
    Spec Ops the Line has a high rated story. I've started playing it and its great graphics and story so far. I wish it was first person though, don't like 3rd person as much.
    I loved Spec Ops but be prepared for some fairly ho-hum gameplay. The story is excellent but it definitely starts off slow. Keep at it and the payoff (imo) is totally worth it.

24. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    Nearly impossible to find now to be fair :3
    It just got reprinted actually.

Edit: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-3wcu.html

25. Post
    I have Spec Ops in the queue as well. Avoiding it as it's primarily a shooter and I need a break from that ****. Also if I can win an auction for an N64 I will be picking up Ocarina of Time, never played a Zelda game but that seems to get the best rep

Page 1 of 2 12 Last