Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Arrow
    Hello everyone,

We wished to post this here, first, before maybe casting a wider net should the need arise:

Gameplanet is hiring a video editor for a permanent part-time position (approximately 20 hours, per week). The role may be extended into a full-time position in the future.

In this role, you will work with Gameplanet’s editorial team to produce on-going game-related video content each week. Unfortunately, this is all the information we can give you at this time, but we can discuss more details – including pay – with applicants who meet the criteria we’re seeking.

As the role will be somewhat fluid, we're looking for someone who is motivated and able to operate independently, someone who can complete this work to occasionally demanding deadlines. You may need to work irregular hours day-to-day, week-to-week.

A good knowledge of games is a huge benefit, but as you’ll be working with us, it can be secondary to your ability to produce quality video content in a very timely fashion.

Obviously, you will have experience as a video editor, and you’ll be able to show us your work to date.

You will be able to use a video camera.

You will be based in Auckland.

Most importantly, you will fit in with our team! These are very exciting times for Gameplanet, and we want to work with likeminded people who share our enthusiasm.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask either in the comments or via private message.

If you think you’ve got what it takes, please contact us at gigs@gameplanet.co.nz

2. Post
    Yo I'm interested, but also a bit confused.

Is this for post, or does it also entail on-location production?

If both, to what extent?

3. Post
    James wrote:
    You will be able to use a video camera.
    Sounds like both. But I'd also like to know the answer to your second question, What.

4. Post
    Not gospel, but as a ballpark, I'd say 80-90% of the work would be post, at your computer.

Already, there are times when GP shoots live, on-site material (Halo 4 launch event, E3, etc.), but this would be a fraction of the role. We simply want someone who is also capable in such circumstances.

Realise that's a bit fuzzy, but hope it helps.

5. Post
    If it was full time I would apply with my decade of experience but a) it's not and I can't afford to drop down to part time only, and b) not in Auckland anyway. Which is why it would have to be full time.

But good luck. No doubt you will find someone great.

6. Post
    Robokill would be a good option, spent the last few years working for snapstar doing their videos in NZ and LA etc. and is now living in Auckland.

I'll point him this way

7. Post
    I can fill this role and in fact it is almost perfect for me. I'm a CG artist and a gamer. Primarily a Creature TD but trained in all aspects of 3D including after effects and nuke. As for the hours, maybe not. I intend to be studying again this year and am looking specifically for this sort of part-time work to earn some money, fill my resume, and give my life purpose , and will be available some evenings and weekends. If you can work with that, I can work for you

I'll put together a suitable resume and some work to show, assuming the hours are flexible enough or fit around my above mentioned schedule.

Also, where will the work be based - at home? on location? Car required to get around?

DSLR photography is, or was until I couldn't afford it, a hobby of mine and I have a lot of experience with cameras.

8. Post
    We don't mind where this person works, so long as it's done The Auckland stipulation is simply a reflection of where Gameplanet, the NZ games industry - and therefore the most content opportunities - are based. It's easier for everyone.

9. Post
    Cheers for that, I will send in an application

10. Post
    Maybe consider posting in the OD jobs forum as well (unless it's waiting to be approved)

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/forum/8174/?s=

11. Post
    does this mean the return of Telefrag?

12. Post
    oddball wrote:
    Cheers for that, I will send in an application
    Good luck mate, sounds like you fit the bill

13. Post
    just sending in my application now I loved doing editing during my film and tv studying days.

14. Post
    Does the job include admin privs on GPForums?

15. Post
    Could be keen! what software do you guys use? I can do FCP,Premiere pro and vegas.

16. Post
    James wrote:
    We don't mind where this person works, so long as it's done The Auckland stipulation is simply a reflection of where Gameplanet, the NZ games industry - and therefore the most content opportunities - are based. It's easier for everyone.
    Oh also, do you have to be available during the daytime or is evenings and weekends an ok time to work in? Asking because student

17. Post
    We don't mind where OR when, so long as it's done I suspect there will be times when this person would need to be at a certain place at a certain time, but there'd be ample warning.

18. Post
    Sounds like a sweet opportunity

19. Post
    p00pty wrote:
    You read my mind!!!

20. Post
    p00pty wrote:
    We'd love to have another go at Telefrag eventually, but that's not the immediate objective here.

21. Post
    Can you tell me more info in regards to the position of Video editor that you're looking to fill.

I would like to know when you're looking to fill this position by and also what sort edits you would be looking for?
    Is it more for reviews?, gameplay or more?

Can you also let me know if you're looking for a more junior person to do this or more of a mature experienced video editor?

22. Post
    Motormouth wrote:
    Can you tell me more info in regards to the position of Video editor that you're looking to fill.

I would like to know when you're looking to fill this position by and also what sort edits you would be looking for?
    Is it more for reviews?, gameplay or more?

Can you also let me know if you're looking for a more junior person to do this or more of a mature experienced video editor?
    Hi there,

Unfortunately we're unable to publicly disclose the answers to these questions with full clarity at this time, as much of the work is to do with a confidential project. Sorry, I know that's not super helpful!

The best I can recommend is to send through a CV that will help us to determine if your qualifications are above or below our requirements.

23. Post
    When do applications close?

24. Post
    Applications have not yet closed. We'll be reviewing the first round of applicants this week (thanks everyone who has contacted us so far - we'll be in touch soon!), and will determine at that time if further applications are necessary.

Cheers,
    JC

25. Post
    Get a girl to do Telefrag

Page 1 of 2 12 Last